Anime Fan Parody & Abridged Series Talkback Spring 2010 (READ FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugiwaraMikey

Awesome new DBZA episode. Really enjoyed it. Goku jumping out the window and the Nimbus coming late was genius. :p

Anyway, it's been awhile since my group (EastBlueStudios) made a new One Piece Abridged episode... It was mostly due to problems with the cast. A couple of them left and we tried our best to find similar/better ones. But now that we got all of those problems fixed I was finally able to finish episode 4. Unfortunately the episode was like two minutes longer than expected so I had to split it into two parts.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpYVD2YL0No
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPvEQQZzjE

Aaaaaand with that we were able to finish up the Buggy arc. Because we changed some of the cast, we're going to go back and redo episode 1 since it needed a lot of improvement anyway, and we'll be replacing the older Luffy and Nami lines with the newer ones in episodes 2 and 3. Once those are up we'll get back on track with episode 5. And our older account got suspended so we decided to move to our backup account. Oh goodie. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, Kaiser might not even have all those lying around.

In which case you could always make a bridge that meets those specifications... or at the very least provide Kaiser with those tunes should you have the means.

Then again... he might have them.

Oh, I'm sure he has them. Or means to them. ;)

GingaDaiuchuu

The Krillin masturbation joke really made the episode way better than the previous one. Plus his scream at the beginning and Vegeta's conversation with Cui were just hilarious. I'm personally loving the Kai score. I could have sworn I even saw some of the new Kai footage in there.

Warrior Cats... Abridged?

That's right! I'm making an abridged series of the Warrior Cats series on Youtube. Multiple series, in fact. I came up with the idea, and I'll also write it. I need people for everything else, though. ^_^;
Oh yeah, and expect references to Van Beuren, Total Drama Island and Archie in the writing of the series.

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
That's right! I'm making an abridged series of the Warrior Cats series on Youtube. Multiple series, in fact. I came up with the idea, and I'll also write it. I need people for everything else, though. ^_^;
Oh yeah, and expect references to Van Beuren, Total Drama Island and Archie in the writing of the series.

You'll want to make a post in this thread, then. That's where requests for collaboration, casting calls, and discussion of upcoming series goes. Thanks!

I'd also like to remind everyone to please NOT post in this thread only to post a link to an episode. If it's worth linking to, then it's worth saying a little something about to spark discussion. Link-only posts will be deleted. Thanks again!

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
How so? Do you like the old voice or the new voice better? Anything else in the episode that stuck out to you? Seriously, the idea is to have a conversation. Be insightful, criticize, praise, ask a question, make an observation. Don't just post the minimum necessary to get me off your back.

animalia555

it is not so much that i like the old voice better as that i am more used to it, it sounds like someone entirely different is voicing it now.

How so? Do you like the old voice or the new voice better? Anything else in the episode that stuck out to you? Seriously, the idea is to have a conversation. Be insightful, criticize, praise, ask a question, make an observation. Don't just post the minimum necessary to get me off your back.

sorry. I liked Nichol's stupidity espeiclaly him thinking that "Undermine" was not a real word. not to mention more humor about the ugly engineers.

Paradox295

Chicks dig it, dude!
http://www.tfsabridged.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17
Get the hell in here
I mean.. please join our humble community :3

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Not funny anymore... :sweat:

You'll never be the next Sketch with that attitude.

And now relevant discussion.

EBS 4 at last. Mikey's editing certainly has improved. Everything flowed very nicely so I'm looking forward to seeing the episode 1 remake eventually. I miss Kage for Luffy but I'll get used to Eyko in time I imagine. Zelos continues to impress as Zoro.

Pretty decent job condensing the story of the arc. Hitting all the major points though no flash back to how Buggy got his powers was slightly disappointing but it's understand why that and various other moments in the arc would be left on the cutting floor.

I felt it lacked punch though. Not that it didn't have jokes. It certainly did. But I didn't particularly find the majority of them funny. Calling Mohji on being furry or at least having Luffy think that he is a furry really wasn't funny to me. Having Buggy freak out about Luffy making fun of his nose may have worked better if Buggy REALLY freaked out but he more or less just seemed increasingly annoyed and then... hurt? Crying even. Maybe just a bit too much of that making the banter between Luffy and Buggy in their entire fight rather dull. In short the furry jokes, the gay joke/s and the excess of nose insults really fell flat to me and that was the majority of the humor in the dialogue. I did however enjoy several of the physical comedy moments such as Luffy smashing the mayor into the wall a second time and Nami's "awesome" face out of nowhere.

And apparently the One Piece is at a flea market in the East Blue... who knew?

Paradox295

Chicks dig it, dude!
You'll never be the next Sketch with that attitude.
Awwww... I wanna be the next Sketch!! Everyone does!!

And now relevant discussion.

EBS 4 at last. Mikey's editing certainly has improved. Everything flowed very nicely so I'm looking forward to seeing the episode 1 remake eventually. I miss Kage for Luffy but I'll get used to Eyko in time I imagine. Zelos continues to impress as Zoro.

Pretty decent job condensing the story of the arc. Hitting all the major points though no flash back to how Buggy got his powers was slightly disappointing but it's understand why that and various other moments in the arc would be left on the cutting floor.

I felt it lacked punch though. Not that it didn't have jokes. It certainly did. But I didn't particularly find the majority of them funny. Calling Mohji on being furry or at least having Luffy think that he is a furry really wasn't funny to me. Having Buggy freak out about Luffy making fun of his nose may have worked better if Buggy REALLY freaked out but he more or less just seemed increasingly annoyed and then... hurt? Crying even. Maybe just a bit too much of that making the banter between Luffy and Buggy in their entire fight rather dull. In short the furry jokes, the gay joke/s and the excess of nose insults really fell flat to me and that was the majority of the humor in the dialogue. I did however enjoy several of the physical comedy moments such as Luffy smashing the mayor into the wall a second time and Nami's "awesome" face out of nowhere.

And apparently the One Piece is at a flea market in the East Blue... who knew?
I agree, I didn't find the jokes funny either and I really couldn't be bothered to watch Part 2. The voice acting was amazing, though :sweat:

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Ah come on man you ought to at least watch part two. You're missing out on the flea market!

On to GWA 21.

I like how they finally notice that the guy accusing Mr. Winner oh hiding something behind his mustache also had a mustache to hide something behind.

I forgot how much Mr. Winner looked like Trowa.

Can't say I like Miliardo's voice as much as Zech's but eh... Heero and Trowa sounded a bit different to me as well.

Quatre done gone crazy... maybe he'll have a Kira moment (both voiced by Brad Swaile HAH). Looking forward to when he really lets out the crazy.

The side banter remains top notch. All around witty stuff that catches you off guard for a rather awkward moment and the timing keeps those moments hysterical.

Bravo Tyrest, bravo!

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
I don't mind the new voice actually of zechs/miliardo peacecraft
highlights of this episode of gundam abridged (lemme see I have a list)
-nicol getting insulted at every waking moment by trowa and lady ulne
-trowa and heero's discussion in the mercurius and vayeate (how would you kill a mobile doll; heero's response is priceless)
-zechs, er miliardo giving up without a battle and still knowing/recognizing heero and him forgetting his birth name
-quatre just so happens to land in the colony with his sister (months of therapy indeed
-quatre's father, and by god he seemed rather, flamboyant with his mustache!!!
-the mustache gag had me rolling in stitches. It reminded me of a single line in an episode of mgs abridged about a character's mustache being his nervous system
-quatre and his father's reparte and the eerie similarities between quatre's father and trowa barton (gah how did I NOT notice)
-quatre going psycho crazy...to set up future events and a new gundam (toyetic enterprise)

solid episode for an early morning abridged series watching me liked =)

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Er, yeah, please don't use that voice again. It just sounds odd LK

Madness! *drop kicks garfield*

Starting to catch up on stuff. Third Hokage is easily my favorite character in LK's Naruto Abridged. Funny, direct and a good relatively serious foil to the crazy fools he's surrounded by.

LittleKuriboh

Madness! *drop kicks garfield*

Starting to catch up on stuff. Third Hokage is easily my favorite character in LK's Naruto Abridged. Funny, direct and a good relatively serious foil to the crazy fools he's surrounded by.
I actually removed a lot of his dialogue from the ep because I realise his delivery kinda makes things drag...

I switched out a lot of dialogue in order to give Naruto more lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts