Anime Fan Parody & Abridged Series Talkback Spring 2010 (READ FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Wow, this was an exceptional episode. Not so much in terms of just laughs, but also performances. LK's Frieza really stole the show while he was present, and just the rather threatening but lackadaisical dialogue while he let his men slaughter the Namekians was terrific.

But also, shame on you people. Shame on all of you. It's been a day and none of you have yet to plug GuttedWren's latest opus: Patlabor the Movie Abridged!

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V

Personally, I found this movie to be a weeeee bit long in the tooth and lacking in any large lol moments. But it's exceptionally well crafted, has some wonderful performances (Especially Unwardil as Goto and Revy as the main female character), and it's quality GuttedWren style humour. You can bet your 37 Alphonses on that for sure.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Sadly I've only made it through one part of the movie so far so I'll leave my comments on that for later. But the first part was solid GWS goodness though even a bit drier than MSGA the witty dialogue caught me off guard at several moment already along with classic GWS awkward situation humor.

Since it's my lunch break I was able to watch DBZA 14 and I must say it's the best episode in a long long time. Probably in my top 3 with ep 5 and ep 9.

Frieza easily stole the show but I got a lot of laughs from the other characters as well.

Loved the cameo by TehExorcist and WhipofAlchemy as Mrs. Briefs.

Classic male chauvanism from Dr. Briefs.

Quite an onslaught of hilarity. Namek abridged is getting epic.

Yeah, LK's Freeza is by far the best English language interpretation of the character, hands down. It's quite remenscient of Ryûsei Nakao...which is awesome, of course. I wonder what the plan is for when Freeza [xspoiler=In case LittleKuriboh doesn't know]transforms.[/xspoiler]

"Damn it, there is no muffin button!!"

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
This is currently better than like...Kai...No, seriously, I look forward to this more than that.

-"Zarbon, two or three more"
"Two or three more?"
"Two or three more."
^^Probably the speed of the delivery (like most of the other jokes) is what killed me there. Also, considering how camp Zarbon is now, I can't wait to see when he goes Monster Form.

-The way Mrs. Briefs is portrayed probably isn't too far off from what she was intended to be normally. :p

-LK Freeza really is the best English Freeza ever. This is what I would have wanted if they had, you know, A GUY!

"QUACK!"

ShazMyBot

Better than Shinshi's Wife
I loved TFS Episode 14. Possibly my favorite moments involved the introduction of the space duck. However, it's still unclear whether or not that this space duck will be good at hockey, but I have my hopes up that it will one day find the Golden Mask.

animalia555

^ Hey Shaz any hope of seing the ORIGNAL Patlabor OVA series abridged? Seeing as i takes place in the same universe as the Movies.

hendrixthecat

Fantastic work by everyone acting wise. It was a very funny episode, the delivery was very well done in alot of cases. Loved the cameos from Teh and Whip.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
I loved TFS Episode 14. Possibly my favorite moments involved the introduction of the space duck. However, it's still unclear whether or not that this space duck will be good at hockey, but I have my hopes up that it will one day find the Golden Mask.

Obscure 90s Disney cartoon references FTW.

Who knew the best English voices of Goku and Freeza would be from well... England.

SamTheGreek

Pontifex stultus sum
Probably the best episode of the season so far. Kaiser has really started to strike up a great tone this season. I've noticed that he is speeding through the fight scenes, and I think that helps a lot. I remember feeling that some of the fight scenes in season 1 dragged on a bit, and this new pace in season 2 is a big improvement. Also, Whip's cameo was pure win.

And by the way, if you guys haven't checked out Patlabor the Movie Abridged by GuttenWren, you really ought to. Funny stuff.
Like DBZ, they've really struck up a good tone. Even though some moments of the movie are bogged down with exposition, the lighthearted banter riddled throughout the dialogue keeps it fresh and entertaining.

Now that the pacings been brought up I honestly didn't expect this episode to cover what it did. I thought the cold opening would end with rescuing Dende, but I'm quite happy I was incorrect as the banter was quite hilarious. Next episode shall be fun...!!

MugiwaraMikey

Just saw episode 14 of DBZA. Pretty good episode, but it was weaker than the last. Maybe because this one lacked Vegeta? But still, it was better than episodes 11 and 12, though. I really liked the space duck joke, the kitchen/sandwich jokes, and the "both ways" joke. :p

ShazMyBot

Better than Shinshi's Wife
^ Hey Shaz any hope of seing the ORIGNAL Patlabor OVA series abridged? Seeing as i takes place in the same universe as the Movies.

Maybe we will, and maybe we won't.
Maybe we'll do the TV version, or maybe we'll do the OVA.
Or maybe we'll go an do the second movie before anything else.

It's alllllllllll up in the air right now. So, speculate as you see fit. :)

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
Really? IMO, LK's Freeza is essentially a camper Marik
Freeza in general is honestly a campier Marik...:p (or maybe vice versa?)
Oh, the past...

GingaDaiuchuu

After hearing Freeza in the Kai dub with the exact same old lady voice, it's great to hear LK give him by far his best English-language performance of all time. Everything about Freeza really stole the show this episode. I remember Kaiser saying there would a lot more cameos in the second season, and we're starting to see that, with TehExorcist and WhipOfAlchemy giving some nice minor performances.

Speaking of which... we get to hear her again in the premiere of the highly-anticipated Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Abridgerty. A promising start to this entry in the series. Unfortunately, Snake was my favorite part of the first installment, plus LQ is a dead ringer for David Hayter, but he also has a damn good Raiden voice, and I'm liking how this is turning out overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
I'm a bit behind the times; I just now watched YYHA 18. Pretty good episode all things considered-- Lani's a scary good impressionist and the Hank Hill voice worked well-- but I've got to say, I could actually feel the breeze on my face from jokes about how long it's been since the last episode jumping the shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts