"Avengers: Doomsday" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
An insider claims they're just going to write Kang out, no real explanation, assume the TVA dealt with him I guess... but then it seems the Avengers will travel the Multiverse and make it to Monica on Earth-100005 but that leads to an incursion.

And in a separate claim, there won't be a Battleworld but Doom will cause the greatest incursion possible, merging many universes into one and irreversibly collapsing the entire multiverse by sitting on Loki's throne.

And with grain of salt, another claim they're still trying to get Tom Cruise in as an Iron Man variant.
I kind of assumed Doom would just unceremoniously kill them all :p.

I wonder if the Avengers traveling to Earth-100005 gets us a bit of "Avengers vs X-Men" :ack:?

So kind of like a reverse of what happened at the end of Loki season 1. And also Doom kikcing Loki out :eek:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I kind of assumed Doom would just unceremoniously kill them all :p.

I wonder if the Avengers traveling to Earth-100005 gets us a bit of "Avengers vs X-Men" :ack:?

So kind of like a reverse of what happened at the end of Loki season 1. And also Doom kikcing Loki out :eek:.
If any of this is true, it would explain the reported Foxverse X-Men cameos that were rumored for some time including Jackman.

And hmm, wonder if the person... the only person with the power to sit on the throne and undo it all is... Scarlet Witch. But it's not a clean fix and it'll be that reported soft reboot with a few characters back from the dead but recast.

Frontier

Staff member
If any of this is true, it would explain the reported Foxverse X-Men cameos that were rumored for some time including Jackman.

And hmm, wonder if the person... the only person with the power to sit on the throne and undo it all is... Scarlet Witch. But it's not a clean fix and it'll be that reported soft reboot with a few characters back from the dead but recast.
In before Wanda goes "no more Multiverse" :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reportedly, "Ultimate End" another story used as inspiration. Rumors include the original plan was different teams fighting Kang variants while Star-Lord formed a version of the Annihilators and Doctor Strange's status as a hero and his actions doing more harm or good to the Multiverse would come up. Now, might see Avengers vs. X-Men. RDJ's Doom is not from the main MCU, will be a greater threat than Kang and even be a recurring thread after Secret Wars maybe even getting his own spin off.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Reportedly, "Ultimate End" another story used as inspiration. Rumors include the original plan was different teams fighting Kang variants while Star-Lord formed a version of the Annihilators and Doctor Strange's status as a hero and his actions doing more harm or good to the Multiverse would come up. Now, might see Avengers vs. X-Men. RDJ's Doom is not from the main MCU, will be a greater threat than Kang and even be a recurring thread after Secret Wars maybe even getting his own spin off.
Really hope they don't just get rid of Doom (They can recast tho) after Secret Wars so hope this is true

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Really hope they don't just get rid of Doom (They can recast tho) after Secret Wars so hope this is true
That struck me as odd. I don't see RDJ sticking around after Secret Wars and we'd see the main MCU Doom debut with a new actor in the likely F4 sequel in probably in 2027~2029. I mean sure, he came back for 2 movies so far but that's a far cry from saying he's back for the long term. Unless it's some weird thing that Secret Wars does end in a soft reboot and some variants get merged into one and RDJ remains the look of the main Doom or something... Idk. I'm also curious would we even know it's RDJ since Doom can't show his face <looks at past F4 movies> and his voice would be... It's funny, it's almost like early chatter on how they'd get Thanos to work, lol.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
That struck me as odd. I don't see RDJ sticking around after Secret Wars and we'd see the main MCU Doom debut with a new actor in the likely F4 sequel in probably in 2027~2029. I mean sure, he came back for 2 movies so far but that's a far cry from saying he's back for the long term. Unless it's some weird thing that Secret Wars does end in a soft reboot and some variants get merged into one and RDJ remains the look of the main Doom or something... Idk. I'm also curious would we even know it's RDJ since Doom can't show his face <looks at past F4 movies> and his voice would be... It's funny, it's almost like early chatter on how they'd get Thanos to work, lol.
Also found it interesting they supposedly want AvX like would they work that into Secret Wars or Doomsday? Because I don't want the pacing of those movies to be screwed up
In terms of Doom I truly believe that RDJ is a Tony variant and will get Victor Von Doom after Secret Wars

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Also found it interesting they supposedly want AvX like would they work that into Secret Wars or Doomsday? Because I don't want the pacing of those movies to be screwed up
In terms of Doom I truly believe that RDJ is a Tony variant and will get Victor Von Doom after Secret Wars
Yeah, I had this stray thought that maybe this is Tony variant that survived his Endgame but the Doom suit keeps him alive but sorta vindicated about his predictions (going further on his rant in Infinity War), he gets obsessed with protecting his Earth and goes Doom. And once he starts focusing on the Multiverse, figures out a way to end the threat of Incursions but it's morally gray, etc. I'm curious if RDJ's Doom or the later Doom will be using magic, too, like in the comics.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Yeah, I had this stray thought that maybe this is Tony variant that survived his Endgame but the Doom suit keeps him alive but sorta vindicated about his predictions (going further on his rant in Infinity War), he gets obsessed with protecting his Earth and goes Doom. And once he starts focusing on the Multiverse, figures out a way to end the threat of Incursions but it's morally gray, etc. I'm curious if RDJ's Doom or the later Doom will be using magic, too, like in the comics.
I can see RDJ's Doom being someone who isn't really evil but has a very twisted way of saving the multiverse by combining it into one and ruling over it (he would still be selfish) and not only using his tech but magic to create battle world. Heck maybe he killed his world's Avengers due to not seeing eye to eye. Having good attentions but goes about them in messed up ways. I really feel like there's actually a lot of strong ways for the Russos to do this and thankfully the community has kinda calmed down since SDCC and are actually seeing potential in this idea.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I can see RDJ's Doom being someone who isn't really evil but has a very twisted way of saving the multiverse by combining it into one and ruling over it (he would still be selfish) and not only using his tech but magic to create battle world. Heck maybe he killed his world's Avengers do this not seeing eye to eye. Having good attentions but goes about them in messed up ways. I really feel like there's actually a lot of strong ways for the Russos to do this and thankfully the community has kinda calmed down since SDCC and are actually seeing potential in this idea.
Yeah, the door is there for a Tony variant to go a little darker but still have good intentions. I mean, the main Tony cracked time travel. What this one will do with Incursions will probably be a flipped parallel to that.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Yeah, the door is there for a Tony variant to go a little darker but still have good intentions. I mean, the main Tony cracked time travel. What this one will do with Incursions will probably be a flipped parallel to that.
If anything though I don't want him to take off his mask. Maybe around the end of Doomsday Peter (assuming he is in it) ends up knocking the mask off his face and we see a very scarred almost unrecognizable RDJ (can be a pretty emotional scene) but for most of Doomsday/Secret Wars Let RDJ act in the mask really showing how good of an actor he is and convey emotions through his voice

Frontier

Staff member
I definitely think they're going to need a bigger and recognizable threat to pit the main Earth Heroes' up against (either Villain Variants or Variants of the X-Men).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I honestly doubt RDJ is an actual Victor Von Doom variant and feel like he's misdirecting us but if he is then... let's just see how things go
Yeah, I think these websites have misconstrued what RDJ was saying. I think RDJ is literally saying he googled Doctor Doom, then read up on him so logically his name Victor Von Doom would come up. Nowhere have they 100% confirmed the Doctor Doom RDJ is playing is Von Doom or Stark.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts