"Batman Ninja vs Yakuza League" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Warner Bros. posted the Anime Expo panel.

Two interesting notes from it are
-the movie starts 1 day after the ending of Batman Ninja, Batman discovers the JL are missing and the Yakuza rule the world, he is soon attacked by the Yakuza League
-at around the 16 min mark, screenwriter Kazuki Nakashima revealed, "At first, everyone thought Suicide Squad would be good, and I made a plot with them being Yakuza. But it was rejected, which made me depressed." (but then he and the team found out about the Suicide Squad Isekai show and understood and recalibrated and eventually landed on the JL)

After listening to it, it only now dawned on me, it's almost like a take on the Crime Syndicate but hypertimeline instead of multiverse as the backdrop and of course filtered through Japanese culture.

Frontier

Staff member
Warner Bros. posted the Anime Expo panel.

Two interesting notes from it are
-the movie starts 1 day after the ending of Batman Ninja, Batman discovers the JL are missing and the Yakuza rule the world, he is soon attacked by the Yakuza League
-at around the 16 min mark, screenwriter Kazuki Nakashima revealed, "At first, everyone thought Suicide Squad would be good, and I made a plot with them being Yakuza. But it was rejected, which made me depressed." (but then he and the team found out about the Suicide Squad Isekai show and understood and recalibrated and eventually landed on the JL)

After listening to it, it only now dawned on me, it's almost like a take on the Crime Syndicate but hypertimeline instead of multiverse as the backdrop and of course filtered through Japanese culture.
I wonder if there was something that happened with the shift from the Batman: Ninja world that transformed the Justice League :confused:?

The one time WB doesn't want to use the Suicide Squad because they already had their own anime :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if there was something that happened with the shift from the Batman: Ninja world that transformed the Justice League :confused:?
I guess the timeline did get messed up from Batman and co. and the villains being in feudal Japan. And in theory, Batman not being there in the present, created this hypertimeline.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts