Beavis And Butt-Head Relaunch on Paramount+ Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Got Paramount Plus in-between the down time, so yeah, binged the movie, this and season two. Fun times. Especially with the MMPR movie, and Gargoyles back even if in comic form. Almost like the 90s again.

1. I think I would have had this headcanon either way, but the BTS video and their reaction to it? Yeah I kind of imagine Beavis would be a My Little Pony fan, even hum the tune (You're welcome for me providing that thought) and Butthead would be a jerk about it.
Mike Judge's Beavis And Butt-Head "Virtual Stupidity

Virtual Stupidity:

This specific level of stupidity beggars belief a bit. I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time accepting it.

The videos were cool. I love Beavis saying that was dark and Butt-Head apologizing. The beat your meat song is funny too.

It also makes sense that Beavis hates firemen. I loved him saying you wouldn't believe what comes out of firehoses. And he concedes the fire department DID save his life four times so they can't be ALL bad.

But the framing story was too dumb, even for me. ***1/2.
2. I mean the episode is basically them eager to play Virtual Boy. Common sense was obviously going to take a backseat.

And I think I vaguely remember hearing about it, but yeah the title is shared with a B&B game from the 90s.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Got caught up on the new series in the last few months.

Best music video/YT video segments were about the guy who was turned off by his girlfriend's appetite for sex (enraging Beavis in the process), I Turn My Car into a Giant Chia Pet, and Gigi ASMR. And probably some others I'm forgetting.

Hard to pick a favorite main segment but I enjoyed most of them to varying extents. Only ones I didn't really care for were The Special One (just kinda boring, even if I did appreciate the change of pace), Virtual Stupidity (meh, Johnny English 3 did this better), Pranks and Sleepover (is it just me or is the "random couple mistake B&B's sociopathy for innocence" overdone in the new series?), Are You There, God? It's Me, Beavis (didn't do much for me) and Abduction (alien B&B are not my favorite of characters).

The Old Beavis & Butt-Head segments were mostly amusing- I especially liked the 12 Angry Men parody and the one where they accidentally get married to each other (why not? They're already basically an old married couple anyway).

Tom Anderson's War Stories was basically a variant of the same joke each time so I didn't really dig those.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts