"Big City Greens" News And Discussion Thread

TsWade2

Big City Greens has been nominated a Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for Best Cartoon: x.com But, before you guys go excited about it and hope that'll win a Kids Choice Award, don't get your hopes up! Because we all know Spongebob is going to win. The video is clever, but I'm afraid that's not going to change Kids Choice Awards worshipping Spongebob! That award show is rigged anyway.

glennbyrnes

Don't be too sure. Favorites have lost before. Besides, I think that some people are getting sick of Spongebob.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The movie was pretty fun. It really felt like the show they balanced the comedy, drama and story well. The songs were alright. It's a good movie to watch if you haven't watched the series it got the characters down well. It also showed that Bill and Cricket are two halves that need each other to balance each other out. Then again, I've always liked him so I mean that's my bias. Really liked Gloria and Nancy's role too, yeah I just realized I've never seen those two really hang out. I really enjoyed this movie.

Action!

The Big City Greens movie is the best one in the franchise. There were some good songs in the movie. 9/10. Easily one of the best Disney TV movies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The News Team's RoyalRubble has a new review on the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Review: “Big City Greens the Movie: Spacecation”: Family Fun, In Space!"​

bcgm03.jpg

"Disney’s Green family is blasting off into space for their first feature length animated movie, aptly titled Big City Greens the Movie: Spacecation. Continuing the adventures of the Greens from their series (currently in its fourth season, and recently renewed for a fifth season as well), the movie premiered last month of the Disney Channel and is now also available to stream on Disney+. The show’s creators, Chris and Shane Houghton also act as executive producers for the movie, alongside Michael Coughlin, and Anna O’Brian as director. The movie keeps in line with how wacky some of the Greens’ adventures can get, perhaps even more than in the series considering the fact they’re in outer space this time. There’s plenty of adventure, comedy, music and even some drama to be found here.

The story starts out innocently enough… the Greens are about to start their big family vacation. They’re all excited however Cricket’s (voiced by Chris Houghton) mood soon changes to disappointment when he realizes their dad Bill (Bob Joles) is taking them on the same sight seeing road trip they did the previous year. Gramma Alice (Artemis Pebdani) and sister Tilly (Marieve Herington) are fine with the idea but Cricket wants something new and exciting. While delivering more of their vegetables to the Big Tech company, they learn of CEO Gwendolyn Zapp’s (Cheri Oteri) new project, of using robots to farm an asteroid in outer space as well as opening up a space hotel. Cricket wishes this to be their new destination but they could never afford something like this. To add insult to injury, his rich friend Remy (Zeno Robinson) and his family are indeed going to the space hotel."

Read the full review here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts