Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
(Double post)

Another upload, and we get an ident for Calimero and a "Textless" Tout De Suite for Mike, Lu & Og.
Woooow. So the rumor about Mike Lu & Og being on Boomerang France turned out to be true? What da ya know?

First it was the English Wikipedia that had the "Broadcast information" section on the Mike Lu & Og page, which later got edited out because of it being "unsourced". Now, at least the France part is confirmed. I can't beleive it, but after all, the show also aired on Boomerang in Germany, Nordics, the Pan-European feed....

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Woooow. So the rumor about Mike Lu & Og being on Boomerang France turned out to be true? What da ya know?

First it was the English Wikipedia that had the "Broadcast information" section on the Mike Lu & Og page, which later got edited out because of it being "unsourced". Now, at least the France part is confirmed. I can't beleive it, but after all, the show also aired on Boomerang in Germany, Nordics, the Pan-European feed....
It appears Boomerang France did not use the AAP masters of Looney Tunes and instead used the 1995 Turner masters. I don't know if that has been confirmed in the past or not...

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
It appears Boomerang France did not use the AAP masters of Looney Tunes and instead used the 1995 Turner masters. I don't know if that has been confirmed in the past or not...
"Tom Turk and Daffy" is the 80s Cartoon Festival master, and you can hear the a.a.p. final part of the fanfare at the beginning

thetellyweb

TellyToon

I knew they had that show, as I recall curiously looking at the schedules in France, and at the time it had been running on early mornings, next to Droopy and Dripple.

As for Snoopy, I don't know when it left Boomerang UK, as I remember it still had a 2pm slot, after Garfield premiered, and then I guess it was gone before the rebrand.
The only thing they did still own the rights to afterwards was the Christmas special, which ran for a couple more years.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts