Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Santana434

The Scooby-Doo Show is coming back to Boomerang starting on July 30th. Damn… looks the Scooby-Doo show is airing on all three channels(CN, Boomerang and Me TV toons). I guess there is still life to boomerang after all, but ME TV Toons still wins so far variety wise, sadly not everyone has Me TV toons at their area you know… but I guess it is what it is so far.

Last edited:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
The main recent change is they have more Scooby seasons in circulation. The Scrappy seasons on weekend mornings now include the 7 minute shorts. I’ve been watching the Yabba season the last couple of weeks. I have never seen this season, and I can see why it has not aired in decades. There are so many jump the shark segments, like when Shaggy fools a visually impaired human girl into going on a date with Scooby because he accidentally booked dates with two girls at the same time. The angry brother in that segment is no villain, but Shaggy is! In a couple of weeks, they’re going back to the first season of seven minute shorts, which is another season that hasn’t aired in a very long time. Scrappy is also joining weekdays in a couple of weeks, starting with the first season and its full length episodes.

Markus Nelis

Why are you always asking this? Besides, the channel is on autopilot now.
It has been on autopilot many times before. Including the 2014 to 2015 period when the schedule was the same for at least half a year, if not more. Not a new thing. Even with MeTV Toons the same schedule won't last for long. It has especially been on autopilot all the time when it comes to on air presentation. Only thing they actually do is schedule changes which doesn't need a budget for a low tier channel like Boomerang.

wiley207

The main recent change is they have more Scooby seasons in circulation. The Scrappy seasons on weekend mornings now include the 7 minute shorts. I’ve been watching the Yabba season the last couple of weeks. I have never seen this season, and I can see why it has not aired in decades. There are so many jump the shark segments, like when Shaggy fools a visually impaired human girl into going on a date with Scooby because he accidentally booked dates with two girls at the same time. The angry brother in that segment is no villain, but Shaggy is! In a couple of weeks, they’re going back to the first season of seven minute shorts, which is another season that hasn’t aired in a very long time. Scrappy is also joining weekdays in a couple of weeks, starting with the first season and its full length episodes.
As of this year they've been slowly adding some more Looney Tunes shorts to their circulation. They're finally running "What's Opera, Doc" again!

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
if it getting the rebrand, me thinks its going to be cartoon network with the current one becoming adult swim
That wouldn’t really make sense though. To get rid of Cartoon Network by making ANOTHER Cartoon Network?

If Boomerang WERE to get a rebrand, I would think they’d go with just getting a new coat of paint for the bumpers.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad

It could be possible Boomerang might rebrand soon..?
I mean, who knows? It could be either A) new rebrand with a new logo or B) keep the current logo and just refresh the package that was similar to the international Boomerangs (which I think is the most likely).

Then again, they are just rumors. So, take it with a grain of salt.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

As I don't have my community tab from YouTube anymore to write on (for now), I willl tell you here some of the things I will do to keep you somehow up-to-date. Tonight, the film I will be watching is one that once again reminds me that Disney is still 100 and I can still celebrate.
I'm glad Teens Titans Go doesn't get much hate anymore, but the damage had been done when Christina Miller left CN in 2019. People should have given her a chance and she pushed a lot when it comes to the CN app.

awinger24 wrote on Goldstar!'s profile.
You were right and I was wrong. Whatever I was fearing about in the past was uncalled for. I do wish things get better in Hollywood soon.
@Moe: I like your current avatar. Big Rocko's Modern Life fan here.
#SaveWalpurgisnachtRising

Featured Posts