"Bugs Bunny Builders" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

awinger24

Admittedly, it seems unlikely that we'll see any of the human Looney Tunes characters on BBB. The population of Looneyberg seems to consist mainly of animals. However, there's been no official statement from Warner Bros. that Sam, Elmer or Granny definitely won't appear, and we're only about 18 episodes in, so you never know.
It might be a fun surprise. I just know that like with all WB projects, I should not expect every Looney Tunes character to appear since this is usually a decision on behalf of the creators/writers, and not as much on the executives since this is targeted for a preschool audience. Sam, Granny, and Elmer, I don’t see them fit within the show’s aesthetic.

awinger24

Cartoonito posted a Halloween themed Bugs Bunny Builders video. It’s an exclusive short confirmed by the show runner, Abe Audish.

Last edited:

Michael Hernandez

New short is premiering on November 28th, according to TV Passport.

"Bugs Bunny Boogie" - Bugs Bunny uses his excavator to dig.

The Christmas Special called "Looneyburg Lights" is premiering on December 5th.

The Looney Builders prepare to host a big holiday lights festival in Looneyburg Park when an unexpected snowstorm prevents Looneyburgers from attending.

awinger24

My thoughts on the recent batch of Bugs Bunny Builders episodes.

"Big Feet" - The Looney Builders build a watermill in the forest. Porky is scared of the mythical Big Feet, a nice play on Bigfoot. The lesson, never ever jump to conclusions. Nice dialogue moments, fun gags, but a simpler story. Good example on alternative energy. Fred Tatasciore once again as Gossamer. 4/5

"Squirreled Away" An important lesson on organization and how giving away some things to make room to play is beneficial. Running gag with Daffy with the Mr. Guacamole hand puppet. First time they created a new character from scratch. Pulley system is eye-catching too. 4/5

"Beach Battle" - This one focuses on Tweety and there are no hard hats. The Looney Crew enter a sandcastle contest. Tweety loses confidence in his design he borrows elements from competitors. He learns to believe himself and ends up with a great castle he came up with on his own. This episode ends with a song. 3.5/5

"Game Time" - Daffy gets distracted at his handheld water game when the Builders construct a burger restaurant. The building scenes were fun. Daffy learns to focus at one thing a a time, and eventually, he pitches his idea. More character appearances too including Hector the Bulldog voiced by Frank Todaro, Mugman from Cuphead. 4/5

“Soup Up” - Petunia Pig gets the spotlight as the Looney Builders construct a greenhouse. When speeding up the process, it creates all sorts of comedic antics. Petunia learns that patience is a virtue, growing a garden or a greenhouse takes time. 4.5/5

awinger24

Keeping track, Tweety has 6 episodes focused on him, 5 for Daffy, 4 for Lola, 4 for Porky, and 2 for Bugs. And I can see why there are a lot of Tweety episodes as the show was in production before his 80th birthday and I think marketing sees him popular with preschoolers.

Overall, Bugs Bunny Builders while following its formula and format very well, it is still an engaging show that makes a great entry point into the Looney Tunes franchise. Even grownups who love the characters can find it fun and amusing (plus there are a ton of Looney Tunes Easter eggs super fans can spot.)

April 17th - “Blast Off”, “K-9 Space Puppy”, “Cousin Billy”, “Cheddar Days” and “Taz Recycle”. Marvin the Martian appears in two episodes. Daffy gets the focus in K-9 Space Puppy and Cousin Billy (Daffy has a cousin written for the show), Sylvester misses his catnap in Cheddar Days and he can’t think of the perfect mural. And the Builders make Taz his own vehicle and he struggles with using it.

June - “Sea School”, “Underwater Star”, “Party Boat”, “Mail Whale”, “Bright Light”. These are some fun episodes. The Builders go to the ocean floor and learn to go with the flow. Lola gets sidetracked, Tweety does not ask for help, we have a whale character delivering mail on land (plus Petunia Pig shines in this episode with the Builders), and the Builders build a lighthouse without Lola’s tablet.

August/September - “Mini Golf”, “Goofballs”, “Skate Park”, “Batty Kathy”, “Honey Bunny”.

Lots of good lessons in this batch. Porky learns to meet in the middle when making a new putt putt hole, the Builders goof around when building a log cabin, and the Builders teach the kids about compromising when another group wants to use their spot, Porky learns to speak up when building an upside down radio studio, and Bugs gets his moment when he and the Builders get carried away and don’t wait after being amazed by the taste of honey.

I did not expect the crew to remember that Daffy has a beauty license from The Looney Tunes Show. More mythology gags I spotted are ACME Acres, the Merrie Melodies River, and the fact the gophers own a yacht from Rabbit’s Run.

Again, it is a cute show and it benefits through its story driven format. And when Season 2 hopefully comes around, it will get more creative with the builds and character library.

awinger24

Bugs Bunny Builders Season 1G will stream on Max, November 28th.

More new episodes are on the way. It may be one Holiday themed episode (Season 1C is Looneyburg Lights), or a new batch of 5 episodes.

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Anything to do with Bugs Bunny and company always makes me feel really good. And really going from kids to now having kids or in my case, nephews and nieces of my own, Bugs Bunny is here to stay forever.

awinger24

Bugs Bunny Builders Season 1G will stream on Max, November 28th.

More new episodes are on the way. It may be one Holiday themed episode (Season 1C is Looneyburg Lights), or a new batch of 5 episodes.
TV Passport listed two new episodes but no plot details.

"Catwalk"
"Crane Game"

awinger24

The next batch of Bugs Bunny Builders episodes will take the Looney Builders around the world. In fact, these episodes were produced as part of a promotional stunt Cartoonito wanted. So here are the episode titles that will air during “World Tour” week. And this is also the Season 1 finale as Season 2 is on the way. The titles were revealed on Zap2It and TV Insider. What is surprising is that the plot synopses are revealed on a German TV site called TVInfo.de. It also reveals the cities and countries the Builders will go to.)

Suchergebnisse im Fernsehprogramm von TVinfo - sehen was läuft - Ihr TV Programm

11/27 - “Castle Hassle” (London, England)
11/28 - “Catwalk” (Paris, France)
11/29 - “Dim Sum” (China)
11/30 - “Crane Game” (Japan)
12/1 - “Speedy” (Mexico)

A crew member said “Tell everyone to watch so there is a Season 2”. It is in the works but your viewership counts so the episodes do not end up shelved in the vault. (And what has happened to Coyote v. ACME got some national attention).

The biggest surprise to Looney Tunes fans is that for the first time since Space Jam: A New Legacy, Speedy Gonzales is going to appear. And for the first time in 11 years since her last on screen appearance in 2012 (March 2022 if you count the DC Comics line) is Penelope Pussycat. She is gonna be in the “Catwalk” episode with a possible speaking role for the first time since Carrotblanca.

All these episodes will air on Cartoon Network at 8:45am Eastern/Pacific. And on Max as Season 1G on November 28th.

Pooky

Staff member
Ironically "Castle Hassle” wouldn't really scan in London, where most people pronounce Castle "Car-sol".

awinger24

Cartoonito on TikTok

Cartoonito posted this clip of “Catwalk” on TikTok back in October. I am honestly very excited that Penelope Pussycat is being used again. As a fan, I personally forgive WB. I thought she was off limits after the studio decided to shelve Pepé Le Pew two years ago before Space Jam: A New Legacy was released. Now that I am over it, it is nice to see her on screen. In fact, this is probably her first major role since Carrotblanca.

awinger24

Saw the new episodes. Loved "Catwalk", "Dim Sum", and "Speedy".

The World Tour episodes were a great way to close off the season. Season 2 should be on the way soon.

And I am a little bummed they did not give Pepé a small cameo since the Looney Builders went to France. I am guessing the character was still restricted from being used when the episode was in production. Still, it is nice that Penelope got a solo role this time around. And once again, Speedy is back in the spotlight again.

My overall review of Season 1. Even though it is aimed for a younger audience, the Easter Eggs and nods to classic shorts are sure to delight fans of any age. My only criticism was that they did not give enough episodes focusing on Bugs besides just three. A majority are either on Daffy, Lola, and most of all Tweety. I can see that Tweety is popular to younger viewers and is more easy to connect with its target audience, so I can see why he got a lot of attention especially since his 80th birthday was coming up while the show was in production.

The addition of new characters, even gender flipping some is not going to be noticeable to first time viewers. It's passable as opposed to how the strategy was done on Jellystone (when some of the characters' personalities are completely altered for the sake of the reboot).

I like the episodes where they focus on Bugs, Daffy, and some of my other favorites like Wile E. Coyote, Marvin the Martian, and one of my new favorites, Petunia Pig.

That's pretty much it. Definitely a solid show and on the higher end compared to your other standard run-of-the-mill children's programming. As with Looney Tunes, the show has its own identity.

Anyways, I saw the new Season 2 episode titles on EIDR and there are plenty to speculate about until the episodes premiere. And I would like to see some small adjustments where it can be even better than the first season.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
And I am a little bummed they did not give Pepé a small cameo since the Looney Builders went to France. I am guessing the character was still banned from being used when the episode was in production. Still, it is nice that Penelope got a solo role this time around.

This show's take on Penelope reminds me of Fifi LaFume from Tiny Toons, so I'd be OK with this being her default portrayal going forward. Yeah, a cameo from Pepe would've been nice (I still say the spy Pepe schtick could've worked but with with Penelope instead of Kitty Dupree), but if we're only going to get Penelope for the foreseeable future, I'm OK with that too.
And once again, Speedy is back in the spotlight again.

Speedy's been featured fairly prominently since The Looney Tunes Show; the only exception was Pete Browngardt's Looney Tunes Cartoons. Browngardt said his team wouldn't be using the character, although no reason was given for why.
The addition of new characters, even gender flipping some is not going to be noticeable to first time viewers. It's passable as opposed to how the strategy was done on Jellystone (when some of the characters' personalities are completely altered for the sake of the reboot).

I'm going to come in defense of the Jellystone! gender flips: they don't bother me personally because a) C.H. Greenblatt stated coming in that J! was meant to be a love letter to Hanna-Barbera, not a nostalgia trip, and b) several of the female takes on those characters are just as good, if not better, than the original male ones. But as with Bugs Bunny Builders, little kids who aren't familiar with these characters or their history aren't going to know or care.

Goldstar!

All right-y!
awinger24 said:

Funny, the gender swapped characters on Jellystone didn't (and still don't) bother me in the slightest, and I'm old enough to have seen those old Hanna-Barbera cartoons in syndication as a kid and on basic cable as a teenager. The main thing that I dislike about J! is that the producers turned the Banana Splits into generic criminals. Also, Jellystone isn't a reboot; it's more of an alternate universe kind of thing.

Regarding Speedy Gonzales, the character was only temporarily sidelined in the 1990s because Warner Bros. was worried that he was seen as an ethnic stereotype (hence why Speedy only made a single appearance in Tiny Toons Adventures). However, Latino fans made it clear that they weren't/aren't even slightly offended by Speedy, so he was un-retired.

Last edited:

awinger24

This show's take on Penelope reminds me of Fifi LaFume from Tiny Toons, so I'd be OK with this being her default portrayal going forward. Yeah, a cameo from Pepe would've been nice (I still say the spy Pepe schtick could've worked but with with Penelope instead of Kitty Dupree), but if we're only going to get Penelope for the foreseeable future, I'm OK with that too.

Speedy's been featured fairly prominently since The Looney Tunes Show; the only exception was Pete Browngardt's Looney Tunes Cartoons. Browngardt said his team wouldn't be using the character, although no reason was given for why.

I'm going to come in defense of the Jellystone! gender flips: they don't bother me personally because a) C.H. Greenblatt stated coming in that J! was meant to be a love letter to Hanna-Barbera, not a nostalgia trip, and b) several of the female takes on those characters are just as good, if not better, than the original male ones. But as with Bugs Bunny Builders, little kids who aren't familiar with these characters or their history aren't going to know or care.
And I’m alright if Penelope is going to fulfull Pepé Le Pew’s slot for the time being if they want to fully give him a revamp. I’m only saying this because the episode was storyboarded under previous management. During a flyby shot, they used a French poodle which is more culturally accurate. If they were to use him, he could have an occupation in Looneyburg but completely toned down with his romantic pursuits no longer a thing for him. (I can headcanon they are testing the waters putting the cart before the horse.). And I think Penelope’s glamorous personality definitely fits for the Looney Tunes more than Lola Bunny’s ace chef role in Tiny Toons. It is a lot more wholesome in my opinion.

Speedy had been limited to one appearance in New Looney Tunes and he had a minor role in Space Jam: A New Legacy. Why he wasn’t in LTC is still unknown but I think his old shorts may be considered culturally insensitive when you have characters like Slowpoke Rodriguez and the creators did not want to risk anything.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Here are my thoughts:

Sorry, but I legit don't care that much about Pepe LePew. I get that this is one of your causes, but it just doesn't matter to me. If WB decides they want to to use him again, then cool, but the Earth isn't going to spin off its axis if they don't. I just can't bring myself to be overly concerned about this and I don't get why you are.

Regarding Speedy: I don't think his sporadic appearances have anything to do with controversy, I don't think there's that much to his character outside of running fast and being lively. He's never been on the same tier as Bugs, Daffy, Porky etc. There's no big conspiracy or controversy behind it. All of the Looney Tunes characters don't have equal status or notoriety, period.

As for Lola: I'm on team Looney Lola. Always have been, always will be. The perfect take on her character was on The Looney Tunes Show, with the New Looney Tunes version at a close second. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Goldstar!

All right-y!
awinger24 said:
Speedy had been limited to one appearance in New Looney Tunes and he had a minor role in Space Jam: A New Legacy. Why he wasn’t in LTC is still unknown but I think his old shorts may be considered culturally insensitive when you have characters like Slowpoke Rodriguez and the creators did not want to risk anything.

I very much doubt that's the case. Like I said before, no one found Speedy to be in any way culturally offensive. If anything, it was the opposite. Latin viewers loved Speedy.

All characters aren't created equal. Every Looney Tunes character isn't A-List. They're not all going to get the same treatment as Bugs and Daffy. It's just not going to happen. You may not like it, but that's just how it is. The studios cast these characters as to who they perceive as favorites and non-favorites.

Silverstar said:
As for Lola: I'm on team Looney Lola. Always have been, always will be. The perfect take on her character was on The Looney Tunes Show. 'Nuff said.

I'm with that. I liked the New Looney Tunes take on Lola (despite her only appearing in 2 shorts and 1 cameo), but the Lola from The Looney Tunes Show remains my favorite take on the character. Looney Lola is best Lola. This isn't up for debate.

awinger24

I completely get that. I understand the studio has a responsibility not only to make sure the Looney Tunes are profitable but also appropriate for its target audience. And like you said, it is creator’s preference. (Part of me doesn’t like how they made Pepé Le Pew a meta punching bag in the Animaniacs reboot where him being “erased” felt too forced (hoping this isn’t his funeral). I wish they did not went too far to the point they digitally removed him from one random short, and I think eventually, he should be retooled just like his other co-stars over the years, and I think it is going to happen eventually. I’ll be alright if Penelope is taking his place indefinitely.) Besides this, I like that these recent spin-offs are giving more underutilized characters some much needed screen time and part of the show’s world. I feel like removing a significant part of your brand’s history for the sake of brownie points just feels unfair when there are other people that love the brand.

I am more concerned with how the Tunes will be treated going forward after Space Jam: A New Legacy.

When it comes to Bugs Bunny Builders, Tiny Toons Looniversity or whatever spin-off they plan next, these characters must be treated with a lot of respect even if it means altering them for modern times.

Anyways, the Season 2 episodes titles that I have seen should draw some interest and many are up for speculation. Moving forward, I just like to enjoy what is there now and not dwindle on anything that seems unimportant right now.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts