C&C - Parasyte - "Freezing Point" [12/5]

Megumi

★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
Hey I doubt you would sound Alpha if you got punched by a Parasyte

I would be crying too. And I'd expect you all to be laughing at me when you guys found out I was all better.

I think we can all agree that this is the best show premiering on the block.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Shinichi is clearly losing his humanity, or has already lost quite a bit of his sense of compassion. He's been so emotional since the series began, so seeing him act so cold and robotic was a harsh contrast. His father just drinking all day was sad, but understandable given what he went through. Shinichi suggesting getting a in-house maid to help out was more insensitive than cold per say since he was trying to help, but it was still a pretty bad way of saying it and definitely not the right time to bring an idea like that up to his grieving father.

This show must not like dogs given that this was the second dead dog. As I mentioned before, I don't want to see dead dogs, so that scene was unsettling. While Shinichi had enough compassion to have the dog die in his arms as opposed to the streets and he did want to save it, throwing the body in the trash was just horrible. That was the point obviously, but it really contradicted with how Shinichi had treated the dog earlier. It showed just how different he is after Migi healed him. He is too calm, collected and robotic to be emotional or compassion like he was. At least he did bury the poor dog, but man, that was just icy cold.

The new transfer student was a bit interesting with how he was sent by Ryoko, who was more pregnant than I thought she'd be. I also didn't realize something until this episode. Pretty much every female character in this series like Shinichi. There's Satomi, the other two girls in Shinichi's class, the schoolgirl that Shinichi met during his trip and now the girl who can sense parasites but think it means that she can sense her soulmate. Having one or two love interests is fine, but it just seems weird that nearly every female character has some kind of crush on Shinichi. At least Shinichi has a generally likable personality, so it doesn't come off as a wish-fulfillment harem kind of setup, especially when he seems to only be interested in Satomi and I don't think that people would want to put themselves in Shinichi's place, but it seems really weird to me.

It was interesting that despite not being as emotional as before, Shinichi could still express anger more so than sadness or compassion. That might be due to how he was focused on getting revenge for his mother after Migi healed him. The transfer student was obviously lying about not eating people, so I wonder how that will be handled in the future. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Scrappy-Fan92

Grieving fathers and animal funerals, what a downer. I'm wondering just what exactly Migi's "surgery" did to Shinichi. And now that you mention it, Light Lucario, it is strange how many girls like Shinichi. I didn't notice because the show's been so good up to this point but under different circumstances this show could have been more harem-ish.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts