Cartoon Network Hiatuses (We Baby Bears and Bugs Bunny Builders)

awinger24

Bugs Bunny Builders and We Baby Bears have been on hiatus for a very long time. Could it mean that they can be cancelled prematurely? Episodes just sitting on a shelf and never airing in the United States? New episodes were supposed to air on Cartoon Network and on Max but it ended up never happening. These episodes are already airing internationally.

It’s too early to tell but when a network does this, it could mean that these shows are in serious trouble. They are also not streaming on Max either. Bugs Bunny Builders hasn’t aired a new episode since March 2024 while We Baby Bears is on hiatus for over a year.

Markus Nelis

They will finish on CN US eventually. It has happened before when episodes of shows have aired internationally first. I can name a lot of them but here's a few: Clarence, Mighty Magiswords and Ben 10 reboot come to mind.

JMTV

Tater Tot!
I can't speak on Bugs Bunny Builders, but for We Baby Bears, I still don't understand why CN has to hold off to this show for over a year, especially CN in other countries already aired the remaining Season 2 episodes that has yet to air here. Maybe it'll come to the US at some point like in the Fall, but who knows.

Stumpos

I can't speak on Bugs Bunny Builders, but for We Baby Bears, I still don't understand why CN has to hold off to this show for over a year, especially CN in other countries already aired the remaining Season 2 episodes that has yet to air here. Maybe it'll come to the US at some point like in the Fall, but who knows.
Guessing they're trying to stretch out the second and likely final season to cover up the hard reality that they're running out of new episodes of original shows to air. Craig of the Creek is ending and Prince Ivandoe only has 8 episodes left in its first season (with no season 2 confirmed), once all three finish their final episodes, there won't be any CN originals airing new episodes anymore.

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Guessing they're trying to stretch out the second and likely final season to cover up the hard reality that they're running out of new episodes of original shows to air.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
Craig of the Creek is ending and Prince Ivandoe only has 8 episodes left in its first season (with no season 2 confirmed), once all three finish their final episodes, there won't be any CN originals airing new episodes anymore.
Not to sound pessimistic, but if Craig of the Creek, Prince Ivandoe, and We Baby Bears finish their runs, I wouldn't be surprised if CN stopped producing original shows and start focusing on making shows that were based off of pre-existing IPs.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if WBD stray away from kids and family animation altogether, and focus more on adult animation, if you wanna go that far. Because hey, kids are not watching cable anymore, they rarely watch cartoons on streaming, and I don't think Zaslav can do to fix that.

Markus Nelis

We Baby Bears appears to be returning 9/9 with weekday premieres. Not on the schedule yet, so unsure about the time. So yeah, no need to worry about it anymore. But this seems like they're burning off the rest of the show quickly. Wouldn't be surprising if there will be a series finale of it very soon.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

I have no idea what's going on with CN and them delaying so many premieres. The Total Drama reboot for example had to wait more than a YEAR for it to air in the US, other countries have not only finished airing season 1 by now, they've also finished the second season too, which we still don't know when will air in the US. TTG barely aired any new eps this entire year, we still don't know when the new Totally Spies season will air either. Craig of the Creek's final 4 episodes are now pulled, but they accidentally leaked the episodes online anyway so what's the point of still not releasing them.

The channel is now airing a promo of We Baby Bears and Craig of the Creek, but they don't mention new episodes in either of them. They're just filler because they have nothing else to promote aside from Jellystone premieres, but God at least promote reruns then. What's also weird is that We Baby Bears was featured in their summer promo, which makes no sense since the show didn't air a single rerun this entire summer. What's going on.

Markus Nelis

Alright. I'll believe it when I see it.
Episode titles are also available. They've done weekday bombs before so I think this info is reliable. I think it will be airing at 4p.
1724533194914.png

JMTV

Tater Tot!
I have no idea what's going on with CN and them delaying so many premieres. The Total Drama reboot for example had to wait more than a YEAR for it to air in the US, other countries have not only finished airing season 1 by now, they've also finished the second season too, which we still don't know when will air in the US. TTG barely aired any new eps this entire year, we still don't know when the new Totally Spies season will air either. Craig of the Creek's final 4 episodes are now pulled, but they accidentally leaked the episodes online anyway so what's the point of still not releasing them.

. What's going on?
To be honest, I have no idea what is going on either. Good for the viewers in other countries who are able to watch new episodes in the their country before we do, but Jesus effin' Christ man....

Now I understand that having new episodes airing in other countries before the US is not really a new practice, and I'm sure it'll come to the US at some point, but this starting to get a lot more tedious than it already is.

Stumpos

Best guess I have for why they keep delaying stuff is to cover up how low they're running on new content by stretching out premieres for as long as possible. Looking at what's left now:

• Teen Titans Go: Likely about 20 episodes left in the current season and a ninth season (supposed to be released this year but obviously that ain't happening)
  • Total Drama: Second reboot season of 13 episodes, unknown if there'll be more
  • Craig of the Creek: 4 episodes left
  • Prince Ivandoe: 8 episode left, no season 2 confirmed in the works
  • We Baby Bears: 8 episodes left in season 2, no season 3 in the works
  • Tiny Toons Looniversity: 5 episodes left in season 2 but likely to be released on Max first like always and no season 3 confirmed
  • Bugs Bunny Builders: Likely about 35 episodes left in season 2, no season 3 confirmed
  • Batwheels: Likely about 39 episodes left in season 2 but likely to be released on Max first like always, no season 3 confirmed

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Best guess I have for why they keep delaying stuff is to cover up how low they're running on new content by stretching out premieres for as long as possible. Looking at what's left now:

• Teen Titans Go: Likely about 20 episodes left in the current season and a ninth season (supposed to be released this year but obviously that ain't happening)
  • Batwheels: Likely about 39 episodes left in season 2 but likely to be released on Max first like always, no season 3 confirmed
TTG, yes 20 left if it's a standard order of 52 for season 8. This coming Friday will mark 5 months since the newest episode. That's gotta be a record. CN said the plan is to air the 400th episode in the fall so presumably next month or October...

It was just revealed new Batwheels episode are dropping on Max on September 21 which implies a pattern of 5 new episodes every 4 months. The last gap between it streaming first then debuting on TV was 3 weeks so these new episodes will likely air around October 11. Season 1 was 40 episodes and only 10 from Season 2 have aired so there's probably another 30 left. If they keep that up, they'd keep season 2 going until next year in September.

awinger24

TTG, yes 20 left if it's a standard order of 52 for season 8. This coming Friday will mark 5 months since the newest episode. That's gotta be a record. CN said the plan is to air the 400th episode in the fall so presumably next month or October...

It was just revealed new Batwheels episode are dropping on Max on September 21 which implies a pattern of 5 new episodes every 4 months. The last gap between it streaming first then debuting on TV was 3 weeks so these new episodes will likely air around October 11. Season 1 was 40 episodes and only 10 from Season 2 have aired so there's probably another 30 left. If they keep that up, they'd keep season 2 going until next year in September.
On the other hand, Bugs Bunny Builders is now a 6-7 month gap between new episodes. If the new episodes aired in August as planned, it would have been 5 months. Sadly, it can’t be said for We Baby Bears.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts