Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!

Idk if this is real, but if it is, then we've got a new rebrand! That probably means that CN EMEA will skip Redraw Your World.
Also, there was this new epilepsy warning and I don't think anybody thought it's a new rebrand.
Are we actually gonna skip RYW?

narq

Are we actually gonna skip RYW?
It is possible, but this could also be a US only branding and EMEA might still rebrand to Redraw Your World, or even worse, stay with Dimensional since rn RDYW is just a campaign and maybe it will just stay like that till the next global rebrand. It just wouldn't really make sense to me if they would rebrand like 5 months after the campaign started.

Francisque

It is possible, but this could also be a US only branding and EMEA might still rebrand to Redraw Your World, or even worse, stay with Dimensional since rn RDYW is just a campaign and maybe it will just stay like that till the next global rebrand. It just wouldn't really make sense to me if they would rebrand like 5 months after the campaign started.
That's too negative-thinking lol

I'd say it's more than possible "newer" WBD wants something global, like on their other channels (?)

RegularCapital

Staff member
EMEA is always going to be 12+ months behind in terms of branding no matter what CN USA does, as far as we know, CN France has admitted that they're working on the rebrand package but couldn't say a date. EMEA or APAC doesn't necessarily get every package either.

There needs to be better co-ordination.

Last edited:

Francisque

EMEA is always going to be 12+ months behind in terms of branding no matter what CN USA does, as far we know, the CN France has admitted that they're working on the rebrand package but couldn't say a date. EMEA or APAC don't necessarily get every package either.

There needs to be better co-ordination.
Not necessarily, everything could change, especially if the US team once for all decides there needs to be global coordination, which has been lacking

J10

I would expect Latin America to rebrand as well.
They won’t rebrand until late 2023, and they will still use the current ones. Canada could rebrand to new ones before EMEA and Latin America or after one another.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Not necessarily, everything could change, especially if the US team once for all decides there needs to be global coordination, which has been lacking

In the same way that Redraw Your World was supposed to be a global rebrand? :D

APAC and LatAm quickly followed suit, it's just EMEA that's behind. LatAM's presentation is in Spanish and Portuguese, APAC's visual presentation is mostly in English.

EMEA has several languages (I know that quite a lot will be textless though), and each country/sub-region has its own style of presentation.

Last edited:

Francisque

In the same way that Redraw Your World was supposed to be a global rebrand? :D

APAC and LatAm quickly followed suit, it's just EMEA that's behind. LatAM's presentation is in Spanish and Portuguese, APAC's visual presentation is mostly in English.

EMEA has several languages (I know that quite a lot will be textless though), and each country/sub-region has its own style of presentation.
But do you remember 2010? That was pretty quick... Anything can happen, really.

Especially if a coordinated global rebreand is being planned behind the scenes

Francisque

EMEA was quick, but APAC and LatAM (which only just got Toonix) had to wait.
Yes; although probably I wouldn't be surprised WBD are under this new rebrand.

None of the other Discovery channels vary that much internationally, why CN should?
Other brands manage global rebrands better... Discovery, MTV, Eurosport... Even Disney and Nick Id say. CN really has issues since City era ended.
Partly with Checkerboard (2010) things seemed to be stable, but yeah, Warner/Turner have been a mess.

Now it's 2022, you can't get things so unstable WBD!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
It looks very similar to current Disney Channel EMEA branding. I really dislike that majority of channels these days look similar using similar style or colors.

Francisque

I don't think it looks THAT similar, colours are totally different (these look like a nice mixture of pastels), and it's too early to tell, there are more elements of the branding popping up soon , probably launching next month .

and brandings come in fashion, like everything else.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I mean yeah, but in the 90s despite limited technology you could quite clearly tell what channel is what. These days you have similar looks because one is doing something and others copy to monetize on it since its easier than to come up with something risky and unique. These days its about unification in excess amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts