Cartoon Network's (Upcoming) 30th Anniversary

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
Well that's that. Probably the last time most of these shows will air on TV in the US.

Feels kinda like a goodbye.
Kids Next Door, Foster's, and Chowder still air on Boomerang every weeknight (to anyone who still gets the channel) and Courage is still sticking around at least for the next month for Scoobtober (Teen Titans appears to be gone from the weekend lineup though looking at the next two weekend schedules).

But, you're more or less right.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The 30th anniversary live stream is still going on Youtube:

I wonder how long it'll stream for?

EDIT: Is this the exact same broadcast that aired on cable? It appears to be repeating block approx. 10 to 12 hours in length.

Last edited:

Toonhead2002Ultra

Kids Next Door, Foster's, and Chowder still air on Boomerang every weeknight (to anyone who still gets the channel) and Courage is still sticking around at least for the next month for Scoobtober (Teen Titans appears to be gone from the weekend lineup though looking at the next two weekend schedules).

But, you're more or less right.
Boomerang could rotate out their current classics for other ones eventually tbf.

Sam the Cartoonist

Happy 30th anniversary Cartoon Network! I tuned in to the livestream about 4 hours ago since I was too busy of school assignments earlier, and I'm surprised it's still going since I assumed it would only be a day-long thing. Glad to see CN care for its older viewers!

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I liked the livestream and loved seeing the City bumpers air again, though I wish some Powerhouse bumpers could've been there as well.
Some of the songs seen in between episodes were from the Powerhouse era (like "Signal in the Sky", the Powerpuff Girls song that aired all the time around 2000/2001).

That brought back some memories....

Toonhead2002Ultra

While this anniversary was solid, one thing that I feel it definitely did weaker than the 20th was the bumpers. While the ones for the 20th were newly created by the people at primal screen, the 30th's were just clips of CN's old and new shows, along with old CN bumps from powerhouse and city which were used on the livestream. I bet they even put more effort into the one bumper we got for the 25th anniversary than they did for new bumpers this year.

parkersfan89

While this anniversary was solid, one thing that I feel it definitely did weaker than the 20th was the bumpers. While the ones for the 20th were newly created by the people at primal screen, the 30th's were just clips of CN's old and new shows, along with old CN bumps from powerhouse and city which were used on the livestream. I bet they even put more effort into the one bumper we got for the 25th anniversary than they did for new bumpers this year.
the 30th anniversary was ok, but they didn't put hella effort like they did back in 2012 for the 20th anniversary. plus they didn't even bring back other shows like johnny bravo, MAD, generator rex, time squad, sheep in the big city, mike, lu, & og, etc for the 30th, which sucks. but, let's see what happens for the 35th or 40th anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toonhead2002Ultra

the 30th anniversary was ok, but they didn't put hella effort like they did back in 2012 for the 20th anniversary. plus they didn't even bring back other johnny bravo, MAD, generator rex, time squad, sheep in the big city, mike, lu, & og, etc for the 30th, which sucks. but, let's what happens for the 35th or 40th anniversary.
I think they didn't air a lot of those shows because they had to appeal to kids and normos along with CN diehards, so they aired more iconic shows. We did have a handful of more obscure stuff though. Cow and Chicken and Villainous were apart of their live-stream.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
plus they didn't even bring back other johnny bravo, MAD, generator rex, time squad, sheep in the big city, mike, lu, & og, etc for the 30th, which sucks. but, let's what happens for the 35th or 40th anniversary.

Then they'll have to share "look back" nostalgia time with whatever premieres over the next 5 to 10 years. I watched the live stream a couple days ago, and I was like "Why is 'Craig of the Creek' and 'Teen Titans Go' on here again?!?"

Don't look for "Time Squad" and "Sheep in the Big City" to show up, instead look for "Unicorn: Warriors Eternal" and "Tiny Toons Looniversity" to show up for the 35th anniversary.

Because as long as they toss in Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls, they think they've done enough.

EDIT: In retrospect, with it being a rotating 4 hour block, it's just....too little. They had enough material for a 12 hour broadcast block. Maybe we should come up with our own 12 hour nostalgia block.

Toonhead2002Ultra

Then they'll have to share "look back" nostalgia time with whatever premieres over the next 5 to 10 years. I watched the live stream a couple days ago, and I was like "Why is 'Craig of the Creek' and 'Teen Titans Go' on here again?!?"
Well they air on the network all the time nowadays so they're definitely apart of CN's history even if they aren't classics.
Don't look for "Time Squad" and "Sheep in the Big City" to show up, instead look for "Unicorn: Warriors Eternal" and "Tiny Toons Looniversity" to show up for the 35th anniversary.
I wouldn't mind that. By 2027 neither of these shows would air on the network for at least 22 years.
Because as long as they toss in Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls, they think they've done enough.
Realistically they did way more than that though. They even had Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo in their live-stream. Still bummed out about Camp Lazlo though.
EDIT: In retrospect, with it being a rotating 4 hour block, it's just....too little. They had enough material for a 12 hour broadcast block. Maybe we should come up with our own 12 hour nostalgia block.
I think it seems closer to 6 hours, and 26 shows is still a ton of shows in its own right. If it lasted 12 hours it probably would've been better though. They could've added shows from the running montage such as Batman: TAS, I Am Weasel, Camp Lazlo, Gym Partner, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, Apple & Onion, Uncle Grandpa, Young Justice, Total Drama Island, and many of the shows they kicked off HBO Max.

parkersfan89

time squad & sheep in the big city are part of CN history! really don't get why CN won't air said shows. the last they aired them was YEARS AGO!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts