Cartoon Network's (Upcoming) 30th Anniversary

Toonhead2002Ultra

I wish they had more than just one episode per show.
Dexter has two episodes, and this does make it so you have a lot of shows in a shorter period of time. Some shows like PPG, Kids Next Door, and Steven Universe are also represented by half hour specials. Some exceptions I'd have would be Tom and Jerry so we could get a short from the Hannah Barbera or orginal era, instead of just the Chuck Jones era, and Looney Tunes so we could get a short with more characters than just Daffy and Bugs.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Some of the episode choices seem pretty random, like Ed, Edd n' Eddy's. "My Fair Ed" is a very good episode, but I don't see it mentioned as much as "One Plus One Equals Ed" or "My Fair Ed" (my personal choice). That, and choosing a Jones-era Tom and Jerry seems like a mistake.

Anyway, I hope that the livestream is posted as one giant YouTube video soon. I want to see it in full, but don't really have the time to put on the full stream. This way I can watch it in bits and not worry about losing my place.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Some of the episode choices seem pretty random, like Ed, Edd n' Eddy's. "My Fair Ed" is a very good episode, but I don't see it mentioned as much as "One Plus One Equals Ed" or "My Fair Ed" (my personal choice). That, and choosing a Jones-era Tom and Jerry seems like a mistake.

Anyway, I hope that the livestream is posted as one giant YouTube video soon. I want to see it in full, but don't really have the time to put on the full stream. This way I can watch it in bits and not worry about losing my place.
From what I know is that the episode choices for respective cartoons (mostly the famous and well-known ones) were requested by fans, I'm also surprised that "Villainous" pilot episode (as far as the only English dubbed episode) was shown in this livestream.

R Lopez

I wonder if the MeToo movement plays a part in it.
I don't think Johnny Bravo will ever be officially "cancelled." But I think we all know that's not a show CN would make today.

Of course, they wouldn't make Samurai Jack today, either, given that they handed the series to Adult Swim. A lot of things have changed with kids media since the late 90's-early 00's.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
Some of the episode choices seem pretty random, like Ed, Edd n' Eddy's. "My Fair Ed" is a very good episode, but I don't see it mentioned as much as "One Plus One Equals Ed" or "My Fair Ed" (my personal choice). That, and choosing a Jones-era Tom and Jerry seems like a mistake
I’m guessing what I put in bold was a mistake.

Moe

Boomerang could rotate out their current classics for other ones eventually tbf.
They usually rotate about 1-2 times per year, so last rotate was last year when I had access to Boomerang on Hulu Live TV.

Sadly, Boomerang is on autopilot and they play repeat of cartoon shorts again and again, so that led me to stop watch on this channel.

time squad & sheep in the big city are part of CN history! really don't get why CN won't air said shows. the last they aired them was YEARS AGO!
CN rarely acknowledge cartoon shows with low rating.

Sheep in the Big City was on iTunes but it was removed because of no closed caption, so it was part of Apple's massive purge of contents with no closed caption as part of settlement with NAD (National Association for the Deaf), also Amazon removed all contents with no CC support too. Blame on studio for not fix to add CC support to TV shows.

it was generally given the 5 am graveyard slot where barely anyone could watch it without a DVR.
VCR was commonly used for recording in early 2000s and we relied on VCR to record shows and movies on Vault Disney.

Eventually, DVR replaced VCR.

From what I have seen, CN hasn’t acknowledged Johnny at all in any aspect of the 30th anniversary celebration. It's unfortunate that such an iconic CN character has been relegated to the Out of Jimmy’s Head shed of original shows that must never be mentioned again.
CN acknowledged Johnny Bravo by put CN 30 banner on their show's complete series that is sold on iTunes but CN won't acknowledge on live channel.

unnamed.jpg

i'm not mad! i'm a lil annoyed. but it sucks that CN didn't air Cow & Chicken and I Am Weasel for the 30th on live TV. but I honestly think CN should've played Cow & Chicken and I Am Weasel for the 30th along with Mike, Lu, & Og to round up the cartoon cartoons. the last they did that was 2012 for the cartoon planet block.
All seasons of Cow and Chicken is available on iTunes, however dedicated final season of I Am Weasel isn't available, also banned episode named Buffalo Gals isn't included.

Mike, Lu & Og isn't on iTunes nor digital stores.

Don't expect CN to air old shows after 30th Anniversary ended and as for Boomerang, it is likely to rotate with popular shows. Last time when Johnny Bravo rerun on Boomerang was in 2018 when Boomerang wasn't in autopilot at that time.

AnimatedFan01

I wonder if CN was aware that Everett Peck died and is their first original creator to pass, or if they completely forgot about him since his contract with the network expired a decade ago and that's why they didn't acknowledge Squirrel Boy during their 30th anniversary. Even if they did know, I wonder if that would have had any affect on SB getting acknowledged.

parkersfan89

I wonder if CN was aware that Everett Peck died and is their first original creator to pass, or if they completely forgot about him since his contract with the network expired a decade ago and that's why they didn't acknowledge Squirrel Boy during their 30th anniversary. Even if they did know, I wonder if that would have had any affect on SB getting acknowledged.
RIP everett peck. he also did duckman too along with squirrel boy.

R Lopez

I genuinely think we should be grateful that CN does anything for their anniversary. How many other cable networks bother with that? Nickelodeon and MTV used to, but not anymore.

We really can't be surprised that the network doesn't focus on shows that failed to attract a large audience the first time around. That said, it would be nice if they could have a weekly time slot where they could cycle through their catalog. Or do it on Boomerang, finally give people a reason to pay attention to their schedule again.

Mahone87

Did anyone tune in for their 30th anniversary ? They were streaming the channel on Youtube and I checked a few times and all they showed was their new shows like Steven Universe which is kinda sad.

BlooMac

Did anyone tune in for their 30th anniversary ? They were streaming the channel on Youtube and I checked a few times and all they showed was their new shows like Steven Universe which is kinda sad.
It wasn't a live stream of the channel, but rather a lineup specifically for YouTube. Also, they had plenty of pre-2010s shows for a 6-hour stream, while also mixing in newer shows.

My only wish would be making more streams like this. Have a new one every week or two, rotate other shows too, and do ties-in to events and holidays. Luckily, they're already planning an Over the Garden Wall stream in a few days, so I really hope we see more of these and it's not an anniversary thing.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts