Cartoon sound clips used on Svengoolie

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
More clip IDs, thanks to the latest update to that pack:

CAPTAIN SIMIAN AND THE SPACE MONKEYS:
- "Is he great or what?"
- "Some monkeys just don't appreciate savoir faire!" (both from "Monkey Puzzle Man")

GARFIELD AND FRIENDS:
"My boss thinks it'll be a real ratings-grabber." ("Dream Date")

SKYSURFER STRIKE FORCE:
"Hey, take it easy, pal! We were just kiddin'!"
"Mister Loser! Over here!"
"What's with the outfit? You some kind of space man?" (all from "Time Storm")

SNOW WHITE (Golden Films):
"Why must they always ruin it??!"

Incidentally, I happened upon the source of the "Calling all stations!" snippet used in the intro since the Son of Sven days sometime ago - 'tis from a 1932 Paramount film called "The Big Broadcast".

More to come tomorrow, as it's getting late for me.

Last edited:

Low Spark of Lyman

What a night! I had to do six encores at the club.
GARFIELD AND FRIENDS:
"My boss thinks it'll be a real ratings-grabber." ("Dream Date")
I actually noticed that one a while back (I THOUGHT it sounded familiar), and had been meaning to post it here. Unfortunately I tend to procrastinate, plus I still haven't quite gotten to the full swing of returning to this site (after finally re-emerging on New Year's Eve).

disman00911

Here It Is. The Excel/Spreadsheet detailing nearly every soundbite used on Svengoolie. It's an xlsx file but you can easily convert it to Google Sheets. Feel free to edit it to fill in some of the remaining spaces or fix some spelling errors or other mistakes.

Click Link Here

Number (ordered alphabetically based on the Wayback Machine page posted above. plus some bonus quotes)
Character or Actor/Actress
Movie, TV Show, Cartoon, Album, etc.
Episode, Short, Track Single, etc.
Year
Notes
Credits

Some final observations:
- I could be wrong but the unknown Ashton Kutcher movie clips might come from 2000's "Dude! Where's My Car?" I remember seeing that film once but it was a very long time ago.

- All of the Three Stooges sound clips come from the same short: "Disorder In the Court" (one of the four public domain shorts). When Svengoolie was revived in Chicago local TV in 1995, Three Stooges shorts were airing on WPWR 50 (then an independent but soon became the now-defunct UPN affiliate) instead of WCIU 26, which was probably why Svengoolie couldn't use additional Stooge sound clips. However, that didn't stop the show from using Simpsons sound clips as that show's reruns were airing on WFLD Fox 32 during the 90s and 2000s.

- Speaking of the Simpsons, the sound clips come from some of the same episodes like "Homie The Clown", "Homer vs Patty & Selma" and "Saddledore Galactica".

- The Beavis and Butthead quotes come from two episode shorts: "The Great Cornholio" and "Beard Boys".

- Most of the South Park clips come from the 1999 movie "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut".

- Most of the Scooby Doo quotes must had been recorded exclusively for the show instead of the reused from existing Scooby-Doo shows.

- One that Wayback Machine page, some of the Star Wars and Star Trek clips get mixed up (i.e. "Star Trek: A New Hope")

- I was wrong on a few clips. For instance, the "Hey, We're Trying To Sleep Here" is an original Svengoolie/Son of Svengoolie sound clip and doesn't come from a Three Stooges short as the voice was very similar to Moe Howard. Another original sound clip was a laugh or "Yep, Yep, Yep" that sounded like Beaky Buzzard from "Looney Tunes".

Hope that file helps.

Classic Speedy

Boogie oogie oogie
Staff member
Reporter
I don't think this one has been mentioned yet, but it's played on the show before:

Batman: "You don't TOUCH anything, SAY anything or DO anything unless I tell you! Got it?"

(from the episode "Harlequinade")

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts