Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

Markus Nelis

I do think that CEE will also be merging with Nordic on September 23. Count the Lemmings programming block wasn't dubbed in these languages. Hence why they probably shortened the block. The same schedule means it's not logical to have different feeds for long.

Reactions: J10

Francisque

From what I can tell, Portugal will "merge" with CEE too, but airing the same episodes as Nordic. (Why can't we have this feed too then...)
Then it's Cartoonito Commercial Light, I suppose

@Markus Nelis
Maybe, or they are doing for commercial reasons (advertising reasons: no need to have fillers in Scandinavia)

Similar to Nick Jr Commercial, Commercial Light etc

@zQwmy yeah, if they're splitting the feeds according to advertising reasons, then it makes sense for Germany to get the Portuguese/Nordic merged feed

Markus Nelis

But the schedule timeslots already tell there will be longer breaks between the show. I still think they will only have a dufferent feed at first because of the Lemmings blocks. Which is probably why CEE shortened it's days. Bumpers probably aren't dubbed. However since we get the same events and maybe see this block on Cartoonito Nordic/Portugal, then I agree that they made a commercial light and a different one for commercials. It seems to work although would be even easier if both feeds merged. Not happening now but I guess they look options for the coming years.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Silly Sundays will premiere on Cartoonito UK on Monday 9th September at 4.30pm. This info is from Digiguide. I've still yet to receive the UK highlights for September.

2024-08-26 16 09 18.png

Markus Nelis

Now my cable provider also has the unified schedule with CEE so everything is going well as planned. Weird to see Dorothy back again after half a decade being gone over here.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
From what I can tell, Portugal will "merge" with CEE too, but airing the same episodes as Nordic. (Why can't we have this feed too then...)
Update to that: As mentioned in the CN thread, it's going to be timeshifted by an hour due to the differing timezones.
Not just that, but after looking more closely, only 50% of the episodes are the same as on Nordic, with some of the slots having differences of 5 minutes.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?

Francisque

it looks to still be separated. As it still only has pure preschool shows there, so Cartoonito France won't merge yet. And better if you ask me
France has Boomerang, they can do a pretty preschooler channel anyway

We've talked about it so much, there's no room for the likes of Mr. bean to be treated properly on CN in many areas

Markus Nelis

Boomerang France just stopped targeting preschoolers last year. No need to get back to it. Have Boomerang and Cartoonito be seperate because both channels have a lot of shows. If they're going to merge both channels, they have to make room for 20 shows which in current day doesn't make sense as they're airing some shows a lot more than others due to high viewership. Let's be honest, Cartoonito France has the most variety out of other Cartoonitos in the world. I don't see it being in danger so far.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
yeah, but shows like Looney Tunes Cartoons will be on both CN and Boomerang in that case, in France, and it would look a bit strange for them

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts