Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Cartoonito CEE already airs European shows during the day so they don't need to fulfill the quota at night. CN CEE airs Gumball at night because European shows don't have much airtime during the daytime. Therefore they need ot fulfill the quota at night.
Well, speaking of Cartoonito, they do air European stuff during the day mostly, but they neglect the ones that fit more. Of course

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

We've had this conversation already of what fits or doesn't. It comes out as everyone has different opinion. I've said this before, they're more foucsed on making Cartoonito the family entertainment brand. And I don't mind them going in that route.

Daffyrocks

We've had this conversation already of what fits or doesn't. It comes out as everyone has different opinion. I've said this before, they're more foucsed on making Cartoonito the family entertainment brand. And I don't mind them going in that route.
I know but I just can't help it. And sorry, but Cartoonito being the family entertainment brand is wrong. CN should be in that category and they can do it if they just cut it out already with the censors. CN should be for families and kids, Cartoonito for the toodlers

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

I know but I just can't help it. And sorry, but Cartoonito being the family entertainment brand is wrong. CN should be in that category and they can do it if they just cut it out already with the censors. CN should be for families and kids, Cartoonito for the toodlers
I think it comes down to this being your opinion. It's not wrong to try target towards the family. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Francisque

There's no rule of thumb with channels.

If WBD EMEA wants Cartoonito to be CN-lite or a more family friendly and less pushy CN, let be it, particularly with countries which have no Boomerang

narq

Cartoonito UK started to use the same arrows as CEE (+ France, MENA, Nordic, Turkey...), rather than text, in their next/now/later bumpers.
It looks like they're going in the same direction as Cartoon Network Poland, Germany and Netherlands, having only an arrow meaning "up next", while the new episode bug still has text.

Note: the next banner for Interstellar Ella still has text, and no other bumpers got changed.

Last edited:

Francisque

Cartoonito UK started to use the same arrows as CEE (+ France, MENA, Nordic, Turkey...), rather than text, in their next/now/later bumpers.
It looks like they're going in the same direction as Cartoon Network Poland, Germany and Netherlands, having only an arrow meaning "up next", while the new episode bug still has text.

Note: the next banner for Interstellar Ella still has text, and no other bumpers got changed.
What the...I'm very surprised.

But it's a one off thing, they might have forgot text

narq

But it's a one off thing, they might have forgot text
Maybe, though I wouldn't really say that's the case, since they still have the "NEW" text. Also the fact that it's like that for so many different bumpers. Time will tell, we need to wait until the premiere of another new show to find out.

RegularCapital

Staff member

Not surprising, considering that they've also dropped the times on the promos on CN, Boomerang and Cartoonito lately. It seems that they're keeping things as minimal as possible, its like they're "Nickelodeonising" the feeds, but still retaining most of the localisation, even the NEW bug.

Maybe its their new standard of branding by reducing text to a minimum, so any future rebrands in EMEA can happen in one swoop.

Daffyrocks

Cartoonito CEE Schedule and Highlights for December 2023

- New episodes of Bugs Bunny Builders (S1E36-40) premiere starting from 4th December. Literally the final 5 episodes of the season, initially labeled as the "Bugs Bunny Builders: World Tour" storyarc, will air in five days at 16:00 CET, until 8th December. They will be shown by Cartoonito CEE just one week after they're done airing in America on Cartoon Network's Cartoonito block, which makes me wonder if I should be surprised or not that they want to burn off the show that quick. Reruns will be on the day after at 08:00 and 12:00 CET.
- One new Batwheels minisode (at least new to the channel) will air on 9th December at 09:50 CET, called "The Best Present in the World", which centers around the holidays.
- "Christmas Storytime" holiday marathons begin airing from 18th December, everyday from 07:00 till 10:00 CET, all till New Year's Eve day (will have to see if they will continue afterwards). Each day one show will air for three whole hours as part of the block. As part of the marathons, the following shows will rotate daily: Mr. Bean, Grizzy and The Lemmings, The Tom and Jerry Show, Batwheels and Bugs Bunny Builders.
- The DTV special Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers will also premiere and air for the first time on the channel since the rebrand to Cartoonito 24/7. It will be shown on 20th December at 07:00 CET and will rerun whenever Tom and Jerry is part of the Christmas marathons on the respective days.

And here is the whole schedule for the month:

(all times CET; changes are bolded)

06:00-07:00 Cocomelon
07:00 Grizzy and The Lemmings / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
07:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments) / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
08:00 Bugs Bunny Builders / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
08:20 Bugs Bunny Builders: Hard Hat Time (minisodes) / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
08:30 Batwheels / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
09:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
09:25
Mr. Bean: The Animated Series / Christmas Storytime Marathons (18/12-31/12)
09:50 Meet The Batwheels (minisodes) (from 18/12 its airing will alter depending on the show beforehand from the marathons)
10:00 Baby Looney Tunes
10:20 Bugs Bunny Builders: Hard Hat Time (minisodes)
10:30 Interstellar Ella
11:00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
11:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
12:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
12:30 Batwheels
12:55 The Tom and Jerry Show (4 segments)
13:30 The Tom and Jerry Show
14:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14:25 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14:50 Bugs Bunny Builders: Hard Hat Time (minisodes) (NOT on 18/12)
15:00 Baby Looney Tunes
15:20 Bugs Bunny Builders: Hard Hat Time (minisodes)
15:30 Interstellar Ella
16:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
16:30 Batwheels
16:55 The Tom and Jerry Show (4 segments)
17:30 The Tom and Jerry Show
18:00 Interstellar Ella
18:30 Grizzy and The Lemmings
18:55 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
19:30 Batwheels
20:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
20:25 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
20:45 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (minisodes)
21:00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
21:50 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (minisodes) (on 16/11)
22:00 Alice & Lewis
22:30 Alice & Lewis
22:55 Bugs Bunny Builders
23:25 Bugs Bunny Builders
23:50 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
00:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
01:00 Mighty Mike
01:25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)
02:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
02:25 Bugs Bunny Builders
02:50 Batwheels
03:15 Batwheels (3 segments)
03:50 Meet The Batwheels (one or two minisodes)
03:55 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
04:30 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
04:50 Meet The Batwheels (minisodes) (on 15/12)
05:00 Mighty Mike
05:25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)

As you can see, there are no relevant changes aside the addition of the Christmas marathons soon. I won't even start bragging about how wrong they are by promoting even during special blocks the series that clearly don't fit with the theme of the channel. I am clearly disgusted at this...

Daffyrocks

Cartoonito CEE December 2023 Premieres Info

Bugs Bunny Builders
04/12 - 16:00 CET - S1E36 - "Castle Hassle"
05/12 - 16:00 CET - S1E37 - "Catwalk"
06/12 - 16:00 CET - S1E38 - "Dim Sum"
07/12 - 16:00 CET - S1E39 - "Crane Game"
08/12 - 16:00 CET - S1E40 - "Speedy" (SEASON FINALE)

Meet the Batwheels (minisodes)
09/12 - 09:50 CET - E12 - "The Best Present in the World"

Markus Nelis

Cartoonito Nordic December 2023 schedule

- The only change is that Mush Mush returns to daytime replacing Bugs Bunny Builders at 15:20. The one and only change is marked as Bold.

06:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
06:20 Mr Bean
07:05 Batwheels
07:25 Interstellar Ella
07:45 Bugs Bunny Builders
08:00 Lu & the Bally Bunch
08:15 Toad & Friends
08:35 Masha and the Bear
09:00 Batwheels
09:35 Tom & Jerry in New York
09:55 Lucas the Spider
10:05 Grizzy and the Lemmings
11:10 Masha and the Bear
12:05 Mr Bean
13:10 The Tom and Jerry Show
14:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
14:35 Moley
14:45 Toad & Friends
15:00 Batwheels
15:20 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
15:30 Lu & the Bally Bunch
15:45 Masha and the Bear
16:30 Interstellar Ella
16:55 Batwheels
17:25 Bugs Bunny Builders
18:00 Mr Bean
18:10 Toad & Friends
18:40 Tom & Jerry in New York
19:00 Masha and the Bear
19:15 Grizzy and the Lemmings
19:40 Interstellar Ella
19:55 Toad & Friends
20:05 Mr Bean
20:40 Masha and the Bear
21:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
21:55 Grizzy and the Lemmings
23:00 Mr Bean
23:55 Mush-Mush and Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:30 Mr Bean

Markus Nelis

Speaking of Pocoyo, it aired on the Cartoonito Nordic block in June for a short time. Ever since the full channel launched, it hasn't returned. Why acquire it if you don't want to air it for a while is questionable.

Daffyrocks

Pocoyo is even on HBO Max CEE here and it got local dubs, while it never got to be shown on the actual Cartoonito block / channel despite being released on streaming way before the arrival of Cartoonito.

It only makes sense that they wanted to air it on Cartoonito CEE at some point but they changed their mind for some mad reason

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
This morning at 06:00 CET, Cartoonito CEE disabled the screenbug, rating bugs and even subfeeds?

Edit:
At 11:29 CET, they enabled everything again meaning it's back to normal.
I think they wanted to finally remove the rating bugs but accidentally disabled too much?
Nothing happened here in Germany, (At this moment it's still a seperate video feed being connected to the raw one. The purpose of this was probably not to have the rating bugs or/and to split from CEE again if possible.) so this might be very likely.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts