Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

J10

Mr. Bean will still air on Cartoonito, for the fourth season, and also Max (streaming service).

Preferred this to be aired only on CN and Max, because of some of the scenes not appropriate for airing on Cartoonito (just like in Season 3, Home Movie), as this program is for the ages whose 7 years and beyond, just like Gumball (which is TV-Y7 FV) and other TV-Y7 contents.

BTW, a family channel like this should forget the Boomerang days, and needs to stay straightforward with entertaining viewers with related content, including preschoolers. The Boomerang era is done in most places and viewers should forget it. If Paramount was to merge with WBD (which won’t happen due to antitrust), Mr. Bean might get shifted to another channel part of the company.

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?

Mr. Bean will still air on Cartoonito, for the fourth season, and also Max (streaming service).

Preferred this to be aired only on CN and Max, because of some of the scenes not appropriate for airing on Cartoonito (just like in Season 3, Home Movie), as this program is for the ages whose 7 years and beyond.
I don't have anything against the show continuing, really. I like it, but if anything, it should be aired on the right and correct channel. That's all!!!

I am actually looking forward to the series alone

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

Daffyrocks, you promised you would stop complaining and you still do. Accept that this is the family channel in Europe. No matter how much you despite it, I will keep reminding you. Plus I doubt it's going to be inappropriate. I can see them going to a much more family friendly direction. You can even comapare S1 to S3 and you clearly know it has changed.

Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks, you promised you would stop complaining and you still do. Accept that this is the family channel in Europe. No matter how much you despite it, I will keep reminding you. Plus I doubt it's going to be inappropriate. I can see them going to a much more family friendly direction. You can even comapare S1 to S3 and you clearly know it has changed.
Don't worry. I will most probably watch these new batches of episodes so I am just going to learn to leave with it, as I don't have other choice.

Francisque

I believe Mr. Bean helps the channel having healthy ratings, as without that there aren't many very recognizable shows.

You might hate them for that, but Cartoonito in EMEA needs to still cater non-preschoolers a little bit, as there's no Boomerang anymore (except in France and the UK, where Boomerang and Cartoonito still cater a different audience), and it also doesn't make CN feel crowded.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
I believe Mr. Bean helps the channel having healthy ratings, as without that there aren't many very recognizable shows.

You might hate them for that, but Cartoonito in EMEA needs to still cater non-preschoolers a little bit, as there's no Boomerang anymore (except in France and the UK, where Boomerang and Cartoonito still cater a different audience), and it also doesn't make CN feel crowded.
And then there's Italy, where Boomerang and Cartoonito are the same channel, more or less.

Markus Nelis

I think that WBD also wanted to shut down Boomerang in Italy as there's been many non-preschool shows on Cartoonito. However Sky doesn't want to get rid of another channel especially when three Disney Channels already shut down. Boomerang is basically Italy's pay-tv secondary Cartoonito. While Cartoonito itself is free.

Francisque

I think that WBD also wanted to shut down Boomerang in Italy as there's been many non-preschool shows on Cartoonito. However Sky doesn't want to get rid of another channel especially when three Disney Channels already shut down. Boomerang is basically Italy's pay-tv secondary Cartoonito. While Cartoonito itself is free.
Boomerang would make more sense as an additional channel similar to Boomerang UK.

They don't because Boing and Cartoonito aren't on Sky but CN and Boomerang are.

Boing and Cartoonito on Sky would make the other two redundant, heavily so, that's why Sky wants to keep them broadcast.

For me, I'd personally rebrand Boing to Cartoon Network at this point (FTA) and have them broadcast on Sky, but I realize Boing is an established brand in Italy.
Ideally also having a Boomerang on Sky as an additional pay TV channel, but I suppose that would shut down in order to have Cartoonito on Sky.

I wish they would become proper WBD channels rather than joint ventures with Mediaset, so that this process can go smoother, but they want the Mediaset money so bad...management is mostly WBD though.

The other Mediaset channels are on Sky already, the decision to keep Boing and Cartoonito out of Sky Is probably half Sky's half WBD

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Boomerang would make more sense as an additional channel similar to Boomerang UK.

They don't because Boing and Cartoonito aren't on Sky but CN and Boomerang are.

Boing and Cartoonito on Sky would make the other two redundant, heavily so, that's why Sky wants to keep them broadcast.

For me, I'd personally rebrand Boing to Cartoon Network at this point (FTA) and have them broadcast on Sky, but I realize Boing is an established brand in Italy.
Ideally also having a Boomerang on Sky as an additional pay TV channel, but I suppose that would shut down in order to have Cartoonito on Sky.

I wish they would become proper WBD channels rather than joint ventures with Mediaset, so that this process can go smoother, but they want the Mediaset money so bad...management is mostly WBD though.

The other Mediaset channels are on Sky already, the decision to keep Boing and Cartoonito out of Sky Is probably half Sky's half WBD
Funnily enough, I think the joint venture is what makes Boing and Cartoonito a smidge better than the rest of the FTA kids channels in Italy, since even the two that are only owned by WBD (Frisbee and K2) are a total disaster. (So is Super! and Rai Gulp. You can only save Rai Yoyo outside Boing and Cartoonito)

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Is this the new International Boomerang thread now? I can't seem to search for any recent ones for it.

Daffyrocks

Cartoonito CEE Schedule and Highlights for February 2024

- New episodes of Lu & The Bally Bunch start from 19th February, airing daily at 15:00 CET. Reruns will be at 10:00 CET on the day after. The batch will go on until the very end of the month, on the 29th of February (yes, this year is apparently a Leap Frog Day one!), while more will also premiere at the beginning of March (including a special half-hour episode).
- There will also be new premieres of the Lu & The Bally Bunch minisodes, from 26th February. They will premiere randomly through the day, at random times (sometimes even more than one on the same day), also going on in March.
- A Batwheels-themed marathon, "Calling All Batwheels", will kick off from 4th February. It will consist of three slots of Batwheels episodes back-to-back, everyday from 19:30 till 20:55 CET. The block will also rerun the day after from 08:30 till 10:00 CET. Personally, I've never seen any special schedule or such marathon to start that late.

The line-up stays roughly the same, except for Lu & The Bally Bunch airing in the schedule already from 12th February and replacing all of the slots of Thomas & Friends, also the Lu minisodes will expand with more showings at random times and days. Plus the Batwheels marathon replacing the morning and late evening slots of Mr. Bean.

Here is the whole line-up:

(all times CET; changes are bolded)

06:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
06:25 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
06:55 Grizzy and The Lemmings
07:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
08:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
08:20 Bugs Bunny Builders: Hard Hat Time (minisodes)
08:30 Batwheels / Calling All Batwheels (from 05/02)
09:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series / 08:55 Calling All Batwheels (from 05/02)
09:20 Meet The Batwheels (minisodes) (from 05/02) (NOT EVERYDAY)

09:25 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series / 09:30 Calling All Batwheels (from 05/02)
09:50 Meet The Batwheels (minisodes) (from 12/02) / Lu & The Bally Bunch (minisodes) (from 27/02; NOT EVERYDAY)

09:55 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go / 10:00 Lu & The Bally Bunch (from 12/02)
10:15 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (one or two minisodes) / 10:21 Lu & The Bally Bunch (minisodes) (one or two minisodes) (from 12/02)
10:30 Toad & Friends
11:00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
11:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
12:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
12:30 Batwheels
12:55 The Tom and Jerry Show (4 segments)
13:30 The Tom and Jerry Show
14:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14:25 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14:50 Bugs Bunny Builders: Hard Hat Time (minisodes)
15:00 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go / Lu & The Bally Bunch (from 12/02)
15:20 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (minisodes) / Lu & The Bally Bunch (minisodes) (from 12/02)
15:21 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (minisodes) (from 12/02) (NOT EVERYDAY)

15:30 Toad & Friends
16:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
16:25 Batwheels
16:55 The Tom and Jerry Show (4 segments)
17:30 The Tom and Jerry Show
18:00 Toad & Friends
18:30 Grizzy and The Lemmings
18:55 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
19:20 Lu & The Bally Bunch (minisodes) (from 27/02) (NOT EVERYDAY)
19:30 Batwheels / Calling All Batwheels (from 04/02)
20:00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series / 19:55 Calling All Batwheels (from 04/02)
20:25 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series / Calling All Batwheels (from 04/02)
20:55 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21:20 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
21:45 Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go (minisodes)
22:00 Alice & Lewis
22:30 Alice & Lewis
22:55 Bugs Bunny Builders
23:25 Bugs Bunny Builders
23:50 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
00:25 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
01:00 Mighty Mike
01:25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)
02:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
02:25 Bugs Bunny Builders
02:55 Batwheels
03:20 Batwheels (3 segments)
03:50 Meet The Batwheels (minisodes) (NOT EVERYDAY)
03:55 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
04:30 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
05:00 Mighty Mike
05:25 Mighty Mike (4 segments)

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Cartoonito CEE February 2024 Premieres Info

Lu & The Bally Bunch

19/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E38-40 - "Mon Ami Celeri" / "Wiggling and Flapping" / "Bubble Trouble"
20/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E41-43 - "Baby Barnaby" / "Lu's Decision" / "Rocky Day"
21/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E44-46 - "Leaf Boats" / "Bike Ride" / "Roly Poly Disappearance"
22/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E47-49 - "Ask Me First" / "When Bugs Cry" / "Long Long Line"
23/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E50-52 - "The Chalk" / "Elodie Wants To Decide" / "Swim Class"
24/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E53-55 - "Squeak Jumps" / "Boat Trip" / "Treasure Hunt"
25/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E56-58 - "Toy Hospital" / "Silly Soup" / "Scary Tara"
26/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E59-61 - "Home School Day" / "New Library Book" / "Betty The Bookworm"
27/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E62-64 - "Costume Day" / "Barnaby's Choice" / "Uncle Lorcan"
28/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E65-67 - "Baby Trouble" / "Bright Beetle Lu" / "Gotcha!"
29/02 - 15:00 CET - S1E68 / S1E70 / S1E73 - "Sing Along" / "Power Flower" / "Grow Lines"

Lu & The Bally Bunch (minisodes)
26/02 - 15:20 CET - E14 - "Talking About Siblings"
27/02 - 09:50 CET - E16 - "Talking About Expressing Emotions"
27/02 - 15:20 CET - E15 - "Talking About Playing Outside"
27/02 - 19:20 CET - E17 - "Talking About Solutions For All"

Markus Nelis

This is so unexpected, Tom and Jerry classic shorts coming to Cartoonito Nordic on February 5th. More schedule information and changes will be posted tomorrow by me.

Markus Nelis

Cartoonito Nordic schedule and highlights for February 2024

- Calling All the Batwheels every hour throughout the day. Interesting strategy, huh?
- Tom and Jerry classic shorts returns.
- Thomas & Friends, Lucas the Spider, Toad & Friends, Bugs Bunny Builders and Masha and the Bear leave the lineup. Big reshuffle since the launch really. Only three preschool shows on the lineup left. It feels like I'm watching Boomerang ;).
- I won't go through every detail what replaces which because half of this schedule is changing but just know that a lot of the shows are leaving.

06:00 Mr Bean
06:30 Batwheels
07:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
07:30 Batwheels
08:30 The Tom and Jerry Show

09:00 Batwheels
09:35 Mr Bean
10:00 Batwheels
10:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
11:00 Batwheels
11:30 Tom and Jerry in New York
11:50 Batwheels

12:25 Mr Bean
12:55 Batwheels
13:25 Grizzy and the Lemmings
14:00 Batwheels
14:35 Tom and Jerry

15:05 Batwheels
15:35 Mr Bean
16:00 Interstellar Ella
16:30 Batwheels
17:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
18:00 Batwheels
18:30 Mr Bean
19:00 Batwheels

19:35 Grizzy and the Lemmings
20:05 Batwheels
20:40 Tom and Jerry in New York

21:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
21:55 Grizzy and the Lemmings
23:00 Mr Bean
00:00 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
00:45 Grizzy and the Lemmings
02:05 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
02:50 Grizzy and the Lemmings
03:35 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
04:20 Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:30 Mr Bean

I think Masha's rights expired. They didn't really remove a Russian show even during the war so they gotta fill in something else when we get back to normal from this every hour Batwheels event.

Daffyrocks

Yeah. If they really want to underestimate the WHOLE Tom and Jerry franchise that much, by considering even the classic original shorts now as preschool material, then let it be it. I don't care anymore. I will hold myself from complaining because I see that there is no use. I really DON'T want to be there when the toodlers will see shorts like "Blues Cat Blues" on a channel like Cartoonito.

But hey, at least you get them on TV anyhow. That's a positive and I have to admit it.

Markus Nelis

Yeah. If they really want to underestimate the WHOLE Tom and Jerry franchise that much, by considering even the classic original shorts now as preschool material, then let it be it. I don't care anymore. I will hold myself from complaining because I see that there is no use. I really DON'T want to be there when the toodlers will see shorts like "Blues Cat Blues" on a channel like Cartoonito.

But hey, at least you get them on TV anyhow. That's a positive and I have to admit it.
It wouldn't have been a big deal if they aired it later in the evening when preschoolers sleep. Also I still think CN would have refused to air it. They don't air anything old that's 1990s or early. The most oldest show they have is WNSD.

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
Cartoonito Asia will be removed from Now TV Hong Kong lineup starting February 1, 2024.
Screenshot_20240129-182044.jpg

Markus Nelis

Interesting, so they're slowly shutting down the Cartoonito channels around the world? I wouldn't be surprised. Even CN US seems to give up with the block. I can actually see this strategy at some point like Disney has done. Or maybe they will merge Cartoonito into one feed for budget reasons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts