cartoons you glad it was never got produced

harry580

What cartoons that were cancelled or scrapped are you glad didn't become a thing?

Honestly, im glad nickelodeon version of adventure time didn't happened because nickelodeon would not make it as good as cartoon network version is

Mandouga

Seth McFarlane's planned version of The Flintstones, hands down! On a related note, I'm told it even made it to pre-production.

Seriously, I don't think anyone would have really wanted to see a primetime animated series actually meant for “adult “ viewers stomp all over WH and JB’s legacy; another parody that doesn’t know what it's talking about. People want The Flintstones, not Family Guy set in the stone age.

Also, before anyone mentions it, for everything the original show has, and despite its original primetime slot, it's ultimately still a family show, even for a show made in the 1960s. That’s one of the reasons why the show is still so endearing today. I don’t want to see anyone mess around with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Gotham High: Batman, his allies and his rogues gallery are all teenagers in high school. It sounded as fun as it was believable.

Muppet High: same deal, but with the Muppet Show players, in a 1950s setting, starring Kermit as a Fonzie like motorcycle riding greaser.

A planned Ghostbusters prequel series with Peter Venkman, Ray Stanz and Egon Spengler as teen spector detectors in, you guessed it, high school. (Can you guess that I'm not a fan of teenification shows?)

Last edited:

Goldstar!

All right-y!
Scooby Doo and the Mystery Pups. A series that was planned to air on Cartoon Network's Cartoonito block but got scrapped by Warner Bros. Discovery as a tax write-off. I don't hate the idea of a Scooby Doo show that's aimed at 5-year-olds, but this one I think the world can do just fine without.

What bothered me about this show wasn't that its target audience was preschoolers, it was its casting choices. Here. Scooby and Shaggy are camp counselors in charge of a puppy trio who personality-wise are essentially canine versions of Velma, Daphne and Fred. Why turn those 3 established characters into dogs? If you want Daphne, Fred and Velma on the show, just have all of Mystery Inc. as counselors. And why add "new" puppy characters to Scooby Doo when they could bring back Scrappy Doo and his 2 friends Annie and Duke form the episode "The Ransom of Scooby Chief"? It's been years now, guys. Most of the Scrappy hate has died down by now. This idea came off as being lazy, rather than anything else.

Last edited:

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Seth MacFarlane's The Flintstones reboot. Don't get me wrong, I do respect Seth McFarlane for being a Hanna Barbara fan and he grew up with The Flintstones as a kid, which was a major influence on Family Guy. I do love and respect his passion. However, this is one of the rare cases where just because you can reboot a pre-existing IP like The Flintstones that doesn't mean you should.

It's almost like if Warner Bros wanted their own version of Family Guy, so they decided to bring in Seth MacFarlane in order to replicate its success without realizing what made The Flintstones so good.

So yeah, I'm glad it never happened.

EDIT: As I was doing research of The Flintstones reboot, and I found out there was a concept art of the Seth MacFarlane version of The Flintstones, and.....yeah.

What else can you say about it?

Screenshot 2024-07-16 133003.png

Last edited:

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
The American remake of Sailor Moon sprang to mind. I get wanting to adapt an anime for a western audience, but this just isn’t it. Wasn’t Sailor Mercury in a wheelchair for some reason? I mean no disrespect to people who use wheelchairs, but I’m just like why would somebody feel like that’s a change that needed to be made? Wasn’t it part live action too? Overall I’m just glad the Japanese original just got dubbed.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
Wasn't Mattel's planned Wonder Woman and the Star Raiders toy line also supposed to get a cartoon? A toyline/show where Wonder Woman and a bunch of ethnically diverse girls fight evil Sailor Moon-style.... we were spared something.

All I know that there were plans for this is that there were free giveaway comics distributed in Pop Tarts around '93.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Kinda glad Star Wars Detours didn't get made. I liked the Robot Chicken Specials well enough, but I don't think there was enough there for a full television series.

A leaked episode was released years ago. I...tried to watch it, but it was so ugly and painfully unfunny that I couldn't make it two minutes in. It's a good thing they pulled the plug on it.

On another note: Four animated adult series were planned for HBO Max back in 2021, and they were all detailed in this article. It's 2024 now, and none of them came to fruition.

Hello Paul in particular looks like a rejected Fox ADHD sketch. I'm glad they didn't go forward with it.

hello_paul-1280.jpg

aegisrawks

A leaked episode was released years ago. I...tried to watch it, but it was so ugly and painfully unfunny that I couldn't make it two minutes in. It's a good thing they pulled the plug on it.

On another note: Four animated adult series were planned for HBO Max back in 2021, and they were all detailed in this article. It's 2024 now, and none of them came to fruition.

Hello Paul in particular looks like a rejected Fox ADHD sketch. I'm glad they didn't go forward with it.

hello_paul-1280.jpg
oh noes gang! How will we get out of this week's KU RA ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE situation?

Mejo

Ada-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-beddy-ya!
The Doozy Bots - American remake of Gundam. Similar to Sailor Moon, I’m glad that the show was just dubbed.

The New Flintstones Show - A version of the Flintstones set in modern times. So basically just The Honeymooners.

The Judy and Elroy Show - A sequel to the Jetsons with an older Judy and Elroy. Basically just the The Pebbles and Bamn Bamn Show but in space. This pitch was later merged with another one for an animated version of The Partridge Family and became Partridge Family 2200 A.D.
I am not kidding.

Bubsy - No comment.

Untitled Yogi Bear show where Jellystone Park becomes a nuclear wasteland causing Yogi to work as a FedEx employe and Boo Boo to goes to a high school and begin vaping - This actually was a show pitched.

Last edited:

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
The huge Simpsons franchise that would include a live-action Krusty show et cetera. That's all.
I love the story Matt Groening told about the development of that, about how they'd bring to life a gag about Krusty's house being built on top of stilts being gnawed at by beavers, and then just saying, "If this was animated, we wouldn't be having this conversation".

harry580

I have one: fox's version of south park
I glad this one didn't happened because one: this version would not have mr hankey, two: trey parker & Matt stone would have a meltdown on disney if fox had produced south park and disney later buy the assets of fox which would includes south park (given the fact that trey parker & matt stone had produced episodes & specials attacking disney) and three: south park on a cable channel made sense

ShadowBeast

The Crash Bandicoot cartoon. It was silly and wacky, but it didn't feel like Crash Bandicoot. It felt like a Bugs Bunny cartoon with Crash taking Bugs' place.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary
To this day, ever since 2016. I have rightfully hoped that the BVS Entertainment library will be fully released one day. There will be a day where we see high quality masters of these shows.

I plan to stay optimistic.
Say what you will about the contents of their videos but Troom Troom sure knows how to entice their viewers with an intriguing concept!

Featured Posts