CN Schedule: November 23 - November 29

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Tommypezmaster said:
I would want CN to air "Hickhiker's Guide to The Galaxy" or "The pink Panther (2006)". at least those 2 I like.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy isn't a kids movie. Also, the BBC mini series was better, IMHO.

Nimrod101

I find it rather odd that they always show all of the direct-to-video Tom and Jerry movies on CN around this time of year, but they NEVER show the 1993 theatrical feature length film that came before all those 4 other films. Maybe it's because it's that bad? Or possibly a legal dispute?

Luffy

Meat!
big fat liar and cody banks?!

man im hating the frankie muniz spotlight we're gettin....:shrug:

Aces 21

No Chance in Hell
I've been thinking. Is CN trying to emulate Disney XD in some way?

I've noticed that CN is airing movies in the afternoon/evening hours like XD, and I've thought that those few hours could be prime real estate for any kind of show.

It's probably best for them to show the movies that they acquire than to show repeats of another show we've seen already.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
big fat liar and cody banks?!

man im hating the frankie muniz spotlight we're gettin....:shrug:

It'd make more sense if it was on Nick, considering Malcolm in the Middle, where I believe he got his big start, is airing on Nick @ Nite.

Some movies I'd like to CN air are Shrek 2, The Dark Knight, and Pink Panther.

Movies I won't be surprised if they air are Yours, Mine, and Ours, RV, Freaky Friday, and Star Wars: Clone Wars.

For anyone thinking "Wouldn't Dark Knight be too violent for CN?", they've aired plenty of violent TV-14 rated movies before, so it should be alright.. Plus, they do have the current Batman cartoon. If they do air TDK (maybe not likely), I won't be shocked at all if there's a Brave and the Bold marathon beforehand.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
It'd make more sense if it was on Nick, considering Malcolm in the Middle, where I believe he got his big start, is airing on Nick @ Nite.

Movies I won't be surprised if they air are Yours, Mine, and Ours, RV, Freaky Friday, and Star Wars: Clone Wars.

For anyone thinking "Wouldn't Dark Knight be too violent for CN?", they've aired plenty of violent TV-14 rated movies before, so it should be alright.. Plus, they do have the current Batman cartoon. If they do air TDK (maybe not likely), I won't be shocked at all if there's a Brave and the Bold marathon beforehand.

Sorry, but I have to ask: Why is it that even the Cartoon Network fans who are dead set against live action shows airing on Toon still perfectly OK with live action movies airing on Toon? I'd genuinely like to understand this. No live action means no live action, unless it features some animation or is somehow connected with cartoons. If you're OK with live action movies airing on Toon, then you should be OK with live action shows also.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
Ideally I wouldn't want them to air, but since it's clear CN is going to air them, they should at least be based off of animation, like TDK and Pink Panther are.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Ideally I wouldn't want them to air, but since it's clear CN is going to air them, they should at least be based off of animation, like TDK and Pink Panther are.

The Pink Panther movies aren't based on the PP cartoons, though. The only animation in them are the animated opening segments, which were originally made for the live action films.

I didn't want to seem like an old fusspot just then, but it just strikes me as curious how some people absolutely hate the idea of live action programs airing on Cartoon Network, yet they are willing to look the other way when it comes to live action movies. Half of the films that people have said that they'd like to see air on The Flicks in the last few posts have been non-animated. Isn't that kind of a double standard?

Tommypezmaster said:
Jersey Girl

Let's try to keep in mind also that Cartoon Network is a kids' entertainment channel. Toon isn't going to show any adult movies, animated or not. If you're going to suggest a Kevin Smith movie, at least suggest a good one.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Blackstar said:
It just strikes me as curious how some people absolutely hate the idea of live action programs airing on Cartoon Network, yet are willing to look the other way when it comes to live action movies. Isn't that kind of a double standard?

Well, I kind of see Rho's point: ideally, I, like many of us, would prefer it if the live-action stayed the frell off of Toon, but since this seems to be something that the Suits are hell-bent on doing, the films in question should at least be based off of animated properties, like Superman: The Movie or Spider-Man. Ideally, these films could air after mini-marathons of the cartoons on which they were based.

Otherwise, you're correct. Stuff like Agent Cody Banks and Big Fat Liar have no business being shown on Cartoon Network. And some of the suggestions I've been reading here like Jersey Girl and Christmas with the Kranks? No, just no.

Nimrod101

Speaking of Tom and Jerry, do they always have T&J marathons every Thanksgiving? Didn't it used to be, like, Looney Tunes or something?

AJ1

I'm not a fan of breaking up a good schedule in favor of a "specialy week" type thing, I'd rather weave in holiday specials instead of remove normal prime time airings and blocks (YAH & HHT) in favor of airing movies and specials. But thats just how I feel about it, nothing I can do to change it I guess.....:(

mariofan62

Can't wait for Arkumn Asylum 2
Speaking of Tom and Jerry, do they always have T&J marathons every Thanksgiving? Didn't it used to be, like, Looney Tunes or something?
They don't have Tom And Jerry marathons every thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving 2006 and 2007, they had Foster's marathons, with 2006 marathon leading up to the premiere of Good Wilt Hunting, and 2007 leading up to a new episode.

zimbach

Nice Jigglypuffs! ¡
It's like they assumed nobody is going to watch anyway this week, so to heck with the schedule, not that it was all that coherent before. Why bother to counter-program against falling asleep on the couch while your drunk uncle watches football?

At least thee is no sign of any CN Real shows, but yes, the abundance of crappy live action and mediocre animated movies is disheartening.

I miss the days of The Iron Giant Thanksgiving marathons. CN did that for about three years in a row, give or take. Sure, it wasn't going to keep people tuned in all day, but it's a good movie, better than what they have on this year.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
It's like they assumed nobody is going to watch anyway this week, so to heck with the schedule, not that it was all that coherent before. Why bother to counter-program against falling asleep on the couch while your drunk uncle watches football?

Exactly. That's the approach that most cable channels take when it comes to programming for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. The assumption is that most people will to be too busy cooking, setting the table, meeting and greeting relatives, getting full, getting drunk and watching football to be watching a lot of TV. So it doesn't make sense to put anything sensational on during that time.

ToonFaithful

The One Who Knocks™
Exactly. That's the approach that most cable channels take when it comes to programming for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. The assumption is that most people will to be too busy cooking, setting the table, meeting and greeting relatives, getting full, getting drunk and watching football to be watching a lot of TV. So it doesn't make sense to put anything sensational on during that time.
When I was little, my parents and relatives were just cooking all day all night....I was bored. What should I do?! Watch some TV. Guess what it was? Cartoon Network a G.I. Joe Special during Thanksgiving and I think it was 2004?

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
When I was little, my parents and relatives were just cooking all day all night....I was bored. What should I do?! Watch some TV. Guess what it was? Cartoon Network a G.I. Joe Special during Thanksgiving and I think it was 2004?

Chill out, dude. I'm not the one you need to complain to.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just that that's how programmers think.

Anyway, it's not like Cartoon Network, or TV as a whole for that matter, is one's only outlet for relieving boredom. Read a book, surf the net, pop in a DVD, play video games. Folks can survive without Toon for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Light Lucario

Staff member

While Cartoon Network has aired TV-14 movies before, those were usually Marvel or DC DTV movies. I believe that the only live-action movie that had that rating was the Spider-Man movie, but that might have been rated TV-PG for the television airing. Besides that, I would image that the Dark Knight would be more violent than the other movies they've aired. I believe that AMC and TNT already have the rights to air Batman Begins, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have, or will have, the rights to air the Dark Knight.

As for the Clone Wars movie, I believe that Spike TV and TBS have the rights to air it and the other Star Wars movies, so I don't if Cartoon Network would be able to air that movie either.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts