Commercials that played a lot during your childhood

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The ones I still remember clearly: Lego, Playmobil, McDonalds, Quick (local fastfood), Kellogg's Honey Pops, Kellogg's Trésor (called Krave in English), Kellogg's Choco Pops, Lelly Kelly shoes, Geox shoes

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
At this point there should be an inevitable plug for The Nostalgia Critic's commercial specials, because they cover a lot of the ones I grew up with. Here's another with a jingle that got lodged into my brain:

Get your car sparklin' clean at the Matchbox Car Wash!

sun

You stay, I go
I know that you are not going to believe this one..........

in the early 50s.....I remember ......... "WINSTON TASTES GOOD LIKE A CIGARETTE SHOULD"
............................ALSO ..........'NOTHING LIKE A CLARK BAR"............................................

(wait a minute...........is this 2022?? that is a very long time ago??? That means that I am a...
....... "MATURE PERSON".....IF.........I can remember commercials from the 50s & 60s ,,,,'
..............................................I like that term....:MATURE PERSON....instead of the "O" word.. (3 letter word,
....with an L in the middle)

I got to add this ....you won't believe it either....the first commercial i remember was a
movie that was being advertised on TV when I was 6 years old....it was a movie that was
in the movie theaters at the time, and it was the first movie I ever saw advertised....It
was............"Singing In The Rain" 1952.. yes, I was that advertised on TV in 1952.

I saw the entire film in 1980......In case you don't know, "SINGING IN THE RAIN" is considered
the greatest musical ever on film. It is wonderful to watch, and very happy indeed..
also, some of the greatest dancing scenes ever..Yes, it is available on the "INTERNET" OR
AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY.

Last edited:

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
The Chef Boyardee ad.

Yeah. Pasta in a can is kind of revolting. But this is one of the few advertisements I’d consider to be true art.
Oh. I forgot about that one. Yeah, I remember that one too.

Here's another one I remember.

The Chia Pet Commercial

stephane dumas

There was multiple commercials however who have still keep the same jingle. Case in point with Meow Mix where the jingle became an earworm stuck in your head. ;-)

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts