CW4Kids Talkback: Week 17 [9/13/08]

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
cw4kids.jpg
: A New Beginning...

Just like the topic I made for the first week of CW4Kids, I have made this topic as a way of discussing both the way the new fall packaging and presentation are, plus the overall structure of the block itself.

Here is the schedule:

7:00 - Will and Dewitt
7:30 - Magi-Nation
8:00 - Skunk Fu!
8:30 - Viva Pinata (US PREMIERE EPISODE)
9:00 - Spectacular Spider-Man
9:30 - TMNT: Back to the Sewers (WORLD PREMIERE EPISODE)
10:00 - Dinosaur King (WORLD DUB PREMIERE EPISODE)
10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's (WORLD DUB PREMIERE)
11:00 - Chaotic (CW4KIDS PREMIERE EPISODE)
11:30 - Chaotic (CW4KIDS PREMIERE EPISODE)
Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I think the new style is going to be reminiscent of the Sneak Peak format. You know...like the promos will be done in online video player style, and the background will be the same style background as the 4Kids site. Which would explain why the new logo is apparently "Sign On..."

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Just like the topic I made for the first week of CW4Kids, I have made this topic as a way of discussing both the way the new fall packaging and presentation are, plus the overall structure of the block itself.

Here is the schedule:

7:30 - Skunk Fu!
8:00 - Viva Pinata (US PREMIERE EPISODE)
8:30 - Magi-Nation (GoGoRiki will replace it in two weeks)
9:30 - TMNT: Back to the Sewers (WORLD PREMIERE EPISODE)

Discuss!
We'll begin by actually correcting the schedule. This is the schedule for this week and next. They move up Skunk Fu! and Viva Pinata in two weeks, but this is the schedule according to all resources these two weeks, and according to my actual TV which has Magi-Nation on it right now at 6:30 AM CT.
7:30 - Magi-Nation
8:00 - Skunk Fu!
8:30 - Viva Pinata (US PREMIERE EPISODE)
9:30 - TMNT: Back to the Sewer (WORLD PREMIERE EPISODE)

Last edited by a moderator:

PC!

lolwut?
Not a fan of the new look. It's so dull. And the whole "internet clip" commercial style is annoying, too. I prefer my commercials to take up the whole screen, thank you.

Really, this new look is almost the opposite of what Kids WB was before it. I declare this new look "Anti-Kids WB."

veemonjosh

We'll begin by actually correcting the schedule. This is the schedule for this week and next. They move up Skunk Fu! and Viva Pinata in two weeks, but this is the schedule according to all resources these two weeks, and according to my actual TV which has Magi-Nation on it right now at 6:30 AM CT

...You sound somewhat...pissed off at me for being slightly incorrect.

Seriously, jeez.

Soul

I like the look.
A more downgraded 4Kidsified SVES.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
...You sound somewhat...pissed off at me for being slightly incorrect.

Seriously, jeez.
Not pissed, but if you actually looked at the front page here at TZ they had the correct schedule, TV Guide had the correct schedule, 4kids.com had the correct schedule, zap2it had the correct schedule, and even wikipedia had the correct schedule. I've always felt part of making a talkback for anything is making sure the information presented is accurate, so it's frustrating for me when information is wrong when all that was needed was a little research to make it correct.

As far as the morning goes, I can honestly say I was impressed. The ladies "CW4Kids, sign on" voice became quickly irritating, but the previews where better than I expected. I liked how they incorporated the e/i into the CW4Kids logo instead of having it at a different part of the screen. It didn't surprise me, but I did find it interesting, that they had the same contest on 4Kids TV and CW4Kids today, which means they probably will all year. The line-up is definitely developing into the best line-up for a Saturday AM that has been available in quite sometime. I also enjoyed that the line-up was almost new episodes.

I do have one big complaint though, and that is them calling Viva Pinata and Dinosaur King series premieres. They were season premieres, not series premieres. In order for it to be a series premiere, it has to be the first episode- PERIOD. I understand they want to have the Chaotic power hour, but would it have hurt them that much to actually use one of those spots to show the episodes of Dinosaur King or Viva Pinata that have already aired on 4KidsTV for those who may not have watched them before? Heck, you could have dropped Skunk Fu, made it an hour of Viva Pinata (1/2 for those already shown and 1/2 brand new to the US), and then done the same for Dinosaur King with one of Chaotic's spot. Sure, it would have meant reruns in place of reruns, but it would have allowed those who didn't see them before to watch them on TV. Luckily they do have all the episodes up at 4Kids new old web site- www.4kids.com

They did promote the www.cw4kids.com on the block a couple of times, but it redirects to www.4kids.com, and the contest sent the to www.4kids.com I guess it makes sense to have one web site for the two blocks. I can only hope them adding Magi-Nation to the Web site means they'll put all the episodes up on it.

One other quick note- it looks like it is just Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer. They had no s on the series today during any of the commercial break previews or on the "You're watching, up next, and then" segments.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that the new look was kind of cool. The Internet/computer voice was kind of weak, but I did like the details for the promos as if they were straight from online. I think Sign on is a nice new logo. It's not as cool as the comic book look that they had before, but this is pretty much fine. Besides that, I did like the images for their shows as they were saying what would be on next.

veemonjosh

Not pissed, but if you actually looked at the front page here at TZ they had the correct schedule, TV Guide had the correct schedule, 4kids.com had the correct schedule, zap2it had the correct schedule, and even wikipedia had the correct schedule. I've always felt part of making a talkback for anything is making sure the information presented is accurate, so it's frustrating for me when information is wrong when all that was needed was a little research to make it correct.

It was also past midnight and I was falling asleep at the keyboard, so forgive me for not looking up the correct schedule at the time.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
I think the new look is kinda cool, defenately a lot better looking than the current 4Kids TV. I also liked how they carried on the Kids'WB tradition with "E/I" and "ALL NEW" on the screen.

The only thing that irritated me were the Spider-Man promos. Instead of using voice clips from the episodes and previous promos, they have Mike Sinterklas (spelling?) doing the voice of Spider-Man in the new promos. I like Mike, but It sounds terrible and its kind of awkward. Really, couldn't they have just grabbed the "I'm the Spectacular Spider-Man!" line from an episode?

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I think the new look is kinda cool, defenately a lot better looking than the current 4Kids TV. I also liked how they carried on the Kids'WB tradition with "E/I" and "ALL NEW" on the screen.

The only thing that irritated me were the Spider-Man promos. Instead of using voice clips from the episodes and previous promos, they have Mike Sinterklas (spelling?) doing the voice of Spider-Man in the new promos. I like Mike, but It sounds terrible and its kind of awkward. Really, couldn't they have just grabbed the "I'm the Spectacular Spider-Man!" line from an episode?

All networks are required to have e/i on the screen when the show has educational qualities, so they didn't have a choice on that matter. Like I said before though, I love how they incorporated it into the logo instead of putting it above it, to the left of it, or cadi-corner.

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
I find the current look of the block to be mind-numbingly boring.

Good content, though.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I'm kind of torn on the look. It's meant to be 'cool' and it succeeds in that respect. The overall concept is pretty clever too, with the CW4Kids being like a computer and with the different buttons performing different functions. However, it does get old really fast, as there's barely any variety in the new look.

The reflecting CW4Kids logo is kind of cool, though, especially during 5D's when you can see it best (because its aired in widescreen).

PC!

lolwut?
Yes, the block almost made me fall asleep.

That's a good way to put it. Sure, a block is only as good as the shows it airs, but when the packaging is so boring, it almost sucks some of the energy out of the shows. On the other hand, the more exciting the block's packaging, the more excited the viewer gets to see the shows featured on the block.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
That's a good way to put it. Sure, a block is only as good as the shows it airs, but when the packaging is so boring, it almost sucks some of the energy out of the shows. On the other hand, the more exciting the block's packaging, the more excited the viewer gets to see the shows featured on the block.

Look at my avatar. Exactly. Fox Kids, ruled.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
I'm kind of torn on the look. It's meant to be 'cool' and it succeeds in that respect. The overall concept is pretty clever too, with the CW4Kids being like a computer and with the different buttons performing different functions. However, it does get old really fast, as there's barely any variety in the new look.

The reflecting CW4Kids logo is kind of cool, though, especially during 5D's when you can see it best (because its aired in widescreen).
When I saw it, I just thought "OK whatever just get the the show or the ad or whatever!!!"
It quickly irritated me; no matter how much I love computers, that format's just not for me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts