DBZ Kai and New Voltron Headed to Nicktoons

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Well people think about it CN really could care less about volence, bad words as long as the shows getting them good ratings I remember in Pokemon Jesse called Pokemon Hunter J a "Hunter Hussy" also suprisingly enough pokemon hunter j's death scene wasn't censored it looked very grusome this is how it went

Pokemon hunter j's ship is struck by lightning>The ship catchs fire>The ship crashs in to a whirlpool>J's windows in the ship break and fludds the ship>the ship explodes and j's visor floats up to the surface j and her 70 or so soilders are killed CN did'nt even censor it that's awesome.

'Hussy' isn't a swear word; it's been spoken on Toon by the likes of Wilma Flintstone and Johnny Bravo's mother Bunny on numerous occasions, and character deaths are nothing new on kids' cartoons, plus the scene you described wasn't in any way graphic and perfectly acceptable on kid vid. In fact it's actually pretty tame, since you don't see any blood or bodies.

Neither of those things were censored because they didn't need to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Well people think about it CN really could care less about volence, bad words as long as the shows getting them good ratings I remember in Pokemon Jesse called Pokemon Hunter J a "Hunter Hussy" also suprisingly enough pokemon hunter j's death scene wasn't censored it looked very grusome this is how it went

Pokemon hunter j's ship is struck by lightning>The ship catchs fire>The ship crashs in to a whirlpool>J's windows in the ship break and fludds the ship>the ship explodes and j's visor floats up to the surface j and her 70 or so soilders are killed CN did'nt even censor it that's awesome.

Why would that scene need to be censored? There was no blood and no dead bodies were shown. Compared to the early Tom & Jerry shorts, that scene is no more violent than a paper cut. Also, as previously stated, "hussy" isn't a bad word. You can say "sucks" on kid-vid TV now, which is more taboo than "hussy".

I think in Naruto Rock Lee's achol was called elixir which is better then being called soda.
Substituting one acceptable word for another doesn't make something "mature". It's fine if you think that's cool, but there's nothing adult nor controversial about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don_East

A regular character.
Am I the only one here that's more interested in this new Voltron series than DBZ Kai? I just want to know if there's any info on it, I don't want this revival end up like Speed Racer: The Next Generation in terms of quality.

Dragonpiece

Another Kai promo is airing stating that the show will start May 24th, and will air Monday-Thursday. It will be on at 8pm. Also Sean Schemel said on his facebook that he hated the bruce falcouner music, but some of it will sadly be in the tv version.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Also Sean Schemel said on his facebook that he hated the bruce falcouner music, but some of it will sadly be in the tv version.

I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case and that the stuff on TV would have been things like English terminology. Still interested in how that will play out on TV. Just as long as the uncut DVDs uses the original music, the broadcast version can do whatever it wants.

FUNimation hasn't worked with Faulconer Productions for something like nine years, I doubt they're will be any replaced music in the TV dub.

PC!

lolwut?
Why would the dub have Faulconer music, anyway? I can't think of any objection Nicktoons would have with the original music.

And if they were going to replace the music, I'd imagine they'd recycle Nathan Johnson's music, if anything.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
People keep saying this, but the fact that Pokemon, Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's are still airing on Cartoon Network kind of sends that theory flying right out the window.

It only seems to be non toy-based shonen type anime that Toon isn't interested in showing right now.

Oh there's a great many more they're not interested in. Shoujo in it's entirety. Not many seinin's not even for Adult Swim. Nothing slice of life, no romantic comedies. Unless it's on Adult Swim the only anime they currently have and will show are the shounen monster battle shows that sell lots and lots of toys. But perhaps Deltora Quest will finally break that cycle.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
Another Kai promo is airing stating that the show will start May 24th, and will air Monday-Thursday. It will be on at 8pm. Also Sean Schemel said on his facebook that he hated the bruce falcouner music, but some of it will sadly be in the tv version.
I'm kind of glad that there will be some Faulconer music, though its probably not going to fit very well.

I'll get my coat.

Taekmkm

Ribbit
They have to use non-original music? Okay, I have to see this contract because this is beyond a simple edit for language.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Am I the only one here that's more interested in this new Voltron series than DBZ Kai? I just want to know if there's any info on it, I don't want this revival end up like Speed Racer: The Next Generation in terms of quality.

Well, this is all I've found on it so far, where this reporter at Coming Attractions scored a visit with World Events Productions. Not too many details are out yet, but it's something:

You are probably wondering what specific things I learned about the movie and show while there. While most of the highlights are bulleted above, I can elaborate a little. I have seen a fair portion of the design work for the Voltron Force cartoon, and I think it looks sharp. Each lion has a distinct look that, while it does not betray the look of the original lions, has been streamlined in such a way as not to look too out of place in the NickToons universe. (My favorite of the lion designs was probably Lance’s lion. That sucker had some fierce shoulder blades.) I would love to be able to share some of the designs with you or describe them in detail, but WEP (understandably) wants to keep them under wraps for the immediate future.
Speaking of those bullet points of his:

• The lions are sleek, and are recognizably Voltron.
  • There’s an expanded, interracial team.
  • All five post-Sven pilots are there (with a probable Sven cameo).
  • The show’s major villains will be returning.
  • Character design is vaguely reminiscent of (though not in a way I would say apes) Timm-verse DC.
  • The cartoon’s working title is now Voltron Force (not Voltron Panthera Force).
  • There’s an all-new voice cast.

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
which he replied,

"Nope! There will be the original Japanese music which is awesome, and the on air american release may feature some really crappy music from Canada.
Why must Canadian anime music suck all the time?
No offense to you personally, but I hated Bruce Falconer's music for DBZ."
Ouch....

So who started that stupid rumor anyway?

G.I Darkshooter

Trickle Under the Black Bullet
You know what this reminds me of? Battlefield Bad Company 2s callout on CoD Modern Warfare 2 thats what. With Nicktoons being BFBC 2 and Cartoon Network being MW2

SSJ Jake

Pony Sue is Pony
I just saw some clips of DBZ Kai and I must say that the dub really doesn't seem that bad. I prefer Colleen Clinkenbeard as young Gohan over Stephanie Nadolny. Her voice was way to deep for a 4 year old child. Monica Rial as Bulma could use some work though.

I'm also surprised that they kept the scene of the farmer with the gun and Raditz flicking the bullet back at him. Not sure if that will be edited on the actual Nicktoons channel or not, but it's still rather interesting that it was kept.

PC!

lolwut?
He said it in response to someone asking if dbkai would have any of Falconer's score in which he replied,

"Nope! There will be the original Japanese music which is awesome, and the on air american release may feature some really crappy music from Canada. No offense to you personally, but I hated Bruce Falconer's music for DBZ."

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=2328268374

That says nothing about Faulconer's music being used, especially since Faulconer Productions is located in Texas.

Really, I have no clue what Sean is talking about. "Crappy music from Canada"?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts