Dee And Friends In Oz (Netflix Jr. Show)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

A new preschool show based on The Wizard Of Oz called Dee And Friends In Oz is coming to Netflix next year. The showrunner is Halcyon Pearson and produced by Brown Bag Films and 9Story Media. She previously worked on shows they made like Rosie's Rules and Karma's World.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So I watched all 17 episodes over the past few days. I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I knew I'd like it, but not this much. There are two things that took me by surprise since none of the advertising showed it:

1. The show starts with a 45 minute pilot and has 16 episodes that are 22 minutes long.

2. The series is story driven. Of course, with this being a preschool show, each episode still tells a self contained story with a beginning, middle, and end, and positive messages are rooted in the show's foundation.

After the pilot, the show can be divided into two 8 episode arcs. We have the first arc about finding 4 gemstones that will bring back the Oz Loop and help bring everyone around Wonderland. Mr. Stuffley, the comedic sidekick in the pilot, acts as the main antagonist here, but he reforms before episode 8. The second arc is about finding the 4 pieces of the Oz crown before Miss Ruby (the main villain overall) can get it and become the Wizard Of Oz. Each episode has humor, heart, wonderful songs, with Dee's charismatic personality and willingness to help others shining through. If the show doesn't get more episodes, I'm fine with it since these episodes, which end with the main characters making their own counsel to help people, end the show on a good note.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts