International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Well, DC IT is doing something similar, but just on Thursdays nights (à la Throwback Thursdays in the US), although the rest of the nights they have some slightly older shows (Wizards, Suite Life on Deck, Hannah)

DC UK is doing better than this though, with That's So Raven and Sonny with a Chance almost every night

And to think DC UK used to be one of the feeds with the least variety..

Meanwhile though, DC UK still has that odd closedown at 12am..

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Back in 2005/2006/2007 they just aired O Clube das Chaves, O Bando dos Quatro, Art Attack PT and a couple of BRB shows at night. Shows like Phineas and Ferb never aired overnight.

Francisque

Here DC IT always had non-American/European productions overnight (at least after midnight/11pm), especially because most European DCs, especially those with a local team, prefer not to have an OFCOM licence, which lets you easily ignore this, unlike Turner (which however still decides to respect this law)
Notable DC IT overnight examples from the early 2000s are Minisoap and Popular Mechanics for Kids (Alla scoperta dei meccanismi; this one shown also during the early afternoon)

However, Disney Cinema France, since its inception, is broadcast with an OFCOM licence, since French law are rather strict when it comes to the amount of European/national shows being broadcast
DC France even got a fine for having not being able to respect this outside of the late night, in the early 2000s

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It sucks that Ketnet stopped airing Disney shows... I blame the existence of Disney Channel and the financial crisis. (Ketnet is still awesome, though)

They still have Kim Possible, Buzz Lightyear and many other Disney shows on their website, so there is still hope. Some pages even have a Dutch intro!

I am still hoping to see Rescue Rangers on Disney Junior Northern Europe. I have sent an email to Disney SE pretending to be a Finlandswedish child, but they've sent it to Disney FI, so I got an answer made by Google Translate with "We are glad you're enjoying Rescue Rangers!" :sweat: They even said sorry for using GT.

Francisque

It'd be great to see Kim Possible back .. that hasn't aired on Italian TV for a rather LONG time

But Disney shows (esp. recent ones) outside of the main Disney channels are barely seen these days, so it's not just Dutch TV

As for the teams behind the Disney mails, these are just so improfessional/ignorant about their task is embarassing :D

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I wouldn't mind them using GT if they'd said something like "We will send you suggestion to our schedule team!" instead of saying something completely useless xD

Oh well, it's better than Disney NL. They never answer at all and I am not even sure if they read any mails.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
But Disney shows (esp. recent ones) outside of the main Disney channels are barely seen these days, so it's not just Dutch TV
I don't think it's Disney's fault. Some channels still air their shows.

I get Kick Buttowski on Kadet
smiley_puke.gif

Our Czech friends get Timon and Pumbaa and Mickey Mouse on Décko.
Our Swedish mates get The Little Mermaid, Walt Disney shorts and Gummi Bears on SVT.
Our Dutch, German and Croatian companions get several Disney Junior shows on Zappelin, Super RTL and RTL Kockica.
And according to RandomMe, pretty much all our Latino amigos get a gazillion Disney shows.

We are just extremely unlucky xD

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
We too. Here in Portugal SIC airs a couple of Marvel shows, that's sadly it.

I wish that SIC was like Televicentro, La Tele, TC Televisión, RPC, whatever, could be SIC, could be RTP 1/2 if they reacquired the rights.

If I was from Nicaragua, I could watch Televicentro on weekend mornings instead of DC LA.
If I was from Peru, I could watch the Disney shows on La Tele every morning.
If I was from Ecuador, I could watch shows like Pepper Ann or Phineas and Ferb on TC Televisión.
If I was from Panama, I could watch Phineas and Ferb and the other cartoons on RPC every weekday morning.
If I was from the Dominican Republic, I could watch Phineas and Ferb before my lunch on Telesistema and wake up on weekends at 6 to watch Shnookums and Meat on Antena Latina.
And so on...

We are also extremely unlucky. For example: La Tele, RPC, TC Televisión and Telesistema even air cartoons on weekdays (including Phineas and Ferb) and SIC's Disney Kids never aired on weekdays! If RTP had the rights to air Phineas and Ferb, it would be well-treated, and Fish Hooks would be better on RTP 2!

And we have to blame the cable TV subscriptions here, that's the reason why RTP 1, SIC and TVI stopped having huge cartoon blocks.

Moleoman

Currently over here (in Poland) we got those series:
- On TV4: "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" and in few weeks also "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
- On TV6 (TV4's sister channel): it's just "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
- On Puls 2: "Ultimate Spider-Man", "Mickey Mouse and Friends", "Timon and Pumbaa".

Yeah, not very interesting (and currently no live-action Disney Channel Originals outside Disney channels in Poland). It also shows (stereotypically) that Polish broadcasters aside from showing majority of live-action productions in voice-over (even the ones which have proper Polish dub) also lack imagination as f.e. the same Disney series (f.e. "Adventures of the Gummi Bears" or "Timon and Pumbaa") have been shown on Polish terrestrial TV for a very long time.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Red Arrow :D, @Moleoman: That makes us three. With @mariosjaque from Chile and zero Disney shows on terrestrial TV in the country where he lives that makes us four.

I can't believe at the VIP treatment some Latin American nations get, we all have envy of those channels. It's very worse here in Portugal.

dclover

RTL Kockica - right now airs Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Ultimate Spiderman, Lego Star Wars: Droid tales (?). there is also dubbed Violetta.
RTL - Kim Possible and The Little Mermaid

RTL Kockica used to shown in last period Sofia the First and Phineas and Ferb along with Star Wars Rebels, while RTL aired Timon & Pumbaa, Aladdin and Tarzan.

In Serbia:

Happy TV airs Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Sofia the First.

In Slovenia:

Planet TV airs just subbed Violetta.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Star Wars: Rebels is yet to air on SIC, they already aired The Clone Wars for a while in 2008 (before Disney bought Lucasfilm).

But if RTP still aired and subtitled Disney shows, it would be known as "Guerra das Estrelas: Os Rebeldes".

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The KCAs were dubbed here since last year. Now I am thinking that it will be dubbed, subtitles are no longer big or clever on Disney Channel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts