International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

I don't understand they didn't launch it as a non-premium channel in some smaller European countries already in the late 90s/early 2000s (without the big movies and to a lesser extent the live presentation; which is what made it premium)

They could have been successful, more successful than the Fox Kids found in many Eastern European countries.. there were a few good shows many countries didn't have the chance to get, outside of the usual Disney blocks on the national channels, for instance

But Teamo Supremo is something one shouldn't want :D

The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show was barely shown on European Disney channels, however
The lack of appreciations for it made everyone forget about it

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't understand they didn't launch it as a non-premium channel in some smaller European countries already in the late 90s/early 2000s (without the big movies and to a lesser extent the live presentation; which is what made it premium)

They could have been successful, more successful than the Fox Kids found in many Eastern European countries.. there were a few good shows many countries didn't have the chance to get, outside of the usual Disney blocks on the national channels, for instance

But Teamo Supremo is something one shouldn't want :D
Agreed, but the Netherlands has had all old Disney shows (except Shnookums & Meat) despite not having any Disney network.

I am still trying to figure out if Flanders ever got Gargoyles or the Mighty Ducks, but it looks like all Flemish Gargoyles fans used to watch it in German or French :sweat: I have checked lots of old TV schedules.

Moleoman

Over here (Poland) it was like that:
- Cartoon Network launched in 1998 (platform-wise it was a Wizja TV exclusive along with launched earlier Fox Kids until 2002 when the platform merged with Cyfra+)
- Disney Channel in December 2006 (although the preparations for launch started a few years earlier, it launched first as Polish audio track of Disney Channel Scandinavia/Middle East/Africa)
- Nickelodeon in July 2008 (the Nickelodeon block on Zone Vision's "Fantastic" from 1999-2001 doesn't count).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Agreed, but the Netherlands has had all old Disney shows (except Shnookums & Meat) despite not having any Disney network.

I am still trying to figure out if Flanders ever got Gargoyles or the Mighty Ducks, but it looks like all Flemish Gargoyles fans used to watch it in German or French :sweat: I have checked lots of old TV schedules.
I don't think that those shows aired in Portugal (and also Disney's Marsupilami, we only got the French version of the show).

The two bolded shows are airing on Antena Latina in the Dominican Republic. I still have envy of those Latin American nations because of old Disney shows which haven't aired here in ages!

Francisque

We got this Disney Festival intro from April 2006 till 2007/2008.

@Francisque: Are these recycled DC bumpers, or recycled Toon Disney bumpers?
Disney Channel ones; the ones used during 1999 and 2003 in EMEA and internationally bar the US.. it's a mish mash of them :D

Toon Disney during 1999-2003 only used the idents of a limited graphic nature I posted before
The DC ones were much much more varied (and beautiful)

I don't think that those shows aired in Portugal (and also Disney's Marsupilami, we only got the French version of the show).

The two bolded shows are airing on Antena Latina in the Dominican Republic. I still have envy of those Latin American nations because of old Disney shows which haven't aired here in ages!
Mighty Ducks never made it on Italian TV either

Disney Marsupilami, meanwhile, only was shown for a rather limited time on Rai2

Some of the "flop" Disney series were not aired that much outside of the US

BTW you may be surprised to know that DC Italy during 2003 and 2004 used to show Lois and Clark: : The New Adventures of Superman, during the afternoons and later during the night

Last edited:

Francisque

DC IT aired it too, until 2004-2005, at the likes of 10pm

BTW a good news: That's So Raven returns as part of the regular schedule on DC IT every Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:25pm, starting in June

Francisque

BTW the ident at 0:24 was I think something created in house by Disney Channel Italy and not to be seen much elsewhere, for Italian Carnival
The one at 0:10 wasn't part of the regular bunch, but just for promoting Bugs

There were some more of them, not seen in this video

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Disney Channel ones; the ones used during 1999 and 2003 in EMEA and internationally bar the US.. it's a mish mash of them :D
I don't understand the one at 05:03 :sweat:
Mickey Mouse's head is a sun, but what are those ears? They look like ventilators.
BTW the ident at 0:24 was I think something created in house by Disney Channel Italy and not to be seen much elsewhere, for Italian Carnival
The creepy one :D
I'm afraid of old CGI with flashy colours.

Francisque

Yes, they're ventilators (or fans); it's a rather "abstract" ident, but it's part of the charm

DC during that time had one of the best graphic packages to be seen on kids channels (if not the best), without a doubt.. the worldwide rebrand which followed in 2003 wasn't bad, but much more limited

After some initial excitement for the rebrand (I even remember the day they rebranded; they were even promoting the logo change one week before it) I was a bit disappointed..

But hey, I could understand it they wanted to create a new logo etc. just create more idents than just 2 or 3..

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Yes, they're ventilators (or fans); it's a rather "abstract" ident, but it's part of the charm

DC during that time had one of the best graphic packages to be seen on kids channels (if not the best), without a doubt.. the worldwide rebrand which followed in 2003 wasn't bad, but much more limited

After some initial excitement for the rebrand (I even remember the day they rebranded; they were even promoting the logo change one week before it) I was a bit disappointed..
In my opinion nothing can beat the Blocks era from CN :D (2001-2006)

Francisque

In my opinion the two cannot be "compared" after all, in spite of what I have written some time ago :D..

They were both great graphics but also different beasts, with somehow different targets

Cartoon Network with a"crazy/random" and somehow colours-plain but very creative look and Disney Channel with a more "average" kids channel look

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
BTW a good news: That's So Raven returns as part of the regular schedule on DC IT every Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:25pm, starting in June
Once again, I am patiently waiting for the day DC PT, thanks to the fact that they have a huge viewership base in Angola and Mozambique, will stop airing European shows at night and will air old shows.

But that isn't likely to happen.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
EXCITING NEWS! DC PT will FINALLY air the Weirdmageddon on June 1st at 17:15 (as "Estranhadão")! And they will air it all at once!

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Here's are some continuities from Toon Disney France from ca. 2002:
And also, not much of the German versions of Toon Disney and Playhouse Disney have surfaced on the internet, and not much of Playhouse Disney in Latin America (I believe that they used the European/Asian/Australian Island/House ID's), Italy, Japan, and Scandinavia before 2007 have surfaced either, and speaking of Latin America, I wish they had Toon Disney there, but I think I remember reading Wikipedia once and seeing a Mexican version of Toon Disney, but I believe that it isn't true, and speaking of Spanish speaking countries, I haven't seen much of Toon Disney in Spain on the internet either.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Breaking news: DC FL stopped airing third-party shows at night!
Finally, after more than 7 years of those same few cartoons no one liked.

I have sent them an email, suggesting 4 old cartoons :D I have hope again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts