International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
As already explained, DC ES (in order to keep their terrestrial license) has become a little bit like DC TR, with similar scheduling but still airing live-actions. A terrestrial DXD and DJ would cost them an arm and a leg.

Also, cool website design they've just implemented.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
CZHU uploaded to YouTube half of the first episode of Soy Luna, a preview of Star Darlings and the music video for Stuck In The Middle:

I love the localization on the online videos. Want to finally see this on TV!

OT: You guys also have bad weather this weekend? Very hot and humid? /OT

JedEmily

CZHU uploaded to YouTube half of the first episode of Soy Luna, a preview of Star Darlings and the music video for Stuck In The Middle:

I love the localization on the online videos. Want to finally see this on TV!

OT: You guys also have bad weather this weekend? Very hot and humid? /OT

OT: we've had the strange weather all summer. It's warm but it's rainy but at the same time it's sunny and cold and then it 24 degrees

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
Guys, what would you do if your favorite show repeats from the first episode with completely different title in your language and some cast changes? Well, you can't imagine the situation like that but on Friday, September 9, that will come reality on DC Korea.

Yes, Gravity Falls, which known as 'Dipper and Mable's Mystery Adventure (디퍼와 메이블의 미스터리 모험)' in Korean and had suddenly disappeared from DC Korea's schedule since April, will be back on Friday, September 9 at 7:30pm with brand new Korean title, 'Freak Family Myth Diary (괴짜 가족 괴담 일기)' and the change of an actor who voices Dipper. Some fans say that is the title for the special episode of Gravity Falls but as seen on the promo which contains the scenes from older episodes, I assume that they will air the entire series from the very first episode. I'll watch this 'new' series closely and post here if there will be other changes such as censorship.

And here are some latest promos uploaded on DC Korea's official YouTube channel.

- Theater Disney in September: Best Soundtrack Special

- Theater Disney: Alice in Wonderland (airs Friday, September 9 at 8pm in conjunction with the opening of Alice Through the Looking Glass in Korean theaters on September 7)

- Descendants: Wicked World (premieres Sunday, September 11 at 5:30pm followed by Descendants movie at 6pm)

Also in case you missed it, here are the latest DC & DXD news from the US media:

- E! News: Meet Descendants 2's Newest Villain Offspring: Captain Hook's Son, Harry
- Entertainment Weekly: Descendants 2 casts Gaston’s son — exclusive
- TV by the Numbers: Disney Channel movie ‘The Swap’ gets October premiere (Exclusive)
- Entertainment Weekly: Liv and Maddie gets new title for final season — exclusive
- IndieWire: ‘Milo Murphy’s Law’: Hear ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic Sing the Theme Song to New Disney Cartoon (video)
- IGN: Ultimate Spider-Man Introducing Spider-Gwen into Animation in "Return to the Spider-Verse" Storyline
- HollywoodLife.com: ‘Descendants 2’ Casts Anna Cathcart As Drizella’s Daughter

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Guys, what would you do if your favorite show repeats from the first episode with completely different title in your language and some cast changes? Well, you can't imagine the situation like that but on Friday, September 9, that will come reality on DC Korea.

Yes, Gravity Falls, which known as 'Dipper and Mable's Mystery Adventure (디퍼와 메이블의 미스터리 모험)' in Korean and had suddenly disappeared from DC Korea's schedule since April, will be back on Friday, September 9 at 7:30pm with brand new Korean title, 'Freak Family Myth Diary (괴짜 가족 괴담 일기)' and the change of an actor who voices Dipper. Some fans say that is the title for the special episode of Gravity Falls but as seen on the promo which contains the scenes from older episodes, I assume that they will air the entire series from the very first episode. I'll watch this 'new' series closely and post here if there will be other changes such as censorship.
This happened here with The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
RTP called it As Aventuras Horripilantes do Beto e da Mena.
CN PT calls it As Terríveis Aventuras de Billy e Mandy.

But with Gravity Falls? Come on...

And The Weirdmageddon didn't premiere there yet, right? I think it was dubbed by the old team.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
This happened here with The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
RTP called it As Aventuras Horripilantes do Beto e da Mena.
CN PT calls it As Terríveis Aventuras de Billy e Mandy.

But with Gravity Falls? Come on...

And The Weirdmageddon didn't premiere there yet, right? I think it was dubbed by the old team.
Maybe Korean parents complained about it, or Korean fans of the show hated the dub (just like what happened with one dub of KaBlam and the Arabic Simpsons dub).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe Korean parents complained about it, or Korean fans of the show hated the dub (just like what happened with one dub of KaBlam and the Arabic Simpsons dub).
I don't know exactly.

But two different dubs on the same channel is something that I can't tolerate. Usually this happens when a show moves to another channel and has a completely different dub due to rights issues.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

NPO1 had to redub The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh back in the day. Disney didn't like the first dub.

I grew up with the second dub and I find the second Pooh great. In the first version he sounded depressed :sweat:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
DC DE recently premiered The Flintstones. This was already explained on the Boomerang International News Thread that with the dominance of FTA television in the country, there's this trend to premiere shows on incorrect kids channels. Here's a promo:

Checkerboard

Wow. Flintstones on Disney Channel. Okay. Haha.

On another note, RRTV (our TV/Radio broadcasting regulator) has sent a query to The Walt Disney Company asking why Disney Channel CZHU is having commercial breaks during shows shorter than 30 minutes. They should just launch a CZSK feed already and solve everything.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

I wonder what it means (what the explanation will be) and what will be the consequences. I don't know any other channel here that does that except for Comedy Central and sometimes Prima Cool. All the other channels (except HBO/AMC/CT/JOJ Cinema/Filmbox/Film+) go into a break if a show is longer than 30 minutes; usually 40m-1h+ in length.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
DC DE recently premiered The Flintstones. This was already explained on the Boomerang International News Thread that with the dominance of FTA television in the country, there's this trend to premiere shows on incorrect kids channels. Here's a promo:
Disney Channel in Germany also aired Rugrats, or at least that was what it said on the International Disney Channel schedules thread.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Disney Channel in Germany also aired Rugrats, or at least that was what it said on the International Disney Channel schedules thread.
Jetix DE aired The Simpsons and The Cramp Twins, so it's not new.
Maybe that's why they don't use the dots in the logo. Because it's not really Disney Channel. It's Family Channel in disguise xD
It was the original concept of the logo before DC DE made their FTA launch. Literally when the channel formally "relaunched".

officialcanmrt

Disney Channel Turkey, opened the Movie Zone for Children and young people.

For Children and Families:
-Family Movies Evening Promo (every friday):

For Young People:
-Adventure Movies Evening Promo(every monday):

But the Disney Channel Turkey ONLY still are running animation. (Only Disney Junior Series)
(Princess Sofia,Captain Jake,Goldie&Bear,Loopdidoo,Miles from Tomarrow and more...)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I can't decide if it's better or worser than DC PT. Sure, it only airs animated series, but without live-action shows they could just simply call it "Toon Disney".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts