Disney Channel Weekend Late-Night Schedule Change

Edward15

To The Toons Of The 2000's!
Well, everyone, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it looks like Disney has finally removed the old shows we use to like. That's right. That's So Raven, The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody, The Replacements, The Emperor's New School, The Proud Family, American Dragon: Jake Long, and yes, even Kim Possible have apparently been removed from the nighttime line up and replaced by the new shows. Stinks doesn't it? If anyone has any information on this, please share it with me. I don't know if I'll ever be happy again if I don't see KP again! If only those dopes could realize that show belongs on Disney XD!

Kaveh77

In my opinion

That's So Raven: Good show but seen all of the episodes
The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody: Crap not funny
The Replacements: ok
The Emperor's New School: eh not as good as the movies
The Proud Family: ok show seemed like they stereotyped everyone
American Dragon: Jake Long: Great show but only 2 seasons

Well what did you expect? That they would show these shows until the end of DisneyChannel ? :shrug: All good things come to an end eventually

BTW Suite life, and American Dragon are still on Disney XD

Michael24

Staff member
When was this "official?" I was just flipping through the channels late (very late) a couple nights ago and came across an episode of Kim Possible, and even Lizzie McGuire within the last week or so.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Considering that all of those shows ended years ago and most of them are on their late night lineup, it isn't too surprising that they took them off the lineup. They obviously weren't going to put them back in afternoon or prime time slots since they weren't in production anymore. It would have been cool to use those animated shows for an afterschool block instead of airing them when most kids are sleeping, but they obviously weren't interested in doing that.

I am kind of surprised that they got rid of the Suite Life since the Suite Life On Deck seems to be doing well. I thought that Disney Channel would want to keep both series on. I guess that wasn't the case. It is a shame that they aren't airing Kim Possible or American Dragon since those were my favorite Disney Channel animated series, but I haven't been able to see them in ages due to how late they air them.

EDIT: I actually just checked the channel listings on my TV and they still have all of the shows mentioned still in their late-night timeslots. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was mistaken, but I also wonder where this information originally came from.

Edward15

When was this "official?" I was just flipping through the channels late (very late) a couple nights ago and came across an episode of Kim Possible, and even Lizzie McGuire within the last week or so.
I know. It just happened all of a sudden. KP was on all week, but when Friday night came around, BAM! Instead, it was Hannah Montana! Last night, it was Wizards Of Waverly Place, and right now, it's The Suite Life On Deck on in the timeslot KP had. Considering that it seems to be a revolving thing with different shows airing during the timeslots on different nights, perhaps this is just a thing they're now doing on the weekends and the regular shows we're use to seeing will be on the weekdays. Hey, I'm trying to maintain my hope here.

Collie

Total Drama Llama
Well, of all those shows, the only ones I'd miss even a little would be KP and The Emperor's New School, so one way or the other, not a huge loss for me. I might miss Jake if it hadn't been for that Season 2 art downturn, though.

Uncle Beaglebub

Black Jack
KP: MIA

Kim's abscence has started a mild rumble among her fans across the web. I'm glad someone besides me misses her.

Question is, will anyone care enough to do something about it?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Well, this news hardly comes as a shock, seeing as how all of those shows ceased production years ago. Disney wasn't just going to show the reruns ad infinitum. What Disney Channel should do is devote it's late night hours to the "classic" programming, the old theatrical shorts and so forth. Bring back Vault Disney. That would prove that the Mouse House has been listening to viewer requests.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I don't know if I'll ever be happy again if I don't see KP again! If only those dopes could realize that show belongs on Disney XD!

The main thing standing in the way of Kim Possible airing on Disney XD is the lack of a Y-chromosome in its' lead character. While the show itself has unisex appeal, Kim Possible stars a girl, and DXD wants to be known as the boys' Disney Channel.

(Mind you, they have aired Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior and Pucca for a brief time.)

Master Toon

That's So Raven - Sad but it is kinda old so it's not a big deal.

The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody - Since when did people like this? I thought it was a part of the evil Hannah Montana tween takeover of Disney.

The Replacements - And you know this for fact? How?

The Emperor's New School - See: The Replacements.

The Proud Family - I think this comes on two other channels. One of which I don't watch and one of which I watch quite often.

American Dragon: J - See: The Emperor's New School.

Kim Possible: See: That's so Raven.

Kim's abscence has started a mild rumble among her fans across the web. I'm glad someone besides me misses her.

1 - How could you be glad someone besides you misses her when you hang out here at TZ and already knew about her fans on the web?

2 - Do what about what? It's not some grave injustice that has taken place.

The main thing standing in the way of Kim Possible airing on Disney XD is the lack of a Y-chromosome in its' lead character. While the show itself has unisex appeal, Kim Possible stars a girl, and DXD wants to be known as the boys' Disney Channel.

(Mind you, they have aired Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior and Pucca for a brief time.)

Maybe it's the action scenes. Kim doesn't really get hit a lot. At least in Wendy Wu there was some decent action. Or maybe it's just a matter of time until she pops up on XD. I certainly wouldn't mind and I'm like XD's biggest fan.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
well it is sad to see the toons go...but zack & cody was a very poorly written, just downright unfunny show...just like all hte other disney sh...er i mean sitcoms. as for raven...yeah it was OK here & there, but no big loss.

J. B. Warner

Increasing my wordiness
Damn it. Considering Disney's lackadaisical attitude towards releasing seasonal sets of their animated shows, I guess this means "Kim Possible" will never be seen again. Wonderful, another brilliant Disney show officially doomed to eternal obscurity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
The Disney Channel: the bootleg DVD merchant's dream.

Wait...why is the original poster crying over That's So Raven? How old is he?

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
As far as the reruns go, I'm still wondering why it doesn't occur to the network to simply rotate their reruns rather than playing them frequently and dropping them later (This applies to XD as well).

For instance, Kim Possible could simply air in rotation with American Dragon for a total of 139 episodes. Air The Little Mermaid, The Emperor's New School and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (Toy Story 3 is coming out afterall) in rotation for a total of 146 episodes.

In the case of Disney XD, they could easily keep the Spider-Man cartoons fresh by simply airing all of the shows as one packaged series. Between all of them (minus the MTV Series), you have 206 episodes.

That's So Raven - Sad but it is kinda old so it's not a big deal.

The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody - Since when did people like this? I thought it was a part of the evil Hannah Montana tween takeover of Disney.

The Replacements - And you know this for fact? How?

The Emperor's New School - See: The Replacements.

The Proud Family - I think this comes on two other channels. One of which I don't watch and one of which I watch quite often.

American Dragon: J - See: The Emperor's New School.

Kim Possible: See: That's so Raven.

1 - How could you be glad someone besides you misses her when you hang out here at TZ and already knew about her fans on the web?

2 - Do what about what? It's not some grave injustice that has taken place.

Maybe it's the action scenes. Kim doesn't really get hit a lot. At least in Wendy Wu there was some decent action. Or maybe it's just a matter of time until she pops up on XD. I certainly wouldn't mind and I'm like XD's biggest fan.

I could actually get behind Disney's assumption if the ratings for the male audience were subpar, but wasn't the show officially a success with both genders in terms of ratings?

Edward15

KP: MIA

Kim's abscence has started a mild rumble among her fans across the web.

Really? I've tried searching the web a few times, and nothing on that subject has come up. Can you direct me?

I'm glad someone besides me misses her.

Ditto. I was beginning to think I was the only KP fan out there who actually cared that she was missing.

Not even with Ron's major show of power in 'Graduation'? I mean seriously. Despite the titular character being a female, this show has as much action as any male cartoon.

Damn it. Considering Disney's lackadaisical attitude towards releasing seasonal sets of their animated shows, I guess this means "Kim Possible" will never be seen again. Wonderful, another brilliant Disney show officially doomed to eternal obscurity.

Is that a serious comment? A few boards I've been to have been sarcastic when it comes to KP being pulled.

Four words: Fight For Kim Possible

Wait...why is the original poster crying over That's So Raven? How old is he?

Who's crying? I was just point out that Raven was in the same boat as the other shows.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Edward15 said:
Four words: Fight For Kim Possible

How? Online petitions don't work, and since there aren't going to be any more new episodes, it's doubtful that TDC will air the series at a peak viewing hour again.

Honestly, I think that a hand written letter requesting a DVD release of Kim Possible would be the most reasonable course of action.

Alec

Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan
I just checked the Disney Channel online scheudle and it shows all of the shows mentioned in the nighttime line-up as they were before (Mon. thru Thursday). On weekend's (Fri. Sat. Sun.) They air the current programming as it is now, but we all know DIsney Channel needs a better schedule.

Disney Chanel has had the (2:00-4:00 one show, 4:00-6:00 one show) block for almost a year and a half now, and they keep airing the same episodes over. They need the a new schedule:

As in this:

Shows change up rotation everyday in a differen order:
12:00-1:30: Disney Channel Movie
1:30: SLOZ&C
2:00: SLOD
2:30: SLOD
3:00: WOWP
3:30: WOWP
4:00: SWAC
4:30: SWAC
5:00: HM
5:30: HM
6:00: P&F
6:30: P&F
Then the nighttimeline-up Mon. - Thurs.
7:00: WOWP
7:30: HM
8:00-9:30 Disney Channel Movie
9:30: P&F
10:00: WOWP (repeat from 7)
10:30 HM (repeat form 7:30)
11:00: P&F
11:30: SLOD
12:00: SLOZ&C
12:30: TSR
1:00: CITH
1:30: KP
2:00: The Replacements
2:30: TENSchool
Etc.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Honestly, I think that a hand written letter requesting a DVD release of Kim Possible would be the most reasonable course of action.

I agree. Kim Possible had a fourth season with a pretty decent finale and while seeing new episodes with Kim and Ron in college sounds pretty cool to me, it's pretty unlikely to happen. Asking for the whole series to be released on DVD sounds a bit more likely to happen than airing it in a decent timeslot again. Especially since fans could watch the episodes whenever they wanted to, instead of being limited by the timeslots on the channel.

Edward15

I just checked the Disney Channel online scheudle and it shows all of the shows mentioned in the nighttime line-up as they were before (Mon. thru Thursday). On weekend's (Fri. Sat. Sun.) They air the current programming as it is now, but we all know DIsney Channel needs a better schedule.

Disney Chanel has had the (2:00-4:00 one show, 4:00-6:00 one show) block for almost a year and a half now, and they keep airing the same episodes over. They need the a new schedule:

As in this:

Shows change up rotation everyday in a differen order:
12:00-1:30: Disney Channel Movie
1:30: SLOZ&C
2:00: SLOD
2:30: SLOD
3:00: WOWP
3:30: WOWP
4:00: SWAC
4:30: SWAC
5:00: HM
5:30: HM
6:00: P&F
6:30: P&F
Then the nighttimeline-up Mon. - Thurs.
7:00: WOWP
7:30: HM
8:00-9:30 Disney Channel Movie
9:30: P&F
10:00: WOWP (repeat from 7)
10:30 HM (repeat form 7:30)
11:00: P&F
11:30: SLOD
12:00: SLOZ&C
12:30: TSR
1:00: CITH
1:30: KP
2:00: The Replacements
2:30: TENSchool
Etc.

That schedule better be accurate, otherwise a bunch of nostalgic fans will probably go bananas.

FFmax

Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
This is so annoying, why does Disney feel the need to shove all these crappy sitcom shows down our throats and neglect the toons?:mad:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts