Disney Channel Weekend Late-Night Schedule Change

Edward15

To The Toons Of The 2000's!
This is so annoying, why does Disney feel the need to shove all these crappy sitcom shows down our throats and neglect the toons?:mad:
Yeah, even dismantling the one channel they had that was suppose to be reserved for toons!

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
This is so annoying, why does Disney feel the need to shove all these crappy sitcom shows down our throats and neglect the toons?:mad:

The answer is YES.....YES THEY DO.

I mean, if they wanted to, they could easily put all the Y2K disney toons on Season sets on DVD..but they won't why...oh not becuase they don't have the money...I mean their freakin DISNEY for pete's sake...its because they don't' care enough about Animation fans anymore....I mean.....yea..they don't even have the courtisty to show the english dub of the stitch anime in the US....You know, I was really hoping at the advent of the new decade they would quite this teeny booper Sitcom BS...and go back to the good stuff....but somthing tales me that if that happens at alll...it won't be for a bit longer...which....IMPO...is rather sad!:mad::sad::sweat:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I mean, if they wanted to, they could easily put all the Y2K disney toons on Season sets on DVD..but they won't why...oh not becuase they don't have the money...I mean their freakin DISNEY for pete's sake...its because they don't' care enough about Animation fans anymore....I mean.....yea..they don't even have the courtisty to show the english dub of the stitch anime in the US....You know, I was really hoping at the advent of the new decade they would quite this teeny booper Sitcom BS...and go back to the good stuff....but somthing tales me that if that happens at alll...it won't be for a bit longer...which....IMPO...is rather sad!:mad::sad::sweat:

Considering that the sales of their cartoons from the 90s lowered with each release, can you really blame them for being hesitant to do more Season Sets?

If you want Disney to put more attention on cartoons, you need to spend any money you can afford on the DVDs/merchandise they did release. Purchasing the upcoming Darkwing Duck comic could help.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
I just checked my cable box schedule and all the same shows are on Disney Channel's late-night schedule (Kim Possible, Cory in the House, That's So Raven, etc), same as they always were and same as it says on zap2it.com as of now. Considering that there's a lot of evidence that says the lineup hasn't changed and no evidence presented whatsoever of any planned changes, I'm locking this thread because it's discussing what seems to be completely false information in elaborate detail.

If anyone has any verifiable evidence at all that these schedule changes are happening or what the schedule will change to, PM me and I will re-open this thread.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
alec2011 let me know that the change seems to be for the weekends on Disney Channel, although zap2it is reporting that it's affecting Fridays for him, but not for me. Either way, I think it's enough to re-open the thread after a title change to make it more descriptive and accurate.

Kim Possible, That's So Raven, &c ARE NOT removed from the Disney Channel late night timeslots for at least Monday-Thursday, so it would seem that the lamenting that they're gone and speculation on why they were pulled would seem to be moot at this point, but if you want to continue along those lines, feel free :p.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Let's just all be thankful they still show Kim Possible Mon-Thurs late-night. As well as a few others like Replacements & The Emperor's New School.:D

No matter where I watch them, on TV or online, I'll always love Ron & Kim!!!:):anime::D I'll also always enjoy my fave villain duo, Drakken & Shego!:p:D Let's also not forget about Wade and Monique as well.:anime::D

Kaveh77

Guys if you hate tween sitcoms that much just change it to XD or Adult Swim for some late night animation.

Edward15

You know, I wouldn't be half as upset about this weekend thing if it weren't for the fact that they're skipping the episodes that would've aired those nights! I mean look, last week, they skipped, Chasing Rufus/Nursery Crimes, Cap'n Drakken, and Mother's Day, the third of which I was particularly upset about because that only airs once a year! Now after this weekend, they're going straight back to the first weekend. That means that they're skipping over Larry's Birthday, which doesn't really bother me, but they're also skipping both parts of Graduation! Come on! I like those episodes. Granted, I'm not very keen on them being the final two episodes, but I still like them particularly because they make up for the lack of focus on Kim and Ron's love life and they give Ron is shinning moment (no pun intended). From what I've seen of the future guide, KP will be back on the weekend next week. However, I'm curious as to why they did this in first place.

Edward15

Guys, things have just taken a terrible turn! I was going to watch Kim Possible at 12:30 like I usually do, but instead I find Wizards Of Waverly Place on! That means that Disney has gone and taken the shows completely off the timeslot! I can't believe they actually went and did this! The shows they have airing in their timeslots already had plenty of times to air during the daytime. Why did they feel they needed to take the slots of shows that barely air at all?! As of right now, Disney has officially died.

SurgeV1

In other words, Gargoyles comes on in 2 minutes. Sigh. It's all we've got.

Edward15

Guys, you're not going to believe this! It looks like the entire guide for Disney Channel is off. Right now, it says that Wizards Of Waverly Place is suppose to be one, but instead, it's the Suite Of Zack and Cody! That might mean that all our other old shows might be airing earlier in the day! Somebody monitor Disney Channel and report back to us with the accurate schedule!

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
First off, they moved KP to 1:30 a.m. and, you better check it out tonight, because there's a new overnight lineup that takes effect July 1. The only animated shows left on the weekday schedule are:

3:00 am -- an hour of Phineas & Ferb
4:00 am -- an hour of The Little Mermaid
5:00 am -- an hour of Lilo & Stitch

All of the others -- KP, Jake Long, Replacements, Proud Family, Emp. New School and Recess -- will be gone.

On the weekends, there will be a movie at 2:30 am, with Playhouse Disney shows on afterwards.

Edward15

First off, they moved KP to 1:30 a.m. and, you better check it out tonight, because there's a new overnight lineup that takes effect July 1. The only animated shows left on the weekday schedule are:

3:00 am -- an hour of Phineas & Ferb
4:00 am -- an hour of The Little Mermaid
5:00 am -- an hour of Lilo & Stitch

All of the others -- KP, Jake Long, Replacements, Proud Family, Emp. New School and Recess -- will be gone.

On the weekends, there will be a movie at 2:30 am, with Playhouse Disney shows on afterwards.
I knew KP was on at 1:30! That's the time I've been seeing at for about two years!

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
Well, I watched at 1:30AM and it was... Wizards of Waverly Place. Guess Disney Channel made the changes soon than expected. Sadly, no schedule updates were sent out in advance for this. :(

These new changes (that were suppose to start Monday) are pretty bad. Lots of shows gone, and just the same shows over and over and over again. They've even adopted the Nickelodeon schedule method of multiple episodes in a row---everyday. Phineas and Ferb, for example, airs weekdays from 9-11AM now.

Edward15

Well, I watched at 1:30AM and it was... Wizards of Waverly Place. Guess Disney Channel made the changes soon than expected. Sadly, no schedule updates were sent out in advance for this.

These new changes (that were suppose to start Monday) are pretty bad. Lots of shows gone, and just the same shows over and over and over again. They've even adopted the Nickelodeon schedule method of multiple episodes in a row---everyday. Phineas and Ferb, for example, airs weekdays from 9-11AM now.

Glad someone agrees that this thing stinks. Except for the fact that KP, ADJL, and the other good animated shows that we liked for ten years were confined to just airing after midnight, the t.v schedule was fine just the was it was (prior to their little stunt with the weekends) and then they go and pull this stunt.:( What was the point of it?! It looks like another good era of Disney has been swept unceremoniously under the rug, But the good news is that it seems like Lilo and Stitch are still around (for now anyway). Still, KP was as popular as them. Shouldn't she still be around too? I guess it would be too much to hope for that this whole thing is just a reversal of what they've been doing for the past few weeks.

Kool345

Starting at 8/7c on ABC
Come on Disney Channel, we have enough Phineas and Ferb. I was just starting to get back into The Proud Family, Kim Possible and Recess.

FTPC

Look I don't Care, I just X D for Nautro here currenty and All I request that XD Should moved Shippduen back to saturday or Have XD on demand and Show reairs of Nautro there,..Or better yet Just give it To nicktoons.

So my main question is when Is XD going to have those Saturday night Naturo Blocks again?

Dragonpiece

Do you guys think maybe for their preschool channel they will add some of there old cartoons? Like House Of Mouse, Kim Possible and the Proud family? I think they would be age apropiate.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts