Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Moe

Bob Iger won after he beat Nelson Peltz in shareholder vote battle

That's good thing because I despise Nelson Peltz due to his philosophy, also I'm still not fan of Bob Iger tho.

Pretty surreal moment :p.
It looks like WBD crashed their bike on wall as DC movies goes to Disney+. Zaslav don't care because he wants $$$$$.

Mandouga

"Entertain, not send messages", huh?

And yet, their most recent stuff has (seemingly) been doing just that (sending messages, i mean):

"You need to do what your parents tell you without question, even if they're wrong."

"If they say you can't watch a movie, even if it's one of ours, then you need to listen to them, even if they're wrong."

"They know what's best for you, EVEN IF THEY'RE WRONG."

You see a pattern here? Oh yeah, they've been doing a real good job of "entertaining" everyone. [/sarcasm] I'm sorry, but I have to say this (and I know there will be disagreements): the kind of "entertainment" they've been giving everyone, is not what Walt would have done. In any case, preaching what basically amounts to blind obedience isn't "entertaining" at all, no matter where a movie or show comes from, let alone Disney; and by "Disney", I mean "Disney", and not one of their other labels.

With this in mind, when I say "one of [theirs]", I'm referring their animated classics, but this especially applies to the ones that were given PG ratings when they should have been G ratings (The Black Cauldron [1985], is a special exception, however); just saying, and I don't want to start a discussion here.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
"Entertain, not send messages", huh?

And yet, their most recent stuff has (seemingly) been doing just that (sending messages, i mean):

"You need to do what your parents tell you without question, even if they're wrong."

"If they say you can't watch a movie, even if it's one of ours, then you need to listen to them, even if they're wrong."

"They know what's best for you, EVEN IF THEY'RE WRONG."

You see a pattern here? Oh yeah, they've been doing a real good job of "entertaining" everyone. [/sarcasm] I'm sorry, but I have to say this (and I know there will be disagreements): the kind of "entertainment" they've been giving everyone, is not what Walt would have done. In any case, preaching what basically amounts to blind obedience isn't "entertaining" at all, no matter where a movie or show comes from, let alone Disney; and by "Disney", I mean "Disney", and not one of their other labels.

With this in mind, when I say "one of [theirs]", I'm referring their animated classics, but this especially applies to the ones that were given PG ratings when they should have been G ratings (The Black Cauldron [1985], is a special exception, however); just saying, and I don't want to start a discussion here.
I really think Bob Iger needs to go sooner than 2026. I just wish Roy E. Disney's children would do something about it, like starting a third "Save Disney" campaign. I mean, they threw in their support for Iger in the proxy battle recently.

Reactions: Moe

Moe

I really think Bob Iger needs to go sooner than 2026. I just wish Roy E. Disney's children would do something about it, like starting a third "Save Disney" campaign. I mean, they threw in their support for Iger in the proxy battle recently.
I hopefully Bob Iger is out sooner and his tool didn't help to get Disney out of depression, but his tool worked when Disney had renaissance in most of 2010s but definitely not after streaming era started. Until end of 2015, Disney's first-run films (animated and live action) went to Starz for 2 years and second-run live action films went to TBS/TNT after 2 years ends and animated films went Disney/ABC/Freeform. As for 2016-2018, their first-run films goes to Netflix and second-run are unchanged until Disney+ launched, so films stay there, so after 1-2 years, new films start to air on Disney owned networks.

It has to be someone who have extensive experience in animation to compete with Universal's DreamWorks Animation and Illumination that made a lot of money and outperformed the Disney/Pixar animated movies.

I do think that Disney is just past the worst depression, so on path to recovery within few years, so 2021-2022 was horrible.

harry580

I hopefully Bob Iger is out sooner and his tool didn't help to get Disney out of depression, but his tool worked when Disney had renaissance in most of 2010s but definitely not after streaming era started. Until end of 2015, Disney's first-run films (animated and live action) went to Starz for 2 years and second-run live action films went to TBS/TNT after 2 years ends and animated films went Disney/ABC/Freeform. As for 2016-2018, their first-run films goes to Netflix and second-run are unchanged until Disney+ launched, so films stay there, so after 1-2 years, new films start to air on Disney owned networks.

It has to be someone who have extensive experience in animation to compete with Universal's DreamWorks Animation and Illumination that made a lot of money and outperformed the Disney/Pixar animated movies.

I do think that Disney is just past the worst depression, so on path to recovery within few years, so 2021-2022 was horrible.
and maybe someone who have extensive experience in animation can be Chris wedge (or Carlos Saldanha)

harry580

guys, we're getting Toon Disney back. I'm kidding obviously......unless.....
place your bets that Jetix will come back and will be used to show family friendly programming that are not disney like Jetix, saban, sip animation, fox kids, those filmation shows 20th century fox television produced like fantastic voyage & journey into the center of the earth, fox animation studios & blue sky studios

Mandouga

The article that the twitter post posted is behind a pay wall; I just thought you should know.

Also, this isn’t exactly new. Paramount+ has been doing it for some time now; Peacock too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstar!

All right-y!
Quite frankly, I don't see the appeal of just having a streaming service running in the background while I do other things. That's what plain old TV is for. However, I get why Disney is doing this; they want Disney+ to be profitable, and also they want D+ to be everyone's go-to hub for Disney owned content, so I can't fault them for that.

What this says to me is that line between cable and streaming is getting more blurred each year.

Francisque

Quite frankly, I don't see the appeal of just having a streaming service running in the background while I do other things. That's what plain old TV is for. However, I get why Disney is doing this; they want Disney+ to be profitable, and also they want D+ to be everyone's go-to hub for Disney owned content, so I can't fault them for that.

What this says to me is that line between cable and streaming is getting more blurred each year.
I can kind of see where they're coming from

Plus, they can put some advertising in-between (of course not much), so that can generate more revenues
Many people still like the "lighter" I'll watch whatever is on approach, but still aren't prone to watch a lot of advertising in order to do that

This will be a response to this appetite

Voyage revivial, let's go?!? (France only, but if it does happen...)
Maybe a Travel fast channel or something could work
But the revival of the Voyage channel altogether, not really I think : )

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Coming to Disney Plus in May,
new Doctor Who
The Beach Boys

also Hulu because you know why

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts