Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

harry580

Pretty much. I hope Hulu keeps doing more of that. Imagine if Infinity Train and Close Enough will be on Hulu. That'll get people talking again.
yeah, maybe if that is the case, maybe warner bros can look at this & do revivals of infinity train & close enough like what happened with fox's family guy & futurama

Last edited:

JMTV

Tater Tot!
yeah, maybe if that is the case, maybe warner bros can green light the revival of infinity train & close enough like what happened with fox's family guy & futurama
Well, to be fair, a lot of people don't give Adult Swim enough credit as the reason why Family Guy and Futurama came back, which I think they should of, but that's a different story altogether.

With that said, as much as I want to see more Close Enough and Infinity Train, it's unlikely for them to revive since both of those creators has moved on to other projects. Even if those shows are not coming back, I just want them to be streamed to the public again.

Corwin Haught

Well, to be fair, a lot of people don't give Adult Swim enough credit as the reason why Family Guy and Futurama came back, which I think they should of, but that's a different story altogether.

With that said, as much as I want to see more Close Enough and Infinity Train, it's unlikely for them to revive since both of those creators has moved on to other projects. Even if those shows are not coming back, I just want them to be streamed to the public again.
Owen Dennis has a clause in his current contract that says he can leave in order to make more Infinity Train. It's just that CN remains uninterested in making any more.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy

Never say never maybe further in the future

JulianRO

The fun additions (thanks to Hulu)
Y86Z9wr.png

4ycEgYV.png

QisPT7w.png
I think these won't continue to be on the platform for that much time, they'll likely disappear when the contracts with WBD will expire.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
It's that time of year again, they still aren't profiting from streaming so.... up it goes
Disney Plus
  • Ads goes up to 9.99/mo
  • No Ads goes up to 15.99/mo --- 159.99 annual
Hulu
  • Ads goes up to $9.99 /mo ----99.99 annual
  • No ads goes up to $18.99/mo
ESPN Plus
  • Ads goes up to 11.99 $119.99 (there is no ad-free version, that would have to cost like $40)
Bundles
  • Duo Basic with ads 10.99/mo
  • Duo Premium no ads 19.99/mo
Hulu Live TV (which really doesn't make money at all)
  • With ads $82.99
  • No Ads $95.99
They are adding other stuff like Disney Plus subs will have access to ABC News Live - a channel you can watch free on You tube and other services-- they really put that as a cool benefit , they are not alright Also a playlist of preschool stuff
Premium will also have access to a playlist to four extra play lists that will be refreshed monthly
Seasonal
Epic Stories
Throwbacks
Real Life

So the new additions are ----nothing ---
starts October 17. If you singed up for the Max thing it won't hurt you.

Still won't make them money. Plus they overspent on the NBA so ummm more rises will come.

JulianRO

At the moment where I live Disney+ is without ads, and is $8,12/month. They still increased the prices a bit though, I remember when it was launched two years it was 6,59$.

Moe

they still aren't profiting from streaming
Disney+ became profitable now.

Finally, worst is over for Disney and there will be price hike, but not steep as like past hikes, so no change to ads free duo bundle.

Duo Premium no ads 19.99/mo
It is same price like last year, so no hike for Duo Premium.

Hulu Live TV (which really doesn't make money at all)
The number of subscribers would need go higher for Hulu Live TV to become profitable, so YouTube TV is on track to become profitable because they got many subscribers now.

Also, linear TV business is declining and programming cost would need go down as respond to this event, otherwise price would getting very expensive.

MagiaDiWinx

It does kinda worry me that Disney and other companies seem to be dropping home video support now that they have their own streaming services, because the user base that actively uses DVDs etc tend to be elderly and disabled people on fixed incomes who borrow them from libraries. I think home video works fine as a supplement to streaming, neither should be overtaking the other.

Moe

It does kinda worry me that Disney and other companies seem to be dropping home video support now that they have their own streaming services, because the user base that actively uses DVDs etc tend to be elderly and disabled people on fixed incomes who borrow them from libraries. I think home video works fine as a supplement to streaming, neither should be overtaking the other.
Disney still release theatrical films to DVD and BD via Sony, so it is rare for streaming contents to receive home video treatment.

Most people don't bother with libraries nowadays since their DVD is full of scratch and the availability of movies varies from library to library.

Zorak Masaki

Disney still release theatrical films to DVD and BD via Sony, so it is rare for streaming contents to receive home video treatment.

Most people don't bother with libraries nowadays since their DVD is full of scratch and the availability of movies varies from library to library.
I've seen plenty of streaming shows get the dvd treatment, and my local library still does a healthy business in lending out dvds.

Moe

I've seen plenty of streaming shows get the dvd treatment
I'm talking about most exclusive Disney+ contents don't get home video treatment and Disney only released handful of them to help with raise the revenues when Disney+ was in unprofitable territory.

Also exclusive Disney+ films got delisted from Disney+ to save on residual payment, receive digital releases.

Disney is one of most unfriendly with physical media when compared to other studios like WB and Paramount.

my local library still does a healthy business in lending out dvds.
Not in my area - very barely and they are no match with Blockbuster nor Movie Gallery and I noticed many complaints about scratched DVD from libraries.

Have many scratched DVD were reason that I stopped rent many years ago and when I had Netflix mail in, I relied on Blu-ray because they are less likely to be scratched without cause a major impact.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Coming to Disney Plus in September 2024

Including More new Primos, new Hamster and Gretel , Dancing with the Stars, Alya and the Mirrors etc.

Also the Star Wars The Acolyte series is canceled

Last edited:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
So Plus is where you can get many shows that aren't streamed elsewhere, but some of said content is on Disney's various YT channels legally like Disney Channel on YT and Disney Junior YT.

That said, respectively both have added a video for something not on Plus. YT Disney Channel has the first episode of Brandy & Mr. Whiskers and YT Disney Junior the much neglected Sofia the First Once Upon a Princess pilot.

Any other content viewable on their YT channels that are absent on Plus that we should be aware of?

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts