Disney XD -- major changes in June

Kaveh77

I was hoping we would get The Batman but since they still show it on boomerang i doubt we'll ever get it on disney xd.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
What i dont understand is why are they getting rid of iron man instead of the avengers? More people like iron man tas than the avengers and the show has two seasons while avengers has one. Also why are we getting silver surfer?
They removed several Iron Man stacks from the late-April schedules a little while ago -- probably not coincidental that those removals are from around the same time as the premiere of Armored Adventures on Nicktoons.

NewcomerDC

And Ciro Nieli wanted to do a fifth season of SRMTHFG, but unfortunately the ratings for the premieres weren't good enough for Toon Disney to justify it.

Get Ed, which ended on a cliffhanger (and something I liked) was the same way. It deserved new episodes too. Unfortunately it will never get new episodes even if XD were to order more, as its creator, Andy Knight, died last year due to a massive stroke.
Comment above fixed. Unfortunately, I would rather care about the fanbase than ratings since they were very angry that we never had a conclusion to what happened to the Monkey Team but Disney moved on, we moved on, and wee can't do anything about it but fan art and fan fiction.

OMG, I did not know this. Aw man, now I feel bad for Get Ed now. Now it's official, Disney owe us some new seasons.

Misterian

This isn't the actual "premieres" thread -- that'll be seperate -- but they're making big-time changes to the XD lineup in June .... with a lot of "Jetix" holdover shows being booted off the channel.

I haven't had time to thoroughly comb through all 30 days of schedule, so this might be incomplete. But right off the bat, I can come up with this list of shows that are being added and dropped at some point in the month (having a regular spot in the lineup, not just a random stack):

COMING
Cory in the House
Recess
Silver Surfer
X-Men Evolution
Zeke and Luther

GOING (hold on to your hats)
A.T.O.M.
Digimon
Get Ed
Iron Man
Oban Star-Racers
Pinky & the Brain
Pucca
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

The new schedule (which hits mid-month) -- is even more overly weighted toward the boy-centric shows (Stevens, Phil, Cory, Suite Life, Phineas, Zeke)

Overnights (3am-6am) is the only place where the "survivors" are left ... weeknights is Tarzan, Gargoyles, Chan, Jake, etc., and weekends is a lot of Marvel.

I won't be able to get more detailed for a while --- busy weekend ahead. So, there's the first nugget to digest.

wait! you mean to tell me Pucca's not gonna be aring anymore?? this is worse than that halt on new episodes they're pulling off on us.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
This is the worst news I have heard in a while. No more Digimon? NOOOOO!

The only silver lining is that X-Men: Evo is coming back. That was a good show.

NewcomerDC

This is the worst news I have heard in a while. No more Digimon? NOOOOO!
The only thing we can do is hope and pray that Digimon gets a decent DVD release soon. Why not kick things off with Adventure Zero Two? Funimation had already beaten Crunchyroll of having all the episodes available to be streamed for free and the season would be perfect to re-release the series to the home video market especially if it comes to watching the show in Blu-Ray.

CartoonAider

Somehow i had A feeling this was going to happen with PATB,and other Jetix leftovers.

On my Blogs I write on at times I said that I feel that Disney XD is going to tare themselves away from all that Jetix was. an that was by Axing off the Cartoons it had been airing like; Pinky and the Brian,Yin Yang Yo!,Pucca and Ironman an such.

I seen this coming when Disney XD was 1st annouced but with no evidance to my case until now.

even for me at times it scares me about how many things I write in my blogs become A reality. as this is just another proof of that. i believe we all have something in us the tells us about these sort of things, by certain gifts we have been given as I have said in other posts.

well I am starting to learn to go with my hunch telling me something is right or not right inside, on certain things.

I feel soon that also somethings our going to happen with THE (-) Cartoon Network and also more with Disney XD an Nicktoons an it to is not good, hey i wish it was good news really.

an even A sad note with WDTA that I know no one will like; when it is annouced; but this to I see Coming, an have seen coming for sometime now.

but I will let it unfold to be what it will be that is revealed in the time, as it eventually comes to pass.

Cartoonaider -

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
sad to see iron man, pinkey & digimon go, but glad Evolution, is coming to XD & that Recess is back, now if they would bring back some more ol disney toones, or put gargoyles on at a decent hour then i'd have more reason to watch the channel.

Have to say I'm with a lot of folks who are jumping this sinking ship.

Digimon (esp Tamers and Frontier) were great shows and seemed to me to fit their demographic target audience fairly well.

I can understand Oban kinda..well, not 'understand' as why they did it but that they WOULD do it. Hell, if Kim Possible can't exist on TD, why should Molly since KP has been a bigger hit over the life of the show compared to Oban.

I didn't know Ying Yang Yo was cancelled/ended. Not my favorite but it had its moments.

The real kicker for me is whatever super slim chance we had for a final season or a wrap up movie for SRMTHFG is pretty much gone.

I swear CN's been watching too much Sci Fi in the fact that they're just ending shows and not even giving a final episode or movie or SOMETHING to try and wrap up a few loose threads.

I'm personally hoping TD might pick up Code Lyoko since it's close to their target audience and we can finally see the last seven episodes aired since it's clear CN is willing to leave it lying near death on the sidewalk bleeding in the gutter.

Collie

Total Drama Llama
None of the incoming shows interest me in the slightest, except maybe Silver Surfer.

As far as the outgoing shows go, the only one I'm remotely going to miss is Digimon Data Squad, which I didn't get to see all of. I saw every episode of Get Ed, otherwise I'd miss it. The rest of them I either couldn't care less about, and in one case, I'm glad to see get the axe.

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
None of the shows coming interest me. None of the shows going interest me. Way to..make me feel indifferent, Disney XD.

dth1971

"Pinky and the Brain" is leaving Disney XD? AARGH! There goes the hopes for 3 other Warner Bros. cartoon shows - Freakazoid, Road Rovers, and/or Loonatics Unleashed - to air on Disney XD!

Oh well, maybe Cartoon Network's Boomerang might acquire Pinky and the Brain and these other 3 WB shows I mentioned (along with Tiny Toons and Animaniacs and Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries as well)

Light Lucario

Staff member
The only thing we can do is hope and pray that Digimon gets a decent DVD release soon. Why not kick things off with Adventure Zero Two? Funimation had already beaten Crunchyroll of having all the episodes available to be streamed for free and the season would be perfect to re-release the series to the home video market especially if it comes to watching the show in Blu-Ray.

Actually, Crunchyroll has the whole series up on their site now, but you're right on how FUNimation did it first by about a week or so. Even though the series is available online subbed, I'm not sure if that would be the best one to start with releasing the series on DVD. They're probably going to focus on Data Squad for now and if they're satisfied with the sales of those DVDs, they could go for the other series and most likely start with the first series. I definitely hope that they will do something like that in the future though.

Master Toon

This isn't the actual "premieres" thread -- that'll be seperate -- but they're making big-time changes to the XD lineup in June .... with a lot of "Jetix" holdover shows being booted off the channel.

I haven't had time to thoroughly comb through all 30 days of schedule, so this might be incomplete. But right off the bat, I can come up with this list of shows that are being added and dropped at some point in the month (having a regular spot in the lineup, not just a random stack):

COMING
Cory in the House
Recess
Silver Surfer
X-Men Evolution
Zeke and Luther

GOING (hold on to your hats)
A.T.O.M.
Digimon
Get Ed
Iron Man
Oban Star-Racers
Pinky & the Brain
Pucca
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

The new schedule (which hits mid-month) -- is even more overly weighted toward the boy-centric shows (Stevens, Phil, Cory, Suite Life, Phineas, Zeke)

Overnights (3am-6am) is the only place where the "survivors" are left ... weeknights is Tarzan, Gargoyles, Chan, Jake, etc., and weekends is a lot of Marvel.

I won't be able to get more detailed for a while --- busy weekend ahead. So, there's the first nugget to digest.

*screams like a girl* X-men Evolution?! *screams like a girl again*

This isn't a joke or something is it? Don't get me all excited for a prank.

I don't know for sure, but it's already on TBS and Nick at Nite. They just wouldn't put it on a third channel.

Why would it air on DXD anyway? Was there a rumor or something?

Recess?

Seriously? Recess?

Wha??? Why? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Not that Recess is a bad show, but...good grief. I thought Disney wanted to lure in the 9-14-year-old-boys. Doesn't Recess take place in a grammar school? :sad: :eek::confused:
I don't believe it...Pucca is out and Recess is in????

Man, there goes yet another reason to not watch DXD (along with Kid vs Kat going downhill)...

I don't get it.

sad to see iron man, pinkey & digimon go, but glad Evolution, is coming to XD & that Recess is back, now if they would bring back some more ol disney toones, or put gargoyles on at a decent hour then i'd have more reason to watch the channel.

I'm not. Iron Man, P&tB and FF all come on too early for me to catch, so it won't be like I'm missing them at all. :(

Actually, Crunchyroll has the whole series up on their site now, but you're right on how FUNimation did it first by about a week or so. Even though the series is available online subbed, I'm not sure if that would be the best one to start with releasing the series on DVD. They're probably going to focus on Data Squad for now and if they're satisfied with the sales of those DVDs, they could go for the other series and most likely start with the first series. I definitely hope that they will do something like that in the future though.

Isn't that website kinda illegal?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

idea for a toonami april fools/daylight savings thing- air the Fleischer Superman cartoons again. There’s nothing stopping them, they’re public domain
How would you guys launch a kids tv channel in 2024?
I returned to Youtube for community posting purposes only.
I can't wait for the dubbed Bocchi the Rock!
Question: What is it about animation that always keeps you coming back for more even sometimes bad movies/shows?

Featured Posts