Does anyone know The Scooby-Doo Project from 1999?

Micahel Cataldo

The Scooby-Doo Project aired in 1999 and it aired marathons of cartoons starring Scooby-Doo back in October of 1999.

hobbyfan

The Scooby-Doo Project aired in 1999 and it aired marathons of cartoons starring Scooby-Doo back in October of 1999.

Chumptoon Network's biggest mistake was not taking Scooby off the schedule to sell this idea. Instead of marathon spamming of Scooby reruns, they should've used the shows derived from Scooby (i.e. Funky Phantom, Chan Clan), but the morons in charge couldn't be bothered because back then, Scooby was what Teen Titans Go! is today, their #1 show.

Apparently, when you're hired as a programmer at CN, you have to leave your brains at the door.

ZHDBZ1994

Banned
Those were the days when Cartoon Network would relentlessly bash Scrappy-Doo in their TV ads because everyone had jumped on the Scrappy-Doo hate train.

Dark days indeed.

CN during those days...man it was just fun to watch all day for the bumps/blocks alone. It felt like the Network was "alive"

Just let the Adult Swim guys run CN & make it creative. Bring back the Cartoon/Cartoon era guys to run CN Studios to create a bunch of new properties and a new era of toons. AT&T has to power to be patient whereas Warner on it's own was under more pressure.

Micahel Cataldo

I know the episodes of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? that they played and the Scooby-Doo movies but I don't know the episodes of The Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo Show that they played on Halloween 1999.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
An obscure online store is selling it on VHS for $20.

Markus Nelis

I know it because it's on YouTube. I wasn't born at the time though but thanks to online existing now, it helps.

Scrappy-Fan92

Weird to cut out the sequences of them bashing the character, though. You know CN didn't do so because they were retroactively ashamed, so whoever was tasked with uploading the special either didn't have access to the remaining footage in a presentable format, was told to make a shorter video, or had reservations about leaving in a sequence where the gang left a child to fend for himself in the woods at night. I'm banking more on one of the former two.

90'sKid

I remember this.

Scrappy Doo: Yeah it's weird they would cut the scenes of him out. Is the ScD hate really that strong anymore?

I remember when Boomerang made him "Boomer-Royalty" for over a decade.

Sent from my 5004S using Tapatalk

BlooMac

I think there are several versions of the special with different runtimes. CN just took this one from whatever place and uploaded it. I highly doubt this cut was made now for this very upload.

Should note that CN (Adult Swim and Toonami included) are usually using fan uploads, rather than taking these old stuff from their own archives.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah if you've actually seen the full cut of the Scooby Doo Project compared to the one on CN's youtube page there are a ton of various edits and toning down scenes that feel like they were done just for the sake of time which wouldn't make sense when putting it on youtube when you can put on full length episode and 10 hour streams and wouldn't need to make any time cuts. Since yeah these aren't just cuts made to get rid of jokes maybe CN doesn't want on their main page or anything but likely a cut made of someone who needed this cut down to 10 minutes... heck could have been someone who wanted it uploaded to youtube back when youtube videos had to be less then 10 minutes long.

Like it is cool of Cartoon Network's official youtube site to actually play that and actually show it for the kids just watching the site but I do wish they had the full upload of it especially since they'd have no reason NOT to outside of just grabbing this variation and uploading it on.

R Lopez

Yeah if you've actually seen the full cut of the Scooby Doo Project compared to the one on CN's youtube page there are a ton of various edits and toning down scenes that feel like they were done just for the sake of time which wouldn't make sense when putting it on youtube when you can put on full length episode and 10 hour streams and wouldn't need to make any time cuts
This edited version seems to be the same one that made it onto an in-house DVD that compiled the works of the network's on-air (promo) department. So, maybe this is the version was easiest for them to upload?

It'd be interesting to know how many old promos/interstitials CN has archived and easily accessible. Because of this one upload, and some of the stuff that appeared on the 30th anniversary stream, I've been thinking about this lately.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts