"Dragon Ball Kai" FUNimation Home Video Release News & Discussion

jph139

Immortal
WHOA badass. Lovin' the dubbed Dragon Soul. Of course, I loved the Japanese Dragon Soul, but this one's just as good. Being in English gives it bonus points that make up for the minor problems in translation and such.

Soul

Yeah Monica's voice fits really well.

Oh and here's a subbed version of Sean's Dragon Soul.
Seems to help what he's actually saying till we get a HQ Version.

G1Ravage

http://www.youtube.com/user/DBZKaiDubClips#p/c/C2AAE577846F0E4C/2/64AGpvYSIdM

Ishtar's uploaded some audio clips from the panel.

What's this, a cute English Gohan? I'll be.

Also, Piccolo Daimaô sounds much better than he has before.

Also, a great new voice for Bulma!! Clean as a whistle, she is. No gimmick or quirk to take me out of the performance.

Interesting...very interesting. The dialog is definitely closer to the Japanese script. Piccolo's speech in particular is way better than before.

...Did Bulma say Lunch, or Launch? Sounded more like Lunch.

Oh snap. Jacob is saying positive things about a Dragonball dub.

We MUST be in for a good show then!

Just because Bulma, Gohan, and Piccolo don't make my ears bleed doesn't mean I don't think Rôshi's still wrong, not really care for Schemmel or Raditz, or have any hope whatsoever the Ginyû Tokusentai or Freeza will be any sort of good. ;)

MugiwaraMikey

I watched some of the clips and I really like what I saw.

I didn't watch too much of it since I want to watch it on TV in all its glory. :D

MugiwaraMikey

Wouldn't you have to get the home release then since the broadcast will be edited and supposedly use obsolete dub terms?

I grew up with those terms so they never really bothered me in the first place.

I'm grateful for the uncut version on DVD but I also really want to support the TV broadcast.

ReijiAzuma

Gah, cuteness! My weakness!
1 month and 10 days to go..... the wait is killing me!

I know we won't be getting to this until late 2010/early 2011, but I can't wait for Eric coming back as Trunks. I can just imagine him saying "I'm going to kill you" to Frieza when he first appears.

G1Ravage

You know, after watching a night of Nicktoons, I can't see any reason whatsoever that Kai should be edited. I mean, FUNi has already admitted that it will, but...Nicktoons has some bizarrely risqué material. Unless it's just a time slot issue.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts