"Dragon Ball Kai" FUNimation Home Video Release News & Discussion

Misspelling the FUNimation spelling of Freeza is almost worst to look at then the FUNimation spelling itself. o_O

Anyhow, still flopping around deciding if I want to make this a immediate buy or not. I'm not made of money, I don't think I'll really ever watch it, and I'm buying Dragon Ball Z anyhow, which is something I'll actually enjoy...

Gah, give me a 17-film Dragon Box FUNi, that's how to get at my wallet!!

PirateBeck

Look, I use 'Son Goku' and 'Freeza' too but those are the names those fans remember from the dub they watched when they were young and thus, they prefer those. I'm sure some fans use the original Japanese names for the Pokemon characters consistenty but do those fans tell people that you have spell it this way and that? We know how you'd prefer it but please, don't start another arguement about name spellings that isn't needed, alright?

Anyway, I may as well apologize for not having the ending ready yet. The video I have doesn't mix to the audio Ishtar gave me so i'm attempting to fix that at the moment. I hope to have something up later but you've all seemed to enjoy the Dragon Soul upload so you can expect the same quality with the ending. And when the songs are released on DVD.

Sorry for the delay. I hope that as long as you enjoy the finished release, then the wait will have meant something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishtar

While we wait for PirateBeck to upload the dub ending with subs, I have decided to upload the dub ending myself, but without the lyrics and no video, but it is the same clearer audio that I recorded and PirateBeck plans to use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4LEkkT1iqE

Edit: PirateBeck gave me permission to put the lyrics in the description.

Keiichi

Prof Lurker
I'm kinda torn. While I prefer the orginal series over Kai the Kai series will be getting the dub I've wanted for ages. Not to mention I already bought the first Dragon Box before I knew about this dub. Though I don't really mind Funis dub after the Freeza arc.

JTurner954

Paradigm City, USA
Was there any mention of special features coming to this set??

With all the bare bones releases they have done for this series, it would be nice to have something additional for a change.

Dragonpiece

Was there any mention of special features coming to this set??

With all the bare bones releases they have done for this series, it would be nice to have something additional for a change.
None sadly per RightStuf, to bad they could not get the Dream 9 commercials.

Stumbled across this little excerpt from Schemmel:

One person comments after this article about the lack of cursing in DBZ. Well I have news for you fans, there WILL be cursing in DBZ Kai, but probably only for the DVD release. I seriously doubt that would air on television. I have had to say [s-bomb] and dammit many times, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yup, an English Son Gokû will be droppin' it hardcore, yo.

garfield15

Member of the 10,000 post club
When would Goku even have to drop s-bombs? Like during the Vegeta fight?

"See if you can take my Gallic-Hou Kakarot!"
"Dammit, this [CENSORED]'s about to get real son!"

I doubt Nozawa would approve. :p

GingaDaiuchuu

It's nothing worse than what they've said in One Piece. They both have an TV-14 rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
When would Goku even have to drop s-bombs? Like during the Vegeta fight?

"See if you can take my Gallic-Hou Kakarot!"
"Dammit, this [CENSORED]'s about to get real son!"

I doubt Nozawa would approve. :p

All her roles drop 'kuso' during tense moments, I doubt she'd care. :p

I can't think of a scene on hand, but I'm sure there's plenty of 'chikushou' and 'kuso' in the battle with Vegeta. Not sure if Daimao is using any, but it seems the dub writers are.

Dragonpiece

Every time I think of causing in DBZ now-a-days, I keep thinking of that scene I watched in the dragon box where cause Son Goku caused at Son Gohan

King

I'M GOING TO JAPAN!
Willy-What-WHAT!? Goku throwing some S-Bombs?! "Damnit", "hell", and "crap" I get, but the S-Bombs?! Damn Goku, you change. ;)

GingaDaiuchuu

So Toei decided to block my footage of the dubbed Dragon Soul, so I deleted that, along with Yeah! Break! Care! Break! and the dubbed Makankôsappô. That's all good and well since people can hear higher quality versions in other places, but... how the hell did they find it? That was so shaky. And why didn't they have a problem with the other two videos? If anything, those were slightly less shaky. Oh well, they're gone now.

So Toei decided to block my footage of the dubbed Dragon Soul, so I deleted that, along with Yeah! Break! Care! Break! and the dubbed Makankôsappô. That's all good and well since people can hear higher quality versions in other places, but... how the hell did they find it? That was so shaky. And why didn't they have a problem with the other two videos? If anything, those were slightly less shaky. Oh well, they're gone now.

It might've been the tags? I'm not sure how they find the videos exactly (something about bots), but alas we all get hit hard.

Luckily I have copies of those videos, I believe, so if need absolutely be either of us could upload them to MegaUpload and post links here.

Look for the early copies of FUNimation first set to hit soon. I haven't pre-ordered Part One (and probably won't for a while) but I suspect the bits of the dub I want to spot-check will be clipped and uploaded.

Ishtar

Look for the early copies of FUNimation first set to hit soon. I haven't pre-ordered Part One (and probably won't for a while) but I suspect the bits of the dub I want to spot-check will be clipped and uploaded.
Yeah, especially considering this new tweet from FUNi:

funimation

*squee* Our Dragon Ball Z Kai Part One DVDs and BDs have come in! So, so pretty! *squeeeeeee* You can get yours on May 18th! 2 minutes ago via web

MugiwaraMikey

Okay, so, Sean posted the lyrics to Dragon Soul on his Facebook fanpage, so this should clear everything up.

Don’t stop, don’t stop, we’re in luck now
Don’t stop, there’s so much to be found
We can find paradise...
All we have to do is go, go, free your soul!

Mysteries abound.. in this world.. that we will seek
Foes all around.. but I will go.. fearless and free
I’ll give you strength.. you give me love.. that’s how we’ll live
Courage won’t fade.. if you’re with me.. my enemies can never win

We will fight for love and glory
We will live to tell the story
There is nothing we can’t live through
Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!

Don’t stop, keep your spirit proud
And ride upon the wind
All we have to do is go!

Don’t stop, there’s so much to be found
We can find paradise
All we have to do is go, go, free your soul
Dragon Soul

Mad Mod 49

Just because Bulma, Gohan, and Piccolo don't make my ears bleed doesn't mean I don't think Rôshi's still wrong, not really care for Schemmel or Raditz, or have any hope whatsoever the Ginyû Tokusentai or Freeza will be any sort of good.
wink.gif

Hey, I don't have much hope for Freeza or the Ginyu Force either judging by their past dub performances, but I don't see what's so wrong with Justin Cook's Raditz, see NOTHING wrong with Mike McFarland's Roshi, and you just lost me on Schemmel. He's been the best Goku ever for some time now and, IMHO, he outperforms Masako Nozawa's awful rendition. (I personally think Nozawa's a great actress but yes, I still find her "adult Goku" voice acting to be awful and forced.)

It seems a DBZ otaku like yourself can just never be pleased with the dub. Even if the music, script, and soul of the original is kept intact this time, you'll still have the voices to complain about. It's pitiful, really. :sweat:

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts