Examples of "Zombie Shows"

TMC1982

I don't me literal zombie shows like The Walking Dead. A "zombie show" be any TV show that never really made a huge or inedible mark in pop culture, ratings, hype, critical praise and/or buzz. But but it stays on and on and on for years and years because the ratings are just enough to get renewed.

According to Jim is a perfect example of this. It was on the air for about eight seasons even though it never ranked higher than #47 in the Nielsens (during its third season) and was never liked that much by critics.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
Would Arthur count? I know it's still going. I remember it being semi-popular when I was in elementary school (when the show first came out) but I haven't heard much talk about it since.

InvaderWeezle

I think when most people refer to "zombie" shows, they refer to shows that were popular at one point, then became unpopular but still kept going.

With that said, I'm saying The Fairly OddParents. For the past 5 or 6 years it's been really easy to forget that it's still going.

Eggy

Would Arthur count? I know it's still going. I remember it being semi-popular when I was in elementary school (when the show first came out) but I haven't heard much talk about it since.
Well, Arthur was critically well-received until the infamous animation change in Season 16.

SaneMan

Family Guy and Fairly OddParents come to mind

And to a lesser extent The Simpsons and SpongeBob SquarePants (alto I'drather call those mummies)

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
Basically any Cartoon that has been on longer for 10 seasons (Exception of Rugrats, It knew it's time was up).

jaylop97

Staff member
I feel like Regular show is one cartoon I think that is becoming one, because it was heavily talked about in season 1-3, but later seasons are becoming less talked about.

InvaderWeezle

I feel like Regular show is one cartoon I think that is becoming one, because it was heavily talked about in season 1-3, but later seasons are becoming less talked about.

If we're going that recent, I'd say Adventure Time is kind of in the same boat as Regular Show. Doesn't help that neither show gets aired that much on Cartoon Network anymore outside of an hour each on Saturdays.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts