FUNimation VO Chuck Huber suffers severe heart attack

Kaiser0120

News here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chuck-Huber-Fan-Page/174983205865732?ref=ts

"Chuck Huber suffered a massive heart attack on 12/15/2010 while out of town on business. He underwent quintuple bypass surgery on 12/17/2010. As a self employed actor he has no medical insurance to cover the medical expenses. Please consider making a donation to help. "Until we get the Medical Trust Fund finalized, you can donate to Chuck's medical expenses via paypal at kdfhuber@gmail.com"
The Medical Trust Fund has been finalized. You can find it here:

http://apps.facebook.com/fundrazr/a...?srid=c8552d3f617646abb3c30d63d70a5de2&ref=nf

Please donate guys. We've posted about it on our Twitters, our Facebooks, and we're trying to spread the word to everyone. 'Tis the season of giving, everyone.

Ryusuke

SomethingWithTheR
I'll donate as soon as I get some money, but for now the best I can do is help spread the word.

I sure hope he gets enough money and I wish him the best.

Ryusuke

SomethingWithTheR
"Money to spare" can be 5 dollars.

5 dollars.

That's less than a sandwhich at Sub-way.
I know that, Kaiser. I'm kinda broke, myself. :sad: It shouldn't be too long before I could donate though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReijiAzuma

Gah, cuteness! My weakness!
That's horrible to hear.

I have some money in my paypal account, and though it's mainly been reserved for the business I work for, I have enough so I can certainly replace it when the banks open Monday. For a cause like this it's worth it.

Just a quick question since I've never donated this way before.... I just copy the facebook address into the box that's marked "To (email or mobile phone)", right?

Ryusuke

SomethingWithTheR
Just a quick question since I've never donated this way before.... I just copy the facebook address into the box that's marked "To (email or mobile phone)", right?
That's correct.

Well, I donated some money. Managed to talk my parents in allowing me to donate some of the money from the account that they had saved for me on any college-related stuff. My plan was to send some of my Christmas money over once I get them from my folks out of town, but I feel kind of guilty to wait any longer. It's bad enough that Chuck's going through this during the holidays and I feel even worse not doing this on the get go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shift

Brave Warrior of the Sea
I sent 10 bucks for Chuck. It's not much, but I hope it'll help.

Jtaylor1

Not 9000! It Burns!
Poor voice actor of Hiro Nohara. I wish I could donate but I'm on a tight budget.:(

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Self-employed? Isn't he a Funimation actor, and therefore affiliated with it? Why wouldn't that benefit him? Isn't Funimation pretty big.

Anyway, that's sad to hear. I hope he gets well soon.
Because Funimation isn't a union studio and its voice actors are considered contractors, so they don't get benefits.

Philmister978

Alvight, you vin
It's amusing that I already knew about this weeks ago.

Either way though, as much as I'd like to, I can't really give Mr. Huber any money because I don't have any.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Wow, I'm glad to hear that the guy is at least alright. It would have sucked to have lost the guy to provide such notable voices as Hiei and Android 17..

Rynnec

Wow, I'm glad to hear that the guy is at least alright. It would have sucked to have lost the guy to provide such notable voices as Hiei and Android 17..

Not too mention losing him on around the Holidays. His family must be going through a tough time right now. My heart goes out to them.

Chaotix12345

Guh-huh!
Poor guy. I'm at least glad he's alright. His portrayal of Kululu is one of the main reasons why I love Sgt. Frog and why Kululu is my current favorite fictional character. I hope he gets all the support he needs and is able to recover from this terrible experience. He definitely deserves it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts