"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Remake)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
He....doesn't give me He-Man vibes, but heck, I've been surprised before.

Mandouga

Furthermore, greenman, you just contradicted yourself. By saying that he "joins as He-Man", you're implying that he will in fact be playing him, but the article itself says that he's only "in talks" to play him, meaning it's possible he might say no for some reason.

Just saying.

the greenman

Furthermore, greenman, you just contradicted yourself. By saying that he "joins as He-Man", you're implying that he will in fact be playing him, but the article itself says that he's only "in talks" to play him, meaning it's possible he might say no for some reason.

Just saying.
Sure thing. Seeing how they had slightly bigger names, they might just be ready for this kid. Ya know, cause filming is supposed to be very soon.

the greenman

Line-up for the film is expected to be:
Skeletor
Teela
King Randor
Zodak

and shoots as early as this Summer

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Centineo confirms his role as Prince Adam. Let's just hope it's good.
Same plus I do hope She-Ra does appear in this cinematic universe. Yes, I'm aware that Noelle Stevenson stated that there are currently no plans for He-Man to appear in She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, whether it's due to the MOTU film rights under Sony or not even if the IP rights are under both Dreamworks and Mattel but I do hope the SPOP cartoon doesn't prevent her from appearing in any possible sequel to this upcoming one.

Heck, I wonder who'll play Skeletor in this version.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
A well deserved update; Sony is taking this to Netflix:

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Honestly, I just think Sony should give the rights to Universal, given that it's the only part of the franchise IP they do not own as a result of buying Classic Media but that's just me.

Mandouga

First of all, this is Mattel's franchise. Universal/Dreamworks/Classic Media only own the 1980s animated TV version of it*. Second, Mattel can have this movie made anywhere they want. Heck, if they wanted to, they could just make a CGI direct-to-video movie of it with Mainframe doing the animation (it worked for Barbie, after all)!

Third, we don't really know that it is going to Netflix. With words like "could", and "apparently" , it's clear that this is just speculation, and not real news about it. If Sony is still making this movie, I think we should wait and hear what both they and Mattel have to say about it.

*Mattel owns the 2002 remake directly.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Third, we don't really know that it is going to Netflix. With words like "could", and "apparently" , it's clear that this is just speculation, and not real news about it. If Sony is still making this movie, I think we should wait and hear what both they and Mattel have to say about it.
You keep doing this. Every time somebody brings us news about a project you call it speculation and fake news. You are essentially calling The Greenman a liar for posting a sourced article. I'm not a mod but that should be against site rules. You are discouraging people from sharing information with us which hurts the website.

I don't even know why I hit the "show ignored content" button. Every post of yours makes my blood boil.

the greenman

You keep doing this. Every time somebody brings us news about a project you call it speculation and fake news. You are essentially calling The Greenman a liar for posting a sourced article. I'm not a mod but that should be against site rules. You are discouraging people from sharing information with us which hurts the website.

I don't even know why I hit the "show ignored content" button. Every post of yours makes my blood boil.
Yeah, I don't get it either. He said I was wrong in saying Centino is playing He-Man yet that's still the plan. I just ignore it Fone Bone, as you said we just post updates, were not the journalists reporting this stuff.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
First of all, this is Mattel's franchise. Universal/Dreamworks/Classic Media only own the 1980s animated TV version of it.
The franchise is jointly owned by Mattel and NBC Universal, not just the original series IP, so yes, I do think NBC Universal does now have partial ownership of the 2002 remake and that the film rights of the IP is the only part of the franchise IP that they do not currently co-own.

Second, Mattel can have this movie made anywhere they want. Heck, if they wanted to, they could just make a CGI direct-to-video movie of it with Mainframe doing the animation (it worked for Barbie, after all)!
Except unlike Barbie, MOTU never had a CGI film or a CGI animated series plus Mainframe was renamed Rainmaker 12 years ago.

Third, we don't really know that it is going to Netflix. With words like "could", and "apparently", it's clear that this is just speculation, and not real news about it. If Sony is still making this movie, I think we should wait and hear what both they and Mattel have to say about it.
I'm with Fone Bone and The Greenman on this.

Last edited:

Mandouga

Except unlike Barbie, MOTU never had a CGI film or a CGI animated series plus Mainframe was renamed Rainmake 12 years ago.

That is true, but as I said, they could make one if they wanted to. Also, the Mainframe name was brought back by Rainmaker (now a division of Wow Media), hence why I used that name.

In any case, I don't understand how the franchise could be jointly owned by them. It was Mattel's creation in the first place*; both the toys and the mini-comics they came with predate both DC Comics' three part limited series (which technically introduced Prince Adam), as well as the Filmation series. So if anything, Mattel is the sole owner of the franchise itself, plus the 2002 remake that they co-produced (unlike the original series where they just licensed their creation to Filmation), while Universal only owns the rights to the Filmation series, which they picked up from Dreamworks Animation, who in turn picked it up from Classic Media. Unless Mattel somehow sold half their rights to their creation to Universal, I don't think they jointly own it...

*And no, it's not a Conan the Barbarian derivitive. That rumor was false.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
That is true, but as I said, they could make one if they wanted to. Also, the Mainframe name was brought back by Rainmaker (now a division of Wow Media), hence why I used that name.
Just because Rainmaker revived the Mainframe name doesn't mean that the new Mainframe is like the old company that is now Rainmaker, hence I doubt it.

In any case, I don't understand how the franchise could be jointly owned by them. It was Mattel's creation in the first place; both the toys and the mini-comics they came with predate both DC Comics' three part limited series (which technically introduced Prince Adam), as well as the Filmation series. So if anything, Mattel is the sole owner of the franchise itself, plus the 2002 remake that they co-produced (unlike the original series where they just licensed their creation to Filmation), while Universal only owns the rights to the Filmation series, which they picked up from Dreamworks Animation, who in turn picked it up from Classic Media. Unless Mattel somehow sold half their rights to their creation to Universal, I don't think they jointly own it...

Here's the thing, I don't care if both the He-Man and She-Ra franchises are 100% owned by Mattel and that Universal only owns the IPs of the originals, following their acquisition of Classic Media's parent company DWA.

Also, your comments on that Mattel co-produced the 2002 reboot is false as it was solely produced by Mike Young Productions and Mattel licensed their creation to them like they did with the original to Filmation and in actual fact, Classic Media distributed said reboot, not to mention that Mattel didn't start their own studio until 2016, so you're actually incorrect on that. All of this doesn't stop me from saying that the franchises are partially owned by Universal, following their 2016 acquisition of Dreamworks Animation, who bought Classic Media in 2012.

My point on that Fone Bone and The Greenman are in the right about you keep on doing stuff like whenever people post a news article relating to the reboot, you call it fake news and speculation and saying that The Greenman was wrong on the casting of Centineo as Adam when Centineo confirmed that he will be playing the character still stands. I'm done with this, therefore I'm moving on from it as it feels like that this has gone off topic.

Last edited:

Mandouga

Classic Media had nothing to do with the 2002 version. Also, even if Mattel didn't co-produce it, they directly own that version outright either way. Just saying. Also, I said that "Rainmaker" brought back the "Mainframe" name.

As for the report that Sony may be taking the new movie to Netflix, I never said or implied that it was "fake news". I only said that it was that one website's speculation, meaning we don't know what's going on either way. Maybe it's happening, maybe it's not. I just feel that that one website could have waited for more direct confirmation. I also never said that The Greenman was wrong, but, admittedly, I never said he was right either. That report only said that that person was "in talks" to play him. If he's confirmed since then that he will be playing him, then perhaps someone can post an update to that effect...

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts