If Toonami had a separate block on Boomerang during the CN era

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Yeah, let's just say Toonami decided to have a block on Boomerang, showing old action shows, replacing Boomeraction.
It'd be called "Toonami on Boomerang," and it would have debuted in October 2002. It would have been hosted by Swayzak, and the story of the block goes that TOM and Sara hunted him down after the events of Trapped in Hyperspace and convinced him to make up for his crimes by joining the Toonami crew. So Swayzak is in control of the Boomerang block's operations. He would have provided commentary in his chaotic style, and reviewed video games like TOM and Sara did on the regular block. (BTW, when Sara reviewed Rez in 2004, instead of the Swayzak cameo going like the one we got, Swayzak would have appeared, said "Uh... hello?" and waved.)

Shows
  • Space Ghost and Dino Boy
  • Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
  • Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor
  • Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles
  • The Herculoids
  • Shazzan
  • Young Samson & Goliath
  • Fantastic Four
  • The Thing
  • Jonny Quest
  • Blue Falcon and Dynomutt
  • Teen Force
  • Astro and the Space Mutts
  • Jana of the Jungle
  • Valley of the Dinosaurs
  • Godzilla
  • Fleischer Superman cartoons
  • Arabian Knights
  • Galtar and the Golden Lance
  • Mighty Man and Yukk
  • ThunderCats
  • SilverHawks
  • TigerSharks
  • The Pirates of Dark Water
  • Captain Planet and the Planeteers
  • Speed Racer
  • G-Force: Guardians of Space
  • Super Friends (all)
  • Plastic Man
  • Thundarr the Barbarian
  • Centurions
  • SWAT Kats
  • Mega Man
  • Space Ace
  • Dragon's Lair
  • The New Adventures of Superman
  • The Adventures of Aquaman
  • Voltron
  • Robotech
  • James Bond Jr.
  • Young Robin Hood
  • Sky Commanders
  • The Robonic Stooges
  • Fantastic Max
  • Challenge of the GoBots
  • Mystery Island
Later on, Pokémon (the Indigo League episodes) would be added to the lineup and Swayzak would have told everyone about Electric Soldier Porygon, not liking the episode because a virus wasn't the villain, and because of the seizures too. A few other old cartoons would be added to the lineup as well. This Toonami would rely more on American action cartoons than anime, with only Speed Racer, Voltron, Robotech, G-Force, and Pokémon being anime.

The block would have ended on the same day the CN Toonami ended.

I hope you enjoyed this look at what a Toonami block on Boomerang might have been like. I will do more stuff like this in the future.

Last edited:

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
I remember a number of people here, myself included, suggesting during the late 00s that they should've replaced Boomeraction with a retro Toonami block hosted by Moltar.

Then Boomerang became completely irrelevant and CN Toonami died.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
I remember a number of people here, myself included, suggesting during the late 00s that they should've replaced Boomeraction with a retro Toonami block hosted by Moltar.

Then Boomerang became completely irrelevant and CN Toonami died.
Awww! That sucks. Honestly, I think Swayzak is a better host because he's more chaotic and he would have funny lines like, (about the Fantastic Four) "I have a crush on the Invisible Woman."

Plus, Swayzak would be the one to host a block like this nowadays because Moltar's VA died and a different VA voiced Swayzak. But we can't pull this off nowadays because Toonami is an Adult Swim property and we can't reference any AS property on CN or Boomerang. Either introduce Swayzak as an entirely new character, effacing his history, or have a new character host the block, and I certainly don't want the former...

Last edited:

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Some other shows to be aired on the block...
  • Skysurfer Strike Force
  • Midnight Patrol: Adventures in the Dream Zone
  • The Further Adventures of SuperTed
  • The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
  • The New Adventures of Batman
  • GI Joe
  • The Space Sentinels
  • Green Lantern
  • The Flash
  • The Atom
  • Hawkman
  • Justice League of America
  • Teen Titans (1967)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts