"Incredibles 3" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Part II looked fantastic, and any time spent with the characters is golden, but so much of the story felt episodic to me, and not like it was the long awaited sequel to such a big movie. I perked up as soon as I read Incredibles 3.

-batmat-

The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies. Incredibles 2 (also hate they took out "the") was alright. Looks beautiful, it's entertaining but it was a bit uneventful. Here's hoping they can knock it out of the park with the 3rd one. Gotta say Im excited about it.

Pooky

Staff member
Was I the only one who actually liked Incredibles 2?

There was a fairly extensive discussion about this in the General Animation Board Unpopular Opinions thread a couple of months back; a few of us like it quite a bit, and I'm personally pretty baffled by how quickly opinion on it seems to have soured considering how much of a success it seemed to be (on all fronts) when it came out in 2018, to the extent that it seems pretty inevitable that any discussion of a third film is going to come with a sideways-verging-on-downwards thumb consensus on the second. Then again, I personally still don't have much interest in watching Inside Out 2, which must currently be pretty baffling to around $1.6Billion's worth of people.

As for a third film, wasn't clamouring for it, but if any Pixar films are set up for sequels, heck if any animated films not based on pre-existing IP are set up for sequels, it's The Incredibles, so, at least in isolation, it's certainly not bad news in my opinion.

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
I would have been okay with The Incredibles being a one-and-done, but that's not how these studios think anymore.

I was underwhelmed by Incredibles 2, so unless the clips and trailers for 3 are really mind-blowing, I'll wait for this one to come to Disney Plus.

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
There was a fairly extensive discussion about this in the General Animation Board Unpopular Opinions thread a couple of months back; a few of us like it quite a bit, and I'm personally pretty baffled by how quickly opinion on it seems to have soured considering how much of a success it seemed to be (on all fronts) when it came out in 2018, to the extent that it seems pretty inevitable that any discussion of a third film is going to come with a sideways-verging-on-downwards thumb consensus on the second. Then again, I personally still don't have much interest in watching Inside Out 2, which must currently be pretty baffling to around $1.6Billion's worth of people.
Yeah, I agree that it’s pretty odd how Twitter seems to have a hate bone with that movie. It’s one’s not nearly as good as the first one (mainly because of the poor twist) but Pixar has done FAR worse.

khuddle

Yeah, I agree that it’s pretty odd how Twitter seems to have a hate bone with that movie. It’s one’s not nearly as good as the first one (mainly because of the poor twist) but Pixar has done FAR worse.

While I welcome the news of Incredibles 3, I was actually shocked to hear that Frozen will be getting a third movie. Frozen 2 was so bad I thought for sure it would have killed the franchise.

khuddle

And you can say all you want about Incredibles 2 but...you gotta love that hydrofoil :)

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts