International Disney Networks Thread Part 11

MagiaDiWinx

I don’t know if France kept this one but Cinemagic UK (yes, it has subtitles, next and doesn’t say ‘Les adventures de Buzz L’Éclair’) used to use the French watermark. These encodes date starting back to the final few days of Toon Disney UK.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
I don’t know if France kept this one but Cinemagic UK (yes, it has subtitles, next and doesn’t say ‘Les adventures de Buzz L’Éclair’) used to use the French watermark. These encodes date starting back to the final few days of Toon Disney UK.
This encoder (mbaldu) also has encodes of Disney Channel around the same time.

Francisque

Cinemagic UK had a different one for most of its existence, this is more typical of Cinemagic France

Cinemagic UK in 2006 used a very different logo altogether, until the 2007 rebrand

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Disney Channel and Disney Junior in Portugal are airing the 2013 Mickey Mouse shorts and are affected by the Microsoft outage.

It's likely that other EMEA feeds are affected.

(STAR Channel and its sister channels are OK)

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Disney Channel and Disney Junior in Portugal are airing the 2013 Mickey Mouse shorts and are affected by the Microsoft outage.

It's likely that other EMEA feeds are affected.

(STAR Channel and its sister channels are OK)
The only channel I can confirm isn't affected is Disney XD Poland
vlcsnap-2024-07-19-11h20m03s004.png

Markus Nelis

Apparently the DC feed I used to get temporarily now airs reruns of Lab Rats. I'm jealous now :D. One of my favorite live-action shows ever. Thankfully it aired last Summer so I was able to watch it.

Hm, Gabby Duran also returned on DC EMEA. Interesting as I thought they were only interested to play the same newer episodes of current shows multiple days in a row. It seems that most of that problem is fixed. There might have been an actual playout issue.

EDIT, current EMEA schedule.
1721422466606.png

Last edited:

Francisque

Something from the Bounce era of DC Italy has been found after all

But I think it was more like 2004-5 than 2006, the latter verging towards Bounce 2.0 usages
Plus, Skatenati (prank show)had already gone by 2006, I think

You could see a Next (although labelled as Now, I guess a mistake) bumper with the typical EMEA take: part 1 of the bumper + show clip + final part of the bumper

But this was often replaced by a 3 show menu (already in 2003); the next bumpers were more typical of non-peak times, although later replaced again by the Next show only in 2005-6 I believe

This was the Italian theme for "Topolino and Co." (labelled as Classic Toons often elsewhere, especially in the UK)

EDIT: Summer 2005 I'd say

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

More ended shows return on DC EMEA including Just Roll With It, Amphibia and GhostForce. What's up with them returning so many old shows now? Don't they want to air the most modern season of the newer shows anymore? Probably high ratings. There, I answered to my own question.

DC EMEA schedule for August:
1721476826905.png

Francisque

More Bounce era DC Italy material
This time, from December 2004

+ ident

As you can tell, the Christmas pres for EMEA that year was based on the premiere of Finding Nemo
It was in "Bounce 2.0"

I'm asking for more, let's hope!

PerkyStella

A promo for Playhouse Disney UK, which aired on ABC1 during its final year.

Anyway, a small question related to that: has PHD UK ever used the Ooh & Aah segments like they did with most of the other regions during the 2007-2011 era?

MagiaDiWinx

Well, this is probably melodramatic of me, but I hope Disney Channel doesn't shut down any time soon in Bulgaria and ex-Yugoslavia. They don't have their languages on Disney+ and no announcement even though they are available in those countries in English, they were removed from HBO Go, and ex-Yugoslavia doesn't even get home video releases so that's really all they have to work with. (Serbia at least had a massive Disney block on a national channel and a few years of films going direct-to-TV, but it ended in 2013 and Disney didn't actually officially dub them, just gave them the license to do so.)

JulianRO

Well, this is probably melodramatic of me, but I hope Disney Channel doesn't shut down any time soon in Bulgaria and ex-Yugoslavia.
Bulgaria shares the same feed with Romania. They have much better audiences here than Disney+, so it's very unlikely to shut down anytime soon.

Meanwhile, a promo on the premiere of season 3 of "Kickin' It" on Disney XD Greece:

Rrr

Continuties from DC Nordic, July 11:

I do like the summer idents look (although that ident at the end of the video does resemble an endboard, or is this just the new “style”?), but I still believe that a bit of pan-Scandinavian text would be fitting, especially on promos. But I think that this is more a matter of personal taste.

Btw, I hope that they will get rid of the “ny superkanal” near the logo (and just stop mentioning it at all) after the summer holidays, since it is getting a bit dated by now, in my opinion… ;)

Markus Nelis

Btw, I hope that they will get rid of the “ny superkanal” near the logo (and just stop mentioning it at all) after the summer holidays, since it is getting a bit dated by now, in my opinion… ;)
Most likely next month when school opens. They make a big deal out of it which makes sense. The relaunch was big. The channel is alive now. The last time they felt alive was in 2020. And just a friendly reminder that Baltics still have the DC EMEA which makes sense as they receive more pan-European versions (CN SEE at this point is the new CN HQ). The Scandinavian feed now has more Swedish text than ever before. They should be textless by only showing MTOTFLS in promos.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts