International Disney Networks Thread Part 11

Sl!ght!yGreg

It still kinda felt surreal when Totally Spies Season 6 made the switch from Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD to Nickelodeon back in 2013. I had a hard time to adjust that it was somehow on Nickelodeon:p.

Marathon Media cartoons were predominantly owned by Saban Entertainment and Disney here in Holland. So i wasn’t expected this at all.

But at the same time. Pokémon is now being aired on the Dutch feed of Nickelodeon.

Most surprisingly, Disney XD airs it as well! Just the Sun & Moon generation.

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel Scandinavia will have some kind of a princess event in two weeks where they have multiple airings of Ariel and the return of Sofia the First both on Disney Jr block and during evening hours.

Reactions: Rrr

MagiaDiWinx

It still kinda felt surreal when Totally Spies Season 6 made the switch from Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD to Nickelodeon back in 2013. I had a hard time to adjust that it was somehow on Nickelodeon:p.

Marathon Media cartoons were predominantly owned by Saban Entertainment and Disney here in Holland. So i wasn’t expected this at all.

But at the same time. Pokémon is now being aired on the Dutch feed of Nickelodeon.

Yet Disney France had participation rights for S6. TS now airs on Cartoon Network in France, but traditionally, it was on TF1 with syndication on DC, since Disney's international rights also allowed domestic syndication. Miraculous is similar.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!

Pokemon's rights were always something that I found odd to see. The broadcast rights for the show here in the UK was as simple as Jetix/Disney XD owning the Pay-TV rights to the CITV channel. Then Disney XD stopped airing the show in late 2014 in favour of it being exclusive to the CITV channel. Then in 2019 it was split between 2 FTA channels (CITV and POP)

Honestly I miss watching Pokemon on Disney XD since it aired on evening primetime on weekends.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Disney XD UK short continuity right from the 1st day when it was launched.
I love how they were promoting Meet the Robinsons (among one of the first films to be shown on the channel) as a major reason to keep watching.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Speaking of Nelvana episodes of The Fairly OddParents on Disney Channel/Disney XD Scandinavia, I think I remember at least one such episode on DC Scandinavia where they somehow actually kept the Nickelodeon logo at the end. That's peculiar.

Here in Denmark, I'm fairly confident that the Nelvana episodes were initially exclusively aired on Disney Channel (I don't think they ever aired on Fox Kids/Jetix or Toon Disney), and only after Toon Disney and Jetix were merged into Disney XD did they ever air on DXD.

Anyway, YouTube viewers in Denmark (and presumably many other countries outside of the United States) can watch the Nelvana episodes of The Fairly OddParents on a YouTube channel that I believe is official and run directly by Corus Entertainment.

Sl!ght!yGreg

So, i have noticed something across the TV Guide today.

According to the EPG’s on many Dutch TV providers, it seems like Disney XD NL extended it’s broadcast time from 12 hours to 14 hours, from 04:00 CET till 18:00 CET to be exact.

It always used to be 06:00 CET till 18:00 CET on any network Jetix/Fox Kids. From 18:00 till 6:00 It always handled over to Veronica (which is a channel owned by John de Mol & Talpa Media)

EDIT: at 03:17 CET, it seemed like Veronica already signed-off. Last program was a local program called: "Hart van Nederland"

Normally it used to broadcast until 05:30 than Fox Kids/Jetix and Disney XD handled it over and placed an card showing "The channel will start at 06:00" operated from the Playout.

Here underneath is the sign-off card that's in play right now.
It translate as: -"See you again at 18:00"-
Schermopname (120).png

UPDATE: 03:52 It updated it's card to the Disney XD placeholder.

Schermopname (121).png

"We are back at 04:00 CET"

UPDATE: 04:00 CET. Aired a sign-in ident, than a next bumper of BGDCMC following it's cartoon; Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese.

Taken on 04:06 CET (Amsterdam Time)
Schermopname (122).png

Last edited:

Moleoman

Speaking of Nelvana episodes of The Fairly OddParents on Disney Channel/Disney XD Scandinavia, I think I remember at least one such episode on DC Scandinavia where they somehow actually kept the Nickelodeon logo at the end. That's peculiar.

Here in Denmark, I'm fairly confident that the Nelvana episodes were initially exclusively aired on Disney Channel (I don't think they ever aired on Fox Kids/Jetix or Toon Disney), and only after Toon Disney and Jetix were merged into Disney XD did they ever air on DXD.

Anyway, YouTube viewers in Denmark (and presumably many other countries outside of the United States) can watch the Nelvana episodes of The Fairly OddParents on a YouTube channel that I believe is official and run directly by Corus Entertainment.
From what I remember, only the first 26 episodes of FOP had the Nickelodeon blacked out on DC UK-based feeds (Scandinavia, EMEA, Poland, CZ/HU, RO/BG). The following ones had instead the Nick logo replaced with Nelvana International one that originally followed it, while from ca. episode 40 the Nick vanity plate was kept fully intact.

Over here, "The Fairly OddParnets" also premiered on Disney Channel. Initally, Disney broadcast only epsiodes 1-26 (with episode "Ruled Out"/"That's Life" skipped for some reason, the episode premiered in Poland only after the show arrived on Netflix). However, episodes 27-52 aired in Poland on KidsCo first, they started airing on Disney Channel in Poland only in ca. 2010/2011 followed by remaining Nelvana ones.

Sl!ght!yGreg

It's weird and remarkable that there is no news outlet or any media outlet announcing John de Mol selling the 2 hour slot to Walt Disney. Especially at how the wave is going regarding Disney XD's departure in some international markets. At this point; John de Mol must be trolling. I'm not even sure that Walt Disney even wanted this:D

Francisque

It's weird and remarkable that there is no news outlet or any media outlet announcing John de Mol selling the 2 hour slot to Walt Disney. Especially at how the wave is going regarding Disney XD's departure in some international markets. At this point; John de Mol must be trolling. I'm not even sure that Walt Disney even wanted this:D
It's at 4am, no need to make a big deal out of that

Sl!ght!yGreg

It's at 4am, no need to make a big deal out of that
First time in history a network from Jetix/Fox Kids/Disney XD having more time-slots than Veronica is quite remarkable in a way as those networks never operated more than 12 hours in NL. It's just not being relevant because it's this Disney XD and not the Disney XD from 2010, if you know what i mean. Being from '97, and having watched Fox Kids/Jetix in the past. This still means quite a lot to me. But that is mostly nostalgia talk as they say.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts