International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Again, they can't "decide" anything, they have to rebrand, it's an international thing.. moreover, the new websites are aleady up

But it surprises me this is taking that long; I mean, after the DC rebrand
I guess this is influenced by the fact that the new logo is similar to the current one..

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
You know that Frozen premieres on DC Asia on Sunday, December 6 but this is unexpected. DC Korea will premiere the only animated movie that reached 10-million-viewer-mark in Korea on the day after Christmas! :D This is the Korean basic cable premiere that isn't aired yet on other basic movie channels like Channel CGV and OCN. Also DC Korea will be the second DC feed to premiere the movie after DC Asia.

http://www.disney.co.kr/channel/program/index.jsp?program_seq=96

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The Flemish company Medialaan has finally announced the name of its new kids channel...
20151126-kadet-clean.jpg

The proper Dutch word is ''cadet'', but here in Flanders some like to write everything with a K. (f.e. Jesus Christ (EN) / Jezus Christus (NL) / Jezus Kristus (FL))

What does this have to do with Disney? Well, Kadet will basically be Disney XD FL.

Take a look at the line-up of its first day!
16.00 – 17.35: Spy Kids 3
17.35 – 18.15: Ultimate Spider-Man
18.15 – 18.55: Zeke and Luther
18.55 – 19.35: Star Wars Rebels
19.35 – 20.15: Kick Buttowski
20.15 – 20.55: The Super Hero Squad Show
20.55 – 21.35: Avengers Assemble
21.35 – 22.15: Transformers: Robots in Disguise
22.15 – 22.55: Pokémon de serie: XY - Ontdekkingsreis door Kalos
22.55 – 00.00: Draken: Rijders van Berk

Notice that Disney XD NL is a pay channel here, and Kadet will be available on every TV.

http://kadet.be/

This channel is arranged by Daan Van Leeuwen, who used to be responsible for Fox Kids NL and Jetix NL.
I'm hoping for The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and maybe even some old Fox Kids / Jetix shows :)

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I'm sorry for double-posting, but Kadet will air the following 15 shows...

Avengers Assemble
Crash and Bernstein
DreamWorks Dragons
G.I. Joe: Renegade
Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5
Kick Buttowski
Kid vs Kat
One Piece
Pokémon XY
Power Rangers
Star Wars Rebels
The Super Hero Squad Show
Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015)
Ultimate Spider-Man
Zeke and Luher

There is probably more, but this is all they've announced so far. (Sources: medialaan.be, vtm.be, kadet.be)

Side note: none of these shows are new here, but kids will think they are new.

dclover

Back to DC Korea, the schedule got a huge change since last Saturday with the sudden comeback of Kim Possible and other previously-aired series. One noticeable thing is, they're airing from the very first episode with the premiere of unaired episodes. And as always, I totally have no idea why they're doing like this. Meanwhile, there are still no news about the premiere of Descendants on DC Korea while DC Japan set the date on Friday, December 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also Kim Possible will return on DC EMEA in December but very shortly only for two Christmas/winter themed episodes.

btw I have December schedule for DC EMEA
if someone is interested in it
from now I'll get it for every month. Schedule for January will come soon.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I saw the first Xmas promo today. It's short and has a generic Xmas endboard, similar to the one from last year.

New Lolirock promo endboard:
q1QXE8Q.jpg

Also, Frozen is going to have its Czech FTA premiere on December 11th on Nova.

@BloggerHU Nice. I was wondering when we would get them.

Checkerboard

Can someone explain to me DC CZHU's/UK's logic? They make an Up Next bumper for a film, but no bumpers for some of their original shows? Especially the new ones?

qUQCD2p.jpg

Suite Life on Deck is probably the oldest shows currently aired and even that has a bumper...

ct0bZSx.jpg

Girl Meets World, K. C. Undercover, Shake It Up, Best Friends Whenever, Star vs the Forces of Evil... don't. Also, for some reason Suite Life on Deck is being labeled as a "film". I don't get it :(

But hey, it could be much much worse :)

Francisque

Well, it IS weird

But this is what happens when a team has to handle so many different feeds for different countries, prob. without a proper local "help" or something like that.. they end up messing around simple things a lot

Well, at least they've been improving, which is saying something

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@Checkerboard: DC PT in a nutshell:
-all the promos and bumpers are made in Spain
-the IDs are all short (yet I've seen some long ones)
-most (if not, all) of the promos were made in a hurry

Checkerboard

Well, it IS weird

But this is what happens when a team has to handle so many different feeds for different countries, prob. without a proper local "help" or something like that.. they end up messing around simple things a lot

Well, at least they've been improving, which is saying something

Yeah, I believe that is the cause. They have a hard time keeping track of everything they're doing. Which I can understand, because after all the improvements the playout is starting to get tricky, but it is a paid channel and it has a lot of viewers and good ratings - ie. it should show and you'd expect trivial errors like this to not exist in the first place. What surprises me more, though, is that probably nobody in the UK has even after several weeks noticed. I'm not really mad about it or anything. It just... fascinates me. But yes, at least there are constant improvements.

The new graphics I don't like. That's not Disney for me. That's Disney XD. The style is very similar if not the same. I don't see any creativity, nor do I see what's really Disney Channel about them. When I see them I see a different channel. It's quite cheap and basically just extending the lifespan of the existing ones. Which likely means one thing... Completely new graphics are coming in 2017/18. Or not.

@RandomMe Hm. Doesn't sound that bad... or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts