International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
@ltw9719: Haven't been into Korean trends lately.

Promos on DC PT only use "off-the-shelf" library music, and that is a sign that they are low in creativity.

The song used in the promo is from a Mnet show that literally swept the nation. I guarantee that the show is the only thing that describes the latest Korean trends. Speaking of Mnet, did you know that many of the acquired series on DC Korea are related to the parent company of Mnet, tvN and DC Korea's archenemy, Tooniverse?
  • Hello Jadoo: Originally airs on Tooniverse and SBS. Co-produced by CJ E&M.
  • Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama: Film version (in Korean theaters next month) will be distributed by CJ E&M.
  • Yo-kai Watch: Originally airs on Tooniverse. CJ E&M handles exclusive rights in Korea.
  • Atashin'chi: Originally aired on Tooniverse from 2004 to 2011.
  • Naughty Nuts: Originally aired on Tooniverse and EBS. Production funded by CJ E&M.
  • Rainbow Ruby: Originally airs on Tooniverse and EBS. Co-produced by CJ E&M.
Meanwhile, I posted a tweet from a current DC Star that revealed her relationship with our country back in June and recently I learned the details. The paternal grandmother of Sofia Wylie, also known as Buffy in Andi Mack, is Korean who has a large family. I found out from the photos Sofia posted on her Instagram Story and one of the photos was that she helped her grandmother cook Korean food on 4th of July holiday. One interesting thing I found is she's calling her grandmother "Homoni" instead of exact pronunciation "Halmeoni (할머니)." :D

Finally, here are the first two episodes of DC Asia's Club Mickey Mouse Extra which follows the casting process of much-anticipated series that premieres next month.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
YKW is distributed in South Korea by CJ E&M. Interesting thought, it should only air on Tooniverse rather than its arch-nemesis, DC KR.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Check out all the cool graphically localized promos Disney CZ (and probably also HU) uploaded today on YouTube:
IgUOy6f.jpg

lonkV3x.jpg

1a0IQ6l.jpg

QvHTqot.jpg

Why, why, why... Why can't we have our own feeds? How much longer will we have to wait? :( It looks so much better like this! :)

Disney UK, if you reading this, get to work! :D

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Well-organized feeds seem to exist in dreams. The DC PT I watched during dreams could be better than the real channel, and achieving the dream channel is impossible.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Isn't Corus running all 3 kids channels in Canada?
Yeah (the Disney trio, Nick and CN), Corus (YTV-Teletoon) used to run both Nick and CN, with Nick CA originally being an offshoot of YTV for international content before reformatting itself, typical of when new Canadian channels get the go ahead.

GEO Disney? I find it a little impossible considering that their channels, especially GEO News, have shut down several times for legal reasons.

animegamer

If ARY ran it they would simply steal the original shows from DC India without any effort. Now that the DC IN logo is at the top right and doesn't disappear during ads it's even easier for them.

alonsosaca98

Animation Variation
About time, too! Latin America was one of the countries it was going to air on.
It's ironic: Fangbone was available on Netflix for couple of months now over here, and now Disney decides to premiere it on its main male channel.
Also ironic that we haven't even gotten Lab Rats: Elite Force on Disney XD, though a dub exists and it's being aired on SAP in the US, and even Netflix has the series online.

jfoley85

Our Netflix never even had those shows too.

Speaking of Netflix, it looks like the new service that Disney wanted to launch in 2019 that will showcase shows and movies might mean something after all for Canada and other countries too. I've read that Netflix Canada will also continue to carry Disney after 2019. Abit confused.

The Disney service will be available in "multiple markets" outside the U.S. as well, taking advantage of Disney's global name recognition.

https://www.news-journal.com/news/2017/aug/16/disney-to-launch-streaming-services-for-movies-liv/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts