International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

Markus Nelis

Sadly certain countries have a lot of bad dubs. Not everything is perfect at the same time. There are tens of languages where they dub.

Francisque

Nick's dubs here dereriorated in quality. SpongeBob went the other way around though
Here Paramount often uses Milan as their favourite dubbers, which are often on the cheap side of the spectrum (average to lower quality; plus slips with regional Milanese-like accents which I personally think sound unprofessional hideous in dubbing)

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes

Yes, this is an actual promo that Nickelodeon Pakistan actually aired last year in 2023. Yes, they did actually somehow use the character Pencil from the object show Battle for Dream Island, and presumably without the permission of Michael and Cary Huang (the Huang twins, aka jacknjellify). I wish this was nothing more than an unofficial fanmade edit, but given the other videos uploaded by the same YouTube channel, this is 100% real.

MagiaDiWinx

Here Paramount often uses Milan as their favourite dubbers, which are often on the cheap side of the spectrum (average to lower quality; plus slips with regional Milanese-like accents which I personally think sound unprofessional hideous in dubbing)
It can't get worse than old Italian SpongeBob that didn't even have the music rights to their own songs.

Markus Nelis

I wish this was nothing more than an unofficial fanmade edit, but given the other videos uploaded by the same YouTube channel, this is 100% real.
I never trust videos that say "TOTALLY REAL". At least this one doesn't have that so the video is more trustworthy.

Reactions: J10

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Interesting to hear Jürgen Kluckert, the former German VA of Mr. Krabs on Nickelodeon Italy and other channels :)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
More old stuff from Nickelodeon Spain
On or before September 1, 2009, the branding was unified with other European feeds; the big rebrand happened on April 1, 2010.

From September 2009 to April 2010 the channel was known as Nick here, because Spain used Nick for longer. However in Spain it became Nickelodeon after the rebrand. I preferred just Nick though

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I'm more happy about their Nick at Nite block and the bug becoming translucent.
Moreover the current Nick Australia is a rehash of the former 10Shake. Daytime programming became Nickelodeon and adult programming became Nick@Nite. Truly a smart idea.

The problem is that not all 10 affiliates have Nick, when the Mildura station shut down a couple months ago, the multiplex only had 10, 10Bold and 10Peach.

MagiaDiWinx

I think the UK would be a good candidate for terrestrial Nickelodeon since Paramount-owned Channel 5 airs Nick shows anyway.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts