Is there any sequel animated series you would to see?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
- Spider-Man 94 (or any of the other Spider-Man series that ended tragically)

Same and with how much buzz and viewership X-Men 97 is getting that seems like the most likely candidate for a sequel revival. Like maybe after Freshman year is off the ground we'll hear something more. And though it is super greedy to ask for a revival of the 90's series AND Spectacular Spider Man... I mean Marvel/Sony loves giving Spidey the spotlight so why not more of it if they have the chance right?

- Freakazoid (only if they could actually replicate the look and the tone)

Eh as much as I love Freakazoid! after Ed Asner's tragic passing not sure I'd want Freak to come back as I don't know who'd else you'd get to play Cosgrove then him.

- Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Same as above)

Same especially since it was only ended in favor for the mehness of Avengers Assemble with the Loeb Marvel cartoons never rising anywhere near that level so yeah let's get some of the more classic Avengers greatness back in cartoon form.

I don’t know if this counts, but I would like to see a spin off series from Steven Universe that is kind of like Pokémon Chronicles. It’s like an anthology series and each episode focuses on a different character other than Steven.

To me a big problem with Steven Universe originally was from putting the perspective too much on Steven himself so a series more about Beach City or the Crystal Gems i'd be down for... eh more the Gems then a lot of Beach City Citizenry but still.

It never really had an ongoing, serialized story like most of the shows mentioned above, but I'd love a Megas XLR follow-up. Take more shots at sci-fi, anime, and mecha and if they have time conclude the Glorft/time travel story.

Megas XLR is one of the few sequel series I would also want to be taken in a pure "let's leave out the kiddies and just make it for the adult fans" sort of revival. To me the biggest problem of the original Megas was having to cater a lot of the jokes to being Y7 silliness. I have a feeling if the show was allowed to be a more prime adult swim level comedy it'd be better so I'd be down seeing that in action.

In terms of shows that actually had ongoing plots, Frisky Dingo. Either a season 3 or the Xtacles spin-off.

Considering Archer did just end, feels like that would be a good thing for Adam Reed to work on. Especially since Frisky Dingo's Xander Crews was pretty much "what if we played up Tony Stark as a totally selfish ass but like didn't even try making him that redeemable" but now that Tony Stark is one of the most popular super heroes around there is so much more you can do with that sort of character.

I'd love to see an anthology series for the Avatarverse in form of Star Trek: Short Treks, Star Wars Visions and Pokémon Chronicles, with episodes focusing on different characters other than Team Avatar from either The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra.

Yeah seriously I wish they would do this for like a lot of the past Avatar series. Some you would just need to adapt like the Yangchen and Kyoshi books but there's huge swaths of history in the Avatar universe you could easily do and have so much potential for interesting stories.

So yeah in addition to those here are some of the sequel series I would want to see.

Sonic SatAM - I get some of the original team won't be involved but like there's obviously still a passion for Sonic and considering the tragic end of the Archie series there should at least be SOME closure for the Freedom Fighters that this should really get a follow up.

Kids Next Door - Surprised this one wasn't brought up as this was a full series the original creator Tom Warburton wanted to do but sadly Cartoon Network prevented him but like they really shouldn't have as it seems like a really good idea the fans want to see. Same with the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy sequel film that Maxwell Atoms wanted to make. It's seriously sad that due to how due to WB being in the hands of incompetent idiots they aren't letting some of their talent make works people will like... or heck allowing works already made to be shown but eh not going to try bringing that up here.

Gravity Falls - I don't know if you need like to do a full sequel series but like you could easily do at least a sequel movie featuring maybe a couple of years later Mabel and Dipper returning to Gravity Falls for some reason like maybe they have to actually find the source of the town's weirdness not fully ever discovered in the show. Like typing it down feels kind of fanficy unneeded but just the chance to see the characters interact again would still be worth trying IMHO.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Kids Next Door - Surprised this one wasn't brought up as this was a full series the original creator Tom Warburton wanted to do but sadly Cartoon Network prevented him but like they really shouldn't have as it seems like a really good idea the fans want to see. Same with the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy sequel film that Maxwell Atoms wanted to make. It's seriously sad that due to how due to WB being in the hands of incompetent idiots they aren't letting some of their talent make works people will like... or heck allowing works already made to be shown but eh not going to try bringing that up here.
Yeah, Galactic Kids Next Door is the only one sequel animated series that I would love to see, in my opinion. Such a shame that Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. don't feel that way.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Green Lantern: The Animated Series. This show was only half-way done with its intended story, so a 26-episode revival series wouldn't be a huge ask. Characters and plot points from this series have been showing up in other DC projects recently, so I'm sure WB knows the show is popular. Finally, it would be cool to see how far CGI has come since the early 2010s.

Beware the Batman. Same deal as Green Lantern. It had plans for much more stories, it got cancelled and mistreated. Again, today's CGI could be much better than before and I think today's audiences would be a bit more forgiving of the show's radical approach to Batman mythos due to the growing interest in alternate universes and variants. This is merely wishful thinking since I know the show's not popular at all.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The plans they had for season 3 sounded ambitious and you could easily build a universe around this series. Just make sure that Jeph Loeb or any other exec doesn't meddle with it so it can be closer to the MCU. X-Men '97 is a good example of how to avoid that.

The Spectacular Spider-Man is a no-brainer, but obviously that one's also impossible to bring back, especially with the rumors of the 1994 show possibly returning instead.

I concur about Gargoyles. I've been enjoying the comic continuation so far, but the fact of the matter is that too many people either dismiss comics as a whole or don't even know they exist. The only big drawback is that Ed Asner is irreplaceable and Hudson is still an active member.

Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters barely qualifies! It's based on a barely-known toy and I felt that Hasbro didn't make much of an effort in promoting it. Still, it had a pretty strong story, characters, and voice cast. I would like to see a couple more seasons to see where it was all going and hopefully gain the audience it deserved.

Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated already had the perfect ending, but I've always been curious about the road trip and Miskatonic University storylines they teased. A limited series would be a good way to explore that and according to Mitch Watson, it was discussed amongst WB executives before Zaslav started to write off shows and movies. Again, unfortunately we'd lose Harlan Ellison as the new Mr. E.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts