"Jellystone!" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Series!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • **1/2

Votes: 1 4.0%

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • *1/2

• 1/2

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Goldstar!

All right-y!
The main goal of Jellystone! (or any TV show, for that matter) should be to tell an entertaining story, not to cram in as many Hanna-Barbera characters as possible. What makes it gratuitous is just sticking in a character for the sake of their being there. Sure, the cameos are fun to see, but that's just a side dish, not the main course.

Also, we got another Flintstones reference this season when Mayor Huckleberry Hound mentions that Jellystone is located next to New Bedrock.

Corwin Haught

This is the first appearance of Brak and Zorak since the Cartoon Planet revival, isn't it?

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
This is the first appearance of Brak and Zorak since the Cartoon Planet revival, isn't it?
I believe so, unless they've appeared in some recent [adult swim] thing that I don't know about (I haven't watched [adult swim] in years).

Also, I forgot to mention that Moltar appeared on a book cover in one episode. None of the Space Ghost villains had any dialogue; AFAIK, neither Zorak nor Moltar have made any speaking appearances in anything since their voice actor, Clay Martin Croker, passed away in 2015.

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I watched the new season of Jellystone! and I’ll give some thoughts on some of the episodes.

Lady Danjjer: I love the female Jabberjaw cause she’s intimidating and adorable at the same time. Here Jabberjaw falls for El Kabong, and they perform a dance and Jabberjaw gets a kiss. Awww

Yogi’s Midlife Crisis: A battle of the bands episode! Yogi starts his own band and then Squiddly Diddly makes a band and takes Yogi’s band members. It was a missed opportunity to not have Jabberlaw play the drums, but that duet song was inspiring.

Business: When corporate greed goes horribly wrong…

Boo-Boo and Benny: Little Buddy Trouble: How sweet, Boo-Boo and Benny want to be best friends.

The Box Thief: Here we get detectives Snooper and Blabber a time to shine though as secondary characters it looks like. Parodies of unboxing videos are shown which is a genre of web videos that became over commercialized if you ask me.

Also because Blabber is a mouse detective, it reminds me of that detective book series in Harvey Beaks called Detective Dirk also featuring a detective mouse. That could’ve potentially been a promising spin-off. Of course Nick will never do spin-offs of Harvey Beaks and even if they did, they’d do something stupid with it without Greenblatt’s input. There should a mystery episode where Snooper and Blabber are the primary characters instead of Augie, Yakky, and Shag.

Balloon Kids: Great episode, where Augie, Yakky, and Shag go with Peter Potamus on his airship on a pirate-esque quest.

That was a nice batch of episodes most of them even better than the previous ones. And I’m glad this show got picked up for more episodes.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I've watched about half of the season so far, and I'm enjoying what I'm seeing.

"Lady Danjjer:" A solid start to the season, although I'm a little surprised to see a plot like this in today's day and age. If the roles had been reversed, this would have been a huge no-no. However, I found the episode largely innocent and fun. Yogi's cereal bath was probably my favorite gag.

"Baby Shenanigans:" The weakest in the season thus far, IMO. I was a little afraid when I found out they were doing the baby plot, since it's been done so many times before. I hoped they would do something really unique with it, but no. It plays out exactly how you'd expect it would. I don't have much positive things to say about this episode.

"Bleep:" When I first saw this title, I thought, "Ah, yes. The cursing episode. " But this episode has nothing to do with that. Instead, it features the return of the little alien guy (although I don't remember seeing him in any previous episodes? Perhaps I skipped one by mistake). It's amusing when Cindy gets a crazy streak and tries to "help" others through her wacky science experiments (I also loved the episode where she turned everybody into jelly and it took three years to find the antidote). The ending to this one featured a fun cameo/Easter egg, so that's nice I guess.

"Yogi's Mid-Life Crisis:" This one I found to be just okay, but I did enjoy some of Squiddly's comments and moments, like when she burst out of her shop because she sensed someone was "hurting music." She can be a really funny character at times, especially in the upcoming episode, "Pants."

"Jellystone Moon Platoon:" This one was very funny. It reminded me of that one early The Amazing World of Gumball episode where Gumball and Darwin thought the world was ending because of an eclipse. I loved the ragtag team of astronauts the mayor put together, as well as seeing the government agents randomly whisk them away (I chuckled when Daddy Doggie kept giving the agents teddy bears for Auggie until the scene cuts him off abruptly). The twist of the moon being the girlfriend of the sun was a bit...odd, but for a cartoon, I guess it made sense. The PSA at the end was hysterical as the audience watches all of the characters burning and screaming with pain. Other things I liked: Yakky Doodle randomly appearing on the spaceship and wondering why she's there, Snagglepuss making a reference to Katy Perry's "Firework."

"The Sea Monster of Jellystone Cave:" Another one I found to be just okay. The fight between the townsfolk and "sea monsters" had some amusing moments to them. I liked how Boo Boo kept naively revealing embarrassing things about himself and Yogi to the hot women.

"Business:" I feel like we haven't seen a lot of Bobbie Looey yet, so it was nice to have an episode focus on her somewhat. The "twist" ending was funny; it'd be cool to see Bobbie come back in a later episode as an antagonist, but I doubt that will happen.

"Pants:" Probably my favorite episode so far; the concept is just so ridiculous that it works. I loved how Magilla Gorilla was the only one who saw how stupid (and dangerous) the fad was. Squiddly calling Magilla "so so so so so etc." old also made me chuckle.

hobbyfan

Bleep, of course, first appeared on Josie & The Pussycats in Outer Space. Created for the show, Bleep remains while H-B/WB let the rights lapse to the two Josie series they had been licensed to do.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Bleep, of course, first appeared on Josie & The Pussycats in Outer Space. Created for the show, Bleep remains while H-B/WB let the rights lapse to the two Josie series they had been licensed to do.
I think WB still owns those series

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
H-B (which has since been absorbed by WB) never owned Josie and the Pussycats. Josie is owned by Archie comics, hence why we've yet to see any Josie characters on the show besides Bleep.
WB owns the rights to the H-B series of those characters though. We have seen Josie and the Pussycats on the live-action Riverdale series produced by WB.

hobbyfan

I think WB still owns those series

They do, but they don't have a license to adapt Josie anew in the here & now. Universal, you'll recall, produced the live-action movie in 2001, I think it was. Licensing is the key factor.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Even though the series was censored on CN PL/CEE feeds and HBO Max streaming, some of the censored moments from some episodes were presented on CN German-controlled YT feeds.

awinger24

Jellystone Season 3A
  • Disco Fever - An uncontrollable 70’s dance craze infects Jellystone and it’s up to Cindy, Yogi, and Boo Boo to stop it.
  • Cindy vs. Noodle Arms - Cindy teams up with Top Cat to fix everyone’s wobbly arms.
  • Hot Guys, Cold Turkey - Jabberjaw has an overactive cupid which makes her fall in love with everyone and everything.
  • Lotions 11 - With Top Cat in jail, his gang must pull off the scam of the century without him!
  • LAFF Games - Jellystone goes head to head in a competition against their rival town, New Bedrock.
  • Frankenhooky - Yogi and Boo Boo play hooky from work at an old, abandoned fun park where some meddling kids mistake them for monsters.
  • Girl, You My Friend! - Cindy, Jabberjaw, and Squiddly compete for the title of “best friend” in Jellystone.
  • Jellystone Noir - Shag hires a bunch of detectives to find his lost sense of childhood wonder.
  • Vote Raspberry - Huck creates a fake opponent to run against him in the mayoral election.
  • Collection Protection - Augie, Shag, and Yakky guard Peter’s collection of valuable toys while he leaves town.
  • Mummy Knows Best - An injured El Kabong mistakenly hires a cursed mummy to take over his teaching duties.
  • Augie-Mented Reality - Doggy Daddy transforms a bunch of folks into Augie so he can spend even more time with her.
  • Space Con - Peter Potamus’ convention costume gets him mistaken for the real Space Ghost.
  • Sha-Zogi - Yogi gives Shazzan a break from work by taking on his genie powers for the day.
14 out of the 40 episodes produced under Season 2.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
This show still continuing is a miracle in of itself. I saw Dick Dastardly in the photos. I hope they do him and Muttley justice and hope to see more brak/zorak/moltar/SG. and more HB cameos and injokes.

[classic swim]

SwimShady
The novelty of this show has worn off on me to the point where I’m not as excited for the Space Ghost episode as I should be.

Also just stings still that George Lowe will probably never voice act again. I’ll watch nonetheless but it’ll be a bummer.

Frontier

Staff member

Jellystone Season 3A
  • Disco Fever - An uncontrollable 70’s dance craze infects Jellystone and it’s up to Cindy, Yogi, and Boo Boo to stop it.
  • Cindy vs. Noodle Arms - Cindy teams up with Top Cat to fix everyone’s wobbly arms.
  • Hot Guys, Cold Turkey - Jabberjaw has an overactive cupid which makes her fall in love with everyone and everything.
  • Lotions 11 - With Top Cat in jail, his gang must pull off the scam of the century without him!
  • LAFF Games - Jellystone goes head to head in a competition against their rival town, New Bedrock.
  • Frankenhooky - Yogi and Boo Boo play hooky from work at an old, abandoned fun park where some meddling kids mistake them for monsters.
  • Girl, You My Friend! - Cindy, Jabberjaw, and Squiddly compete for the title of “best friend” in Jellystone.
  • Jellystone Noir - Shag hires a bunch of detectives to find his lost sense of childhood wonder.
  • Vote Raspberry - Huck creates a fake opponent to run against him in the mayoral election.
  • Collection Protection - Augie, Shag, and Yakky guard Peter’s collection of valuable toys while he leaves town.
  • Mummy Knows Best - An injured El Kabong mistakenly hires a cursed mummy to take over his teaching duties.
  • Augie-Mented Reality - Doggy Daddy transforms a bunch of folks into Augie so he can spend even more time with her.
  • Space Con - Peter Potamus’ convention costume gets him mistaken for the real Space Ghost.
  • Sha-Zogi - Yogi gives Shazzan a break from work by taking on his genie powers for the day.
14 out of the 40 episodes produced under Season 2.
Sounds like plenty of fun :).

Goldstar!

All right-y!
Frankenhooky - Yogi and Boo Boo play hooky from work at an old, abandoned fun park where some meddling kids mistake them for monsters
Sounds like Mystery, Inc. is finally going to show up on Jellystone. Scooby Doo fans should be happy about that.

I saw Dick Dastardly in the photos.
About dang time. Dick Dastardly and Muttley should have been the bad guys for this show instead of the Banana Splits. The Splits were horribly miscast here. Heck, even the Ant Hill Mob would've been a better choice.
LAFF Games - Jellystone goes head to head in a competition against their rival town, New Bedrock.
So, an appearance by The Flintstones, most likely. Interestingly, New Bedrock was mentioned in an earlier episode.

It's possible that this will be Jellystone's last season. C.H. Greenblatt and his team seem to be throwing in just about every H-B character this time around.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Artwork for season 3 which also includes the Jetsons.

Sounds like Mystery, Inc. is finally going to show up on Jellystone. Scooby Doo fans should be happy about that.
Based on images that showed up online,
it seems they're using the kids from Goober and the Ghost Chasers. But there might be more than one mystery solving team in the episode.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think before Jellystone! Space Ghost most recently appeared in an episode of the Wacky Races reboot (not counting Space Jam: A New Legacy).

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts