Kindergarten: The Musical (Disney Junior Show)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A new Disney Junior show produced by Oddbot is currently in development called Kindergarten: The Musical. Tom Warburton, Michelle Lewis, Dan Petty, Kay Hanley, and Charlotte Pettus are executive producers for the series. Laurie Israel is the story editor.

Screenshot_20220429-145300.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Rachel Green and Rebecca Snowden respectively joined up as storyboard revisionist and storyboard artist.

Screenshot_20220927-161811.png

Screenshot_20220927-161925.png

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

There's this article which talks about storytelling through music at Disney Television Animation (which makes me wonder if they're also involved with the show). Apparently, there are 2 versions of the theme song, one with Bertie's dad and another with her mom since they're divorced. Each episode will also have 3 songs, 2 done in CGI, and one done in 2D. These 2D songs are typically "I Want" songs, with the first episode having a song about Bertie wanting to go home since her first day in kindergarten didn't go as planned.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So there's this page which shows who the main voice actors are. We have Andrea Guzman, Zander Chin, Alice Halsey, Leah Newman, Shyam Balasubramanian, Randolph Perrine, Lena Josephine Marano, and Tandi Fumokong. Alice actually confirmed on Instagram who she's voicing, Kat and Ellie.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here's a first look at the show.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

"Kindergarten: The Musical Coming September 3 To Disney Junior"​

Screenshot_20240805-134313.jpg

"Among what I call The Junior Three (composed of Nick Jr., Disney Jr., and PBS Kids), I’d say that Disney Junior is most consistent with the kinds of great shows they put out. Many of the best shows have a certain element that can appeal to everyone, whether it’s the more complex storytelling of something like Sofia the First, or something that’s just meant to be more simple, wholesome fun, like Alice’s Wonderland Bakery. The upcoming series Kindergarten: The Musical definitely seems like another winner for the network. Let me tell you what it’s about.

Kindergarten: The Musical is an upcoming Disney Junior show slated for release on September 3, 2024.It’s definitely fitting for a show centered around school to come out just as kids start school. The series is created by songwriters Michelle Lewis and Charlton Pettus (the former of whom is known for working on shows like Doc McStuffins, The Loud House, Harvey Girls Forever, and Muppet Babies 2018), and produced by Oddbot Animation. They serve as executive producers alongside Kay Hanley, Don Petty, Mr. Tom Warburton (who’s also supervising director), and Laurie Israel (who’s also story editor)."

Click here to read the full article.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

"Kindergarten: The Musical Coming September 3 To Disney Junior"​

Screenshot_20240805-134313.jpg

"Among what I call The Junior Three (composed of Nick Jr., Disney Jr., and PBS Kids), I’d say that Disney Junior is most consistent with the kinds of great shows they put out. Many of the best shows have a certain element that can appeal to everyone, whether it’s the more complex storytelling of something like Sofia the First, or something that’s just meant to be more simple, wholesome fun, like Alice’s Wonderland Bakery. The upcoming series Kindergarten: The Musical definitely seems like another winner for the network. Let me tell you what it’s about.

Kindergarten: The Musical is an upcoming Disney Junior show slated for release on September 3, 2024.It’s definitely fitting for a show centered around school to come out just as kids start school. The series is created by songwriters Michelle Lewis and Charlton Pettus (the former of whom is known for working on shows like Doc McStuffins, The Loud House, Harvey Girls Forever, and Muppet Babies 2018), and produced by Oddbot Animation. They serve as executive producers alongside Kay Hanley, Don Petty, Mr. Tom Warburton (who’s also supervising director), and Laurie Israel (who’s also story editor)."

Click here to read the full article.
Thanks for putting this up

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here are the episodes airing on September, though this only mentions the Disney Junior channel so far. We have "There's No Place Like Kindergarten / We're Off to Get a Sticker" on September 3, "One Singular Self-Portrait / Don't Cry for Me Kindergarten" on September 4, "Little Job of Horrors / Bye Bye Albie" on September 5, "Shoeloose / If I Only Had a Scarf" on September 6, "Bunny Girl / Give My Regards to Backdrops" on September 13, and "Twin the Heights / Everything's Coming Up Jamil" on September 20.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Here are many of the episode descriptions:

Tuesday, Sept. 3
Original Series – Series Premiere on Disney Junior and Disney Channel
Kindergarten: The Musical! “There’s No Place Like Kindergarten/We’re Off to Get a Sticker”
(1-01) (8:00-8:25 a.m. EDT on Disney Junior/11:00-11:25 a.m. EDT on Disney Channel)

“There’s No Place Like Kindergarten” – Berti is homesick on her first day of kindergarten.

“We’re Off to Get a Sticker” – Radish tries to prove he’s a great explorer by finding all the stickers for his classroom “passport.”
TV-Y

Wednesday, Sept. 4
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Junior and Disney Channel
Kindergarten: The Musical! “One Singular Self-Portrait/Don’t Cry for Me Kindergarten” (1-02)
(8:00-8:25 a.m. EDT on Disney Junior/11:00-11:25 a.m. EDT on Disney Channel)

“One Singular Self-Portrait” – Berti makes a self-portrait but can’t decide whether to give it to her Mami or Papi.

“Don’t Cry for Me Kindergarten” – Rose rests in the Chill Zone, but her friends worry she’ll miss all the kindergarten fun!
TV-Y

Thursday, Sept. 5
Kindergarten: The Musical! “Little Job of Horrors/Bye Bye Albie” (1-03)

“Little Job of Horrors” – The kids spin a wheel to get a classroom job, but Berti doesn’t like the job she’s assigned.

“Bye Bye Albie” – When Albert, the class guinea pig, goes missing, the kids look everywhere for him!
TV-Y

September 6:

Kindergarten: The Musical! “Shoeloose/If I Only Had a Scarf” (1-04)

“Shoeloose” – Berti doesn’t want to get her new sparkly sneakers dirty, so she refuses to play at recess.

“If I Only Had a Scarf” – Berti loses her special scarf at school and then spots it … on a second grader.
TV-Y

September 13:

Kindergarten: The Musical! “Bunny Girl/Give My Regards to Backdrops” (1-07)

“Bunny Girl” – Berti doesn’t want to donate her favorite book to the class book drive.

“Give My Regards to Backdrops” – Ms. Moreno lets the class turn a gigantic cardboard box into whatever they want.
TV-Y

September 20:
Kindergarten: The Musical! “Twin the Heights/Everything’s Coming Up Jamil” (1-09)

“Twin the Heights” – Berti and Radish pretend to be twins for the day.

“Everything’s Coming Up Jamil” – Jamil is Student of the Day, but he doesn’t have time to fill out his special poster because all of his friends need his help.
TV-Y

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts