"King Kong: The Series" on Disney+: News and Discussion Thread

DogBoneController

So, uh, this is happening.

Stephany Folsom (Paper Girls) is head writer, while James Wan is executive producer. It will apparently be an origin story about Kong and delve into the mythology of Skull Island.

I must say, if Universal or Legendary were planning a similar show about Kong (both claim rights to the character even though he's technically PD), the lawsuits will be insane.

(Should point out: this will not be connected to the MonsterVerse or the Jackson canon, or any other King Kong continuity; this will be its own thing.)

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Wow, I was not expecting this. Especially on Disney+ of all places.

I mean, it could be cool, I guess. I've never watched any of the King Kong movies, but fans might find some substance here.

DogBoneController

Wow, I was not expecting this. Especially on Disney+ of all places.

I mean, it could be cool, I guess. I've never watched any of the King Kong movies, but fans might find some substance here.
Interesting note: the series is being drawn heavily from both the new King Kong novels by Joe DeVito and Merian Cooper's original stories (the DeVito novels were done under the Cooper estate's supervision). Guessing the idea is that the series will resemble Cooper's original vision.

harry580

so its not going to be connected to legendary pictures King Kong series and instead based on the new king kong novels by Joe devote & median coopers

DogBoneController

Wan's involvement is kinda interesting. If I recall he's never done anything for Disney up until now. Guessing things between him and WB under Zaslav are deteriorating (especially as rumors of Zaslav disliking Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom are circulating).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts