"Kite Man: Hell Yeah!" ("Harley Quinn" Spin-Off) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And then Harley Season 5 to follow afterwards, I imagine :).
5/3: You'd hardly know both are still being worked on if not for the crew being on social media. They could stream Kite Man and go right into HQ. The past 2 season debuted at the end of July. But seems like that's not happening. So maybe Kite Man debuts instead like July 25-ish.

6/5: Will air on Adult Swim Canada this year.

6/12: Some footage shown a Annecy of Kite Man and Golden Glider deciding to buy Noonan's.

6/20: Premieres on July 18.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
06/22:
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

kitemandgfag.jpg

"Harley Quinn Kite Man Spinoff Given July 18 Release Date"​

"Max’s Harley Quinn has a Season 5 in production, but it may still be a while before we get it. That Kite Man series we’ve been hearing about forever would fill the gap nicely. Where is it anyway?

Turns out it’s almost here — a month’s wait remains. For those who have somehow never been informed, a Kite Man show was announced two years ago while people were still waiting for Season 3 of HQ. The premise is that Kite Man buys Noonan’s, the bar all supervillains hang out at (this show was originally called “Noonan’s”)…but don’t expect a Cheers knockoff, at least not exactly."

Click here to read the full article.

06/25:
The season debuts with two episodes, followed by one new episode each week, concluding with the season finale on September 12.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It looks like it could be fun enough though I feel like it'll be more niche than the HQ show and kind of try to do too much to give Kite Man his own show o_O.

Also love Lance Reddick (RIP) and Keith David, but recasting characters who have already had VA's in the main show just feels weird to me :confused:.

But hey! Polka Dot Man! The Double Dare Twins! Some...twintail girl :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Still curious why. Were that many actors unavailable? Not interested in reprising?
I've seen speculation Giancarlo Esposito might have been busy with filming The Boys (no idea about Wanda Sykes or Michael Ironside).
There's an obscure Batman villain called Two Tone from the Aparo-Milligan run.
One thing consistent about this show and it's parent series is its love of obscure villains :).
Kite Man and Golden Glider: the new hot Supervillain couple :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
One thing consistent about this show and it's parent series is its love of obscure villains :).
Yeah, D-level deep cut picks are what's got my attention.

I was wrong, not Two Tone, that's Moe and Joe Dubelz from the Hitman comics. Forgot they were listed in the cast in a previous news release.

Think I saw Sixpack in the trailer, too. (they sure pulled some people from the Hitman comics haha) And Bonny Hoffman of the Body Doubles duo.

I've seen speculation Giancarlo Esposito might have been busy with filming The Boys (no idea about Wanda Sykes or Michael Ironside).
Or why they recasted Golden Glider when they just cast her in HQ S3. I guess Cathy Ang was busy filming that Sex and the City sequel show. Sykes maybe was busy as she had her show the Upshaws and did some Daily Show and Kimmel hosting. No clue with Ironside, but he's scaling back jobs and retiring?

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

"The Kite Man Trailer Is Now Flying Around"​

kitemanyeah.jpg

"One week after we learned Max’s Harley Quinn spinoff Kite Man: Hell Yeah! would be premiering on the service in July, we’ve received the first full trailer for the show. Normally release dates and trailers are handed down as a pair, but not this time.

As I’ve written many times by now, the Kite Man show runs on the premise that the Man With The Kite has purchased Noonan’s, re-theming it as the bar for all the bad guys who go unappreciated. As he puts it, “the big supervillains are all sitting pretty in their lairs. But this place is for the henches, the goons….the place for the rest of us! Where everyone around you loves you!” And knows your name?"

Click here to read the full article.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts